Section 126's Top 50 current NBA Players. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Section 126's Top 50 current NBA Players.

So less than half of an NBA season is enough to declare you a top 50 player? :rolleyes2

There are so many players not on that list that are more deserving, like Caron Butler.

That's the only thing I'd REALLY argue with Section's list.. Caron Butler should be up there.

then why are you arguing about brandon roy?

He's not on his top 50, and if he was, it'd be ridiculous.

I'm arguing your ridiculous claim that if he never got hurt, he'd be up there.

He's a rookie who was averaging 12/4/4 with 42% shooting.. 6th man caliber numbers. While stats don't mean everything, you have to at least be "up there" with the stats to even have an argument. Eventually, he's got the potential to be up there, but right now? No way in hell.

he is 4th on his list of mention and only playing 7 games...........i think he would be on the list if he had played all season........i unno though, section would you have brandon roy on your top 50 if he played all season?

If he had played all season at the pace of 12/4/4 and 42%?

That's the thing.. he could've stayed at that place, got worse, got better, or even boomed. We don't know what could've been. All we can do is look at what actually happened, and look onto the future.

Nonetheless, I'm excited about seeing Brandon Roy play basketball in the future once he develops his game and picks up the much needed experience. However, I think overall, Randy Foye is going to be the better rook. I prefer Marcus Williams too, but we won't see him at his peak until Jason Kidd is done.

If he had played all season at the pace of 12/4/4 and 42%?

That's the thing.. he could've stayed at that place, got worse, got better, or even boomed. We don't know what could've been. All we can do is look at what actually happened, and look onto the future.

Nonetheless, I'm excited about seeing Brandon Roy play basketball in the future once he develops his game and picks up the much needed experience. However, I think overall, Randy Foye is going to be the better rook. I prefer Marcus Williams too, but we won't see him at his peak until Jason Kidd is done.
his stats would be better but he has 2 games where he tried to play and got hurt....really hurt his averages...oh well im really excited about him also(as you can tell). i like foye but minne is loaded with guards so he isnt gettin the playin time he should get imo......i like marcus williams to, he seems alittle nervous not shooting high percentage.....

1. Kobe Bryant (2)
2. Lebron James (1)
3. Dwyane Wade (4)
4. Dirk Nowitzki (5)
5. Allen Iverson (3)
6. Kevin Garnett (8)
7. Steve Nash (10)
8. Elton Brand (6)
9. Paul Pierce (11)
10. Tracy McGrady (7)
11. Shaquille Oneal (9)
12. Gilbert Arenas (15)
13. Tim Duncan (12)
14. Carmelo Anthony (17)
15. Yao Ming (26)
16. Shawn Marion (21)
17. Michael Redd (14)
18. Dwight Howard (28)
19. Amare Stoudmire (13)
20. Vince Carter (15)
21. Ray Allen (20)
22. Paul Gasol (27)
23. Ron Artest (18)
24. Jermaine Oneal (25)
25. Manu Ginobli (24)
26. Chauncey Billups (20)
27. Chris Bosh (22)
28. Tony Parker (23)
29. Mike Bibby
30. Zach Randolph (35)
31. Antawn Jamison
32. Rasheed Wallace
33. Chris Paul (40)
34. Rip Hamilton
35. Jason Kidd (30)
36. Jason Terry
37. Rashard Lewis
38. Baron Davis (42)
39. Peja Stoyakovich
40. Lamar Odom (NR)
41. Ben Gordon (44)
42. Ben Wallace (38)
43. Jason Richardson (46)
44. Mike Miller (50)
45. Carlos Boozer (NR)
46. Joe Johnson (43)
47. Josh Howard
48. Marcus Camby
49. Gerald Wallace (NR)
50. Andres Nocioni (NR)

Honorable Mentions: Kirk Hinrich, Richard Jefferson (45), Boris Diaw, Tayshaun Prince (47), Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin, Jason Williams, Bonzi Wells, Andre Miller, Corey Magette, Nenad Krystic, Andei Kirilenko, Chris Webber (33), Larry Hughes, Sam Cassell, Eddie Jones (50), Caron Butler.

Second Tier: Channing Frye, JR Smith, Eddie Curry, Udonis Haslem, Leandro Barbosa, Monta Ellis, Luol Deng, Wally Szczerviak, Al Jefferson, Alonzo Mourning
Wheres Memo Okur and Deron Williams

JOE JOHNSON at 48? 28 PTS per game with a 50% FG average he should be up in the top 10 he is amazing i get to see him alot being a big hawks fan and living in the A

What I don't understand is how Scotty Pippen was "chosen" one of the top 50 best ALL-TIME players in NBA history a few years back....all he did was ride MJ's tails.

There are AT LEAST 5 players in the league who I'd take before Steve Nash. Stop overrating him.. he's a one dimensional, offensive stud. Nash is probably in the most perfect situation for a single player in the NBA. I mean, seriously, why wasn't he this good in Dallas? Exactly. Take every player in the league and put them in the PERFECT situation (Nash included), and LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, and Dirk Nowitzski are without question better overall players.

unfortunately (for your argument), the Suns have looked much worse off without Nash when he's been sidelined, yet found a way to win without Stoudamire last year with nash running the show. He makes that team go.

JOE JOHNSON at 48? 28 PTS per game with a 50% FG average he should be up in the top 10 he is amazing i get to see him alot being a big hawks fan and living in the A

Lol. Joe Johnson is very good, and an upcoming star, but top 10 is insane. Let him put up those type of numbers for a couple more years, then he might break the top 25 :tongue:

Only thing I disagree with is Luol Deng being tier 2. He is a playing very solid basketball, and should be at least honorable mention. Same with Deron Williams :D

unfortunately (for your argument), the Suns have looked much worse off without Nash when he's been sidelined, yet found a way to win without Stoudamire last year with nash running the show. He makes that team go.

And that does not make him the better player.

They're perimeter loaded, so as long as Nash is there, they will be able to get out, run, and score loads of points. However, Amare is a dominating force when healthy, and he was clearly the better player on that team a few years back when both were healthy.

People overrate the hell out've Steve Nash. He doesn't know what defense is.

Top 10? That's absurd. Give it a bit more time.

Nonetheless, he should be top 50.. as should Caron.. maybe Deron Williams.

I think the three of those guys have certainly made their claim.

I'd take out Ben Gordon and Mike Miller. I'd move Joe Johnson into the 20s.

Back
Top Bottom