Second Round Targets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

One other thing about Delpit that I like, he was used in a variety of ways at LSU. He played up around the LOS at times. He could take the role Flores envisioned for Minkah. With Delpit being 6'3" he'd be great at covering TE's in Flores defense.

Who do you guys suspect will be the next 6 guys off the board before our pick at 39.

I'd consider 3 of them to be "gone" already. I think Mims, J.Jones and one of Epenesa/Gross-Matos is gone by our pick for sure.

Jones and Mims I think are the first 2 taken today by Cincy and Indy.

NYG I have penciled in for a defensive player, with the possibility of Mims.

Carolina is looking for DB's or OL help.

I can see the Lions taking a RB or OL.

Hoping to see 3 corners come off the board in the first 6 today.

Here are a few that I can think of:

McKinney S
Delpit S
Winfield S
Swift RB
Taylor RB
Dobbins RB
Lewis Edge
Pittman WR
Shenault WR
Higgins WR
Espenesa DL
Davidson DL
Gross-Matos DL
Jones OT
Cushenberry OG

I would be happy with any of those. Except WR in round 2. Unless it's Mims.

I like Dobbins as well, but worried about his hands (fumbles/dropped passes), just didn't list him because I like Swift and Akers better for their all around skills running, catching, and pass blocking.

I also like Delpit, but worry about his tackling issues, he is my 4th safety.
Dobbins has only 4 lost fumbles in over 720+ career carries.

Add a third 2nd round pick by trading some draft capital. Draft RB (Swift/Dobbins), S (McKinney/Delpit) and best available offensive linemen.

id go

39 S Delpit/Winfield

56 WR TeeHiggins

70 RT Prince Tega Wanogho

Also try and trade back into the 3rd

I predict Miami landing Joe Thuney possibly with a 2nd today and a third tomorrow, 2nd next year.

One other thing about Delpit that I like, he was used in a variety of ways at LSU. He played up around the LOS at times. He could take the role Flores envisioned for Minkah. With Delpit being 6'3" he'd be great at covering TE's in Flores defense.
That size and athleticism is just sooo tempting

I might being too optimistic. I know I am lol, wanting him to be a Derwin James 2.0

That size and athleticism is just sooo tempting

I might being too optimistic. I know I am lol, wanting him to be a Derwin James 2.0
Early in the college football season, I was drooling over Delpit. Those 1st few games seeing him play all over the back 7, gave me thoughts about him in a Dolphins uniform in Flores system. But then he forgot how to tackle.

Back
Top Bottom