Sarkisian to replace Gailey? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sarkisian to replace Gailey?

Lol, Nicky ain’t leaving or retiring any time soon. He’ll never be able to replicate what he’s got at Bama and he knows that. Sark could come and take the Miami OC job, get a bump in pay, and if things went well with Tua, have a bunch of NFL HC offers come rolling in while still being the #1 choice to replace Saban when he does decide to retire.
So Miami is going to pay Sark 4 mill. to be OC......in four years watch it....
Remember my post in 2007 ....I told everyone here the night before Nick left..He was taking the Bama job....
You guys blasted me...
This info is coming from the same source.

Gailey has had a very productive year. I was not his biggest fan (still am not really), but he has proven very adept at tailoring our offense around doing what our players can do. Yes that includes both QB's, but also extends to our RB's who have overperformed, our young OL where nobody played next to anyone on either side of them last year, and our exceptional production from the entire TE room (Gesicki, Hollins, Smythe, and Shaheen). All in all, Gailey has had a fantastic season. But, at his age, he's not staying forever. Coach Flo would be wise to size up new OC candidates in case Gailey re-retires.
This. Overperformed is the key word. Knowing what this group of players can and cannot do - something that comes from experience. I truly believe that Gase would be a 12 PPG play caller w this offense. McVay wouldn’t look so smart etc. Gailey has adapted as you say. I think a lot of people are missing the point about just how woeful and / or inexperienced this squad looks on paper and what an accomplishment it has been to get them playing disciplined, productive offensive football. Even the run game has improved as the season wore on. A less experienced OC may have abandoned it earlier in the year and not gone back to it.

Pretty much Head coach in waiting at Alabama......Yea...he'll give that up to be OC at Miami..

Has Saban said he's "Definitely not considering XYZ and is 100% committed to Alabama!"? If not, he's probably not going anywhere and Sark may be waiting a while.

This. Overperformed is the key word. Knowing what this group of players can and cannot do - something that comes from experience. I truly believe that Gase would be a 12 PPG play caller w this offense. McVay wouldn’t look so smart etc. Gailey has adapted as you say. I think a lot of people are missing the point about just how woeful and / or inexperienced this squad looks on paper and what an accomplishment it has been to get them playing disciplined, productive offensive football. Even the run game has improved as the season wore on. A less experienced OC may have abandoned it earlier in the year and not gone back to it.
Yep, to a large degree this season feels a lot like the Tony Sparano aberation year where we won the division and made the playoffs, or even Gase's double-digit win season that also took us to the playoffs. In both cases we were the perfect storm of a hot QB and a lot of smokes & mirrors that as not sustainable in the playoffs and even less sustainable the following season. But this year feels as though we're on the cusp of something. While we are definitely overperforming this season--and for that Gailey deserves a lot of credit--I do think we're making progress and building a team that can become worthy of consistent playoff appearances. Our core is strong and full of young players, with a good recent draft and another treasure trove of picks in 2021 to bolster it.

While we all knew that Chad Pennington was not the long term answer, just as we know Fitzmagic is not the long term answer, we finally have a young QB with potential, a strong defensive coach (Coach Flo), and maybe even an OL coach and some promising OL to keep this offense afloat. We're definitely punching above our weight right now, but it feels like we're really building something, and I hope that continues, because we have real potential as a team of the future.

I think Flo has a different type of offense in mind than most of us think.

Dabo has some REAL baggage with some of the crap he has pulled...It WILL NOT be Dabo...

You gotta love Dabo. Said he voted Ohio St. 11th in his coaches poll because they only played 6 games.

Then turns around in the same breath and campaigns for Fabio to win the Heisman after 9 mediocre games against the likes of Citadel, Wake Forest & Boston College, while Smitty and Mac10 lit up a 10 game all SEC schedule.

He’s a great fit for Auburnwithlakepson.

I mean, I would. I'd rather be #2 on an up and coming affluent NFL team coaching a player(s potentially after draft) I know I can win with that can launch me into stardom,. Or, I can stay in my double wide with the simpletons hoping Saban dies of a hair plug surgery or cow flipping.

So thats what millionaire OC at the collegiate level do now days? Double wides?

I see a lot of jokes about trailers..but have any of you seen Gainsville?....talk about throwing rocks in glass modular homes..sheesh!!

Dabo backtracked that comment as hard as he could

Came back and said he put them 11th bc they weren’t qualified, and they were the best team among those not qualified 🤣

...weird in other venues Gailey is being recognized as "coordinator of the year."

Back
Top Bottom