Second Round Targets | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Second Round Targets

Lynn Bowden At 70 if they keep the pick. Might be early but the talent and upside is there. Bye Bye Jakeem.

I think Igby is going to be our KR/PR, So I can see Jakeem being replaced. However I think it happens high in Day 3.

I think Day 2 is about completing the OL, and getting a RB and S

I'm sure there would be a lot of people here complaining... but I would love to see Miami get their hands on wr Laviska Shenault in the 2nd round. Future NFL stud that will outplay some of the 1st round receivers. Starting lineup with Tua throwing to Parker, Williams, Shenault and Gesicki would equal nightmares for AFC East secondaries. Add a speed receiver off the bench and a dangerious receiving rb and it's even worse. Can wait til 2021 for those last two pieces, Travis Eittiene out of the backfield and one several sub 4.4 wrs expected to be in the 2021 b bdraft pool.
That would be my first choice as well. Probably the most physical wr in the draft. Is insanely talented with the ball in his hands.

Now that our 3 starting corners are set, we really need to replace the garbage that is Bobby McCain at FS. McKinney, Winfield, Davis, Chinn, Dugger -- any of these guys will be a significant upgrade.

I think we can land a solid RB at 56. I'd probably take Swift if he's there at 39 though. Otherwise, I'd wait until 56 and target Dobbins/Akers.

Obviously need more OL help, maybe on the interior. I like Cushenberry and Hennessey a lot. I don't know if they're high on a guy like Matt Peart later on day 2, but I'm good with Jesse Davis at RT at least while Fitz is QB. We can use one of our two first rounders next year on a tackle.

WR remains the wild card.... Shenault, Mims, Pittman are all intriguing and I know the Dolphins like Bowden a lot per 3ypc.

Here are a few that I can think of:

McKinney S
Delpit S
Winfield S
Swift RB
Taylor RB
Dobbins RB
Lewis Edge
Pittman WR
Shenault WR
Higgins WR
Espenesa DL
Davidson DL
Gross-Matos DL
Jones OT
Cushenberry OG
Lots of talent there.

This is the best board awareness that I have seen from the Phins in many years. Grier lit so many smokescreens that both Detroit and the Giants were frozen in place... so Tua fell. Then we moved down and still got our CB...

Now compare this with all the whiners who wanted to trade up... NO MATTER WHAT THE COST!!!!!

Just masterful work by Grier.
Nice to get an additional 4th rounder as well.

Safety and running back are tempting, but I wouldn’t be mad if it was all offensive line for the next two rounds.

Good point about Davis. I think we might be done at DB though. With Noah set to play nickel, that shifts Bobby McCain back to safety to start alongside Rowe. We're likely to see OL, WR, RB and front 7 tonight.

The goal is to shift Bobby McCain and his overrated *** off the team

Love @silverfin 's list

For me top of the night, hoping for a safety (McKinney, Delpit, Winfield) then a rb (Swift or Taylor if were going w/ one in the second round) would make me happy, but if we go OL again instead I will be happy too. Jones, Cleveland, one of the LSU iOL, maybe Hunt.

RB - Swift or Akers
WR - Denzel Mims or Higgins
T - Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland
S - McKinney, Winnfield, or Dugger
TE - Kmet

3rd round, hoping for Biadasz or Hennessey for center, unless Cushenberry falls

just read through all 6 pages

- Found it interesting the idea of passing on a RB at 39.

- We have so much ammunition, that I definitely see us overpaying to move up once the run starts.

- Take the BPA at 39, which at this point to me is Antoine Winfield (although you can't ignore the Davis/Alexander connection). Gotta think that Flores will value the NFL connection with Winfield though.

- Once the next RB goes, then we get on the phone and start talking about moving up. We can even wait till 2 of Swift, Taylor, Dobbins go and then trade up immediately for the 3rd.

- I definitely think we add a receiver some time in Round 4 or 5.

Why are most people dismissing Delpit? Out of curiosity

As an LSU fan I can tell you his 2019 tape is nowhere near as good as his 2018 tape. After 2018 he was considered a top 10 potential pick. He was dominant as an in the box safety.

Last year he played with a high ankle sprain most of the season and it really slowed him down in coverage. He missed some tackles. He wasn’t his normal self most of the year and you could tell something was off.

Back
Top Bottom