Senior Bowl Review Notes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl Review Notes

If need is the thing, I get it. But I dare anyone to find me 18 guys who should absolutely 100% go above Dillon Radunz regardless of need.
I’ll bite

1Trevor Lawrence
2 Justin Fields
3 Zach Wilson
4 Mac Jones
5 Penei Sewell
6 Christian Darrisaw
7 Rashawn Slater
8 Devonta Smith
9 Ja’Marr Chase
10 Jaylen Waddle
11 Kyle Pitts
12 Patrick Surtain
13 Caleb Farley
14 Micah Parsons
15 Jaycee Horn
16 Christian Barmore
17 Kwitty Paye
18 Gregory Rousseau
19 Zaven Collins
20 Najee Harris
21 Travis Ettienne
22 Jevonte Williams

I’ll bite

1Trevor Lawrence
2 Justin Fields - No
3 Zach Wilson - No
4 Mac Jones - Absolutely not
5 Penei Sewell
6 Christian Darrisaw - Definitely not
7 Rashawn Slater - No
8 Devonta Smith
9 Ja’Marr Chase
10 Jaylen Waddle - Maybe
11 Kyle Pitts
12 Patrick Surtain
13 Caleb Farley - No
14 Micah Parsons - No
15 Jaycee Horn - Maybe
16 Christian Barmore - Maybe
17 Kwitty Paye - No
18 Gregory Rousseau - Maybe
19 Zaven Collins - Maybe
20 Najee Harris - Maybe
21 Travis Ettienne - No
22 Jevonte Williams - No

There.

He's built like a bigger version of Cameron Wake, at 6'3" & 274 lbs. Look at the build, the engine he's got in his lower body. It's very similar. He's explosive off the snap and very quick with his hands, has strength and mobility.

Yes he does absolutely fit what Miami would be looking for on defense because at Tulane he was an OLB, and looked good playing that role, was legitimately one of the highest grading edge players in the FBS, and yet for Miami at Senior Bowl week they constantly moved him to 3-technique and even 1-technique and he still continued to look good. He was nigh unblockable as a 3-technique during the practices. Yet he was strong enough to take on the double-teams at 1-technique when he was asked to do that (Miami had no true 1-techniques on the National squad, unlike the American squad who had Marlon Tuipulotu and Marvin Wilson).

I don't know if I'd say he's instinctive about his "plan" for how to play and beat the blockers, because perhaps there's a lot of film study that goes into it, but I'll say he's damn successful. I watched him set guys up and vary his techniques according to what was going to work against which guy all through the practice week. It was impressive to see.

Who does that remind you of? Your answer should be Trey Flowers.
Do you think he could go as high as #18?

Do you think he could go as high as #18?

Doubtful.

Let me compare the situation to Marcus Davenport rocketing up to 14 overall, because I feel like that is a useful parallel. They both come from lesser conferences. Both had great grades coming from those lesser conferences. Both played OLB despite being built pretty plus-sized for that spot.

But here are the key points to note:

1. Davenport was 6'5" with 34" arms. He was cut from marble to fill the position.
2. Davenport also ran a 4.58, 10'4" broad jump, 7.20 cone, etc.

Will Cam Sample go out there and measure/test like that? No he will not. He's a different player at 274 lbs.

As I said he's more like Trey Flowers, who by the way went at the top of the 4th round. You get the feeling that if the NFL had that to do all over again, and Trey Flowers entered the draft under the pseudonym Tre Flores, he'd probably still go in the 3rd round.

But I should say, he's a fantastic player, and I can never be surprised when fantastic players are discovered and appreciated.

Any young top 20 QB is worth at least 2 first round picks

The best defensive lineman from the week of Senior Bowl practices who went to the game and won Defensive MVP?

Yeah why would anyone ever appreciate him enough to draft 1st round.
I bet you a sig for a month Sample doesn’t get drafted in the top 18

I double that bet that Mac Jones is a top 20 QB within 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom