Senior Bowl 2020 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl 2020

I thought Herbert was the best player and it wasn’t close. Good for him.

I was impressed with his off field personality as much as his on field work. There were all these stories about him being a quiet introvert , non leader type, but all I saw was him being the first to congratulate his D when they came off the field and how he was interacting with everyone post game. Kid checks a lot of boxes, there are a lot of question marks too, a lot of great things on tape and a lot of awful things like the AZ state game. Someone will take him very high, think he solidified himself as QB 3 this year, for me there is a huge gap between 2 and 3 though.

For me, it's move up for Tua for a reasonable price, or target Herbert at 5. I like Tua a lot better, but I'd rather have Herbert surrounded by a high-end OL and group of receivers than Tua without all that. Where the balance breaks one way or the other, I'm still deciding.
That’s the multi million dollar question.
Honestly I’m not confident in Grier pulling it off or making the right decision.
1. Correctly evaluate the QB board.
2. Determine cost analysis - your 1st choice v QB2, QB3 etc.

If I’m Grier, I call Washington and offer #5 and #26 for #2.
Hey Redskins, you will end up with Okudah, Young or your favorite LT prospect in draft to protect Haskins and you acquire another starter with pick #26. Maybe a WR weapon for your QB.

Now I know, I will have my choice of Tua or Burrow.

there are a lot of question marks too,

No there arent't. There is only one, why he did not score more at Oregon his senior year, that is the only question mark.
Tua has more question marks by a wide margin. Tua is a much bigger risk, so much that he is undraftable.

That’s the multi million dollar question.
Honestly I’m not confident in Grier pulling it off or making the right decision.
1. Correctly evaluate the QB board.
2. Determine cost analysis - your 1st choice v QB2, QB3 etc.

If I’m Grier, I call Washington and offer #5 and #26 for #2.
Hey Redskins, you will end up with Okudah, Young or your favorite LT prospect in draft to protect Haskins and you acquire another starter with pick #26. Maybe a WR weapon for your QB.

Now I know, I will have my choice of Tua or Burrow.
Tua needs to be 100+% for that to happen...

Not 80%...not 90%...not 95%, but 100+%, anything less than 100+% ut him at the same level as Love and Herbert.

MVP of the Senior Bowl will not affect Herbert’s stock one way or the other. The scouts are all gone by the time the game happens. The week of practice is what matters for all these players.

All it means is now he has something in common with Pat White, Kyle Lauletta, E.J. Manuel, Christian Ponder, Davis Webb, Cade McNown, etc.

No there arent't. There is only one, why he did not score more at Oregon his senior year, that is the only question mark.
Tua has more question marks by a wide margin. Tua is a much bigger risk, so much that he is undraftable.
I wouldn't say he's undraftable. You would want to draft him at the right spot. But if I had a choice between injured Tua and Herbert at 5 or even 3 ? I'm taking Herbert all day long.

MVP of the Senior Bowl will not affect Herbert’s stock one way or the other. The scouts are all gone by the time the game happens. The week of practice is what matters for all these players.

All it means is now he has something in common with Pat White, Kyle Lauletta, E.J. Manuel, Christian Ponder, Davis Webb, Cade McNown, etc.
So you don't believe Herbert is a Top 5 pick?

Tua needs to be 100+% for that to happen...

Not 80%...not 90%...not 95%, but 100+%, anything less than 100+% ut him at the same level as Love and Herbert.
I think it’s easy to forget how good Tua is.
That ball placement, intangibles, eyes, feet...
He’s best QB prospect since freaking Luck.
If he’s progressing I’m giving up #26.
All day long.

I think it’s easy to forget how good Tua is.
That ball placement, intangibles, eyes, feet...
He’s best QB prospect since freaking Luck.
If he’s progressing I’m giving up #26.
All day long.

Progressing?

What if his progress leaves him 90% of the player he was before the ankles, the knee, and the hip? Are we still lucky to get a walking M.A.S.H. unit?

tenor (1).gif

Are long throws that important? Titans made it to afc champ game with a qb who doesnt throw long thst much.

Keep an eye on Hennesey at Center for the North here, along with Cushenberry for the South, could well be a target for us in the 3rd or 4th round.
I now feel those two go well before 4th. Probably 2nd early 3rd?

Back
Top Bottom