Senior Bowl 2020 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl 2020

This is such a deep class at WR and RB, the RBs have shone in this game so far. Gordon slinging it around with great accuracy, may get himself drafted on this (and of course the 6k passing yards he threw for). Chase Claypool one of my favourite wideouts with the TD there, he's probably not the type we need but I do like him a lot.

You know they add to shorter dudes' height.

Wasn't there a QB in the last couple of years that measured like 1/4" taller, at the combine, than anyone thought he was, and he just called it a day and did nothing else? I was thinking, "What'd he do? Hang upside down for the past month?"

For me, it's move up for Tua for a reasonable price, or target Herbert at 5. I like Tua a lot better, but I'd rather have Herbert surrounded by a high-end OL and group of receivers than Tua without all that. Where the balance breaks one way or the other, I'm still deciding.
It's a tough decision. Herbert has some great moments, but his anticipation and pocket presence isn't always good. I don't know how much coaching can improve that. With Tua, you've got to anticipate (at best) him missing time due to injury. He could be an injury bust, or give you some high level play when he is healthy. Hard to project. Maybe somewhere in between.

I do think trading up for Tua is a little crazy. If he falls to #5 it's one thing and I could get behind the pick.

I doubt it. You know they add to shorter dudes' height.

Wasn't there a QB in the last couple of years that measured like 1/4" taller, at the combine, than anyone thought he was, and he just called it a day and did nothing else? I was thinking, "What'd he do? Hang upside down for the past month?"

Adding an inch isnt a big deal to me at all.

It's a tough decision. Herbert has some great moments, but his anticipation and pocket presence isn't always good. I don't know how much coaching can improve that. With Tua, you've got to anticipate (at best) him missing time due to injury. He could be an injury bust, or give you some high level play when he is healthy. Hard to project. Maybe somewhere in between.

I do think trading up for Tua is a little crazy. If he falls to #5 it's one thing and I could get behind the pick.

Anticipation is what wins in the NFL..

You can't wait until someone is open..gotta throw it to get him open and Herbert has never done that.

Luckily for us Miami isnt as high on him as some fans are.

Kyle Dugger...

Fits Flores' positionless defense....

Herbert isn't a good quarterback.

He's never the reason a offense scores points or makes plays. He's just kinda there and has been for 4 years.

If he is who Miami selects I'll root for him but I'll always know Miami will be in the qb market again very soon.
That's kind of my fear as well. I don't know what skills are teachable, but we watched Ryan Tannehill struggle with pocket presence and he never really got better in that regard. Now, Tennessee has him getting rid of the ball quickly to make that less of a weakness, but it's still there.

There's some of that with Herbert as well. Maybe others who have seen Herbert more than I have can chime in.

This is such a deep class at WR and RB, the RBs have shone in this game so far. Gordon slinging it around with great accuracy, may get himself drafted on this (and of course the 6k passing yards he threw for). Chase Claypool one of my favourite wideouts with the TD there, he's probably not the type we need but I do like him a lot.
What round do you think Gordon will be drafted in? He is very much under-the-radar.

Steele and Throckmorton have been terrible at Tackle.

What round do you think Gordon will be drafted in? He is very much under-the-radar.

6th or 7th, the minshew factor too plays into his drafting stock, just doesn't have the arm to go much higher but they did say that about Minshew too, so who knows.

Steele and Throckmorton have been terrible at Tackle.

Throckmorton doesn't look like he belongs out there...that last sack by Anae had me laughing.

It just depends on how much it costs to move up. I'd give up something significant - just not somethings significant.

Back
Top Bottom