Sarkisian to replace Gailey? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sarkisian to replace Gailey?

You gotta love Dabo. Said he voted Ohio St. 11th in his coaches poll because they only played 6 games.

Then turns around in the same breath and campaigns for Fabio to win the Heisman after 9 mediocre games against the likes of Citadel, Wake Forest & Boston College, while Smitty and Mac10 lit up a 10 game all SEC schedule.

He’s a great fit for Auburnwithlakepson.

I used to like Dabo a lot, but lately he's been quite the whiner.

I'd love to see Sark come to Miami, but I believe Gailey will be done after this year and Godsey will be the OC. He seems to be grooming for it and working closely with Tua.

What about hiring in house - Godsey or Brown...
Godsey seemed to do well in all aspects....

I know he's said he would love to coach Tua in the NFL and was largely responsible for the offense Tua excelled in. Knowing that Old Chan River would be better off collecting stamps, what's the chance we make a push and back up the brinks truck to get him here as OC? Clearly that would also influence which players we take in the draft.

Thoughts?
I remember when we brought in Shermer to coach Tannehill who he coached in college. I think that stunted his growth. I think it would be best for Tua’s development to stay in the same system he’s learned this year, or maybe one that is at least quite similar.

If your idea of “best job in the world” is coaching amateur football...yes!
You realize how much he gets paid? How about the fact that recruits want to play for Bama, Bama doesn’t have to fight for the top players. Bama is in the championship talk every year and they usually have the most players drafted in the 1st round than other teams. Yeah, Nick has the greatest job.

If your idea of “best job in the world” is coaching amateur football...yes!
I totally agree that college football is nothing but the minor leagues of football. Yet Saban was never a good fit for the NFL and he would have been lucky to be a mediocre coach at the professional level. Yet he has unlimited financial resources at Alabama and he is an excellent recruiter. When you can recruit the best players in high school year after year it is fairly easy to have a top team in the minors.

In the NFL you have to deal with a salary cap and you can’t just go out and recruit a hand full of the best players in the NFL to come play for you every year. Saban is a decent college head coach and he is paid far more than most NFL head coaches. So for a failure as an NFL head coach, Saban probably does have the,” best job in the world“ for someone like him who isn’t good enough to succeed at the highest level of the game.

You realize how much he gets paid? How about the fact that recruits want to play for Bama, Bama doesn’t have to fight for the top players. Bama is in the championship talk every year and they usually have the most players drafted in the 1st round than other teams. Yeah, Nick has the greatest job.
It wasn’t like that before he got there...he made it what it is....Bama was on a long down slide before he arrived.

Did you just describe Clemson?

It wasn’t like that before he got there...he made it what it is....Bama was on a long down slide before he arrived.
I give Saban all the credit in the world for how he turned around the Alabama football program. He is one of the greatest recruiters in the history of college football and as I stated earlier he is a decent college football coach. He was smart enough to realize he was over his head as an NFL head coach and he made the best possible career move he could make at the time by lying about leaving for Alabama and then taking the job anyway.

He is better off in Alabama and the Dolphins were better off instead of having a coach who was not very good and a liar on top of it.

There was a rumor flying around last month that this might be it for Saban.

Love how when you associate with bama on this board you are just a bama homer. Like bama hasn't just dominated for over a decade. Hell we are all finz homers and our team hasn't been relevant in 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom