Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz?

5. Fitz is in the perfect spot right now, right here. These is literally no other spot in the NFL right now where he’d make sense to suit up. It is what it is - let him fulfill his utility that he signed up for. Great for the culture, great for Tua, great to have off of the bench and great for beard lovers everywhere.
You are correct on points 1 - 4, however re Fitz being in the perfect spot - I disagree strongly. What you miss is the fact that he really loves to play the game and sitting on the bench doesn't cut it for him, especially after playing great football in recent games. I'm of the belief that when he said that it hurts being demoted to the backup role, he was telling the truth and this was like a dagger to the heart. He will fulfill his contract and help Tua because he's a total professional and has great character, but I expect Fitz will give it away and retire at the end of the season. I'd love to see him get into coaching.

Fitz is one snap away from being the starter again if Tua gets injured and we wouldn’t get much value in a trade.

Fitz is the perfect back up and a mentor for Tua. There is no reason to want to change that.

You are correct on points 1 - 4, however re Fitz being in the perfect spot - I disagree strongly. What you miss is the fact that he really loves to play the game and sitting on the bench doesn't cut it for him, especially after playing great football in recent games. I'm of the belief that when he said that it hurts being demoted to the backup role, he was telling the truth and this was like a dagger to the heart. He will fulfill his contract and help Tua because he's a total professional and has great character, but I expect Fitz will give it away and retire at the end of the season. I'd love to see him get into coaching.
Spike - you’re right - I wrote that before he made those comments and really believed he was all in on supporting Tua.

Fitz would just retire if he was traded. His 70 kids are in Tampa and he likes being near them.

Why next year? Trade his a5$ now while he has value. May be a third rounder, with a desperate team like Dallas. Once we start with Tua, that's no going back. He either ball out or we use Houston pick and try our luck with qb again. He would have zero value after next season. Thats not a smart front office would do. Plus, his presser was so melo dramatic. Trade his a$5.

We should at least shop him to Dallas they are dreadful with Dalton maybe could sneak a decent pick

I don't think he will get traded but I also don't think he will be on the Dolphins next year. He will either retire or go to another team after this season and the Dolphins will bring in a younger backup QB.
He would be a fool to go anywhere if Miami wanted him back as as backup.

Based on his ability to throw a football, retirement is the best option. If anyone signs him, it’s to lose on purpose.

Why next year? Trade his a5$ now while he has value. May be a third rounder, with a desperate team like Dallas. Once we start with Tua, that's no going back. He either ball out or we use Houston pick and try our luck with qb again. He would have zero value after next season. Thats not a smart front office would do. Plus, his presser was so melo dramatic. Trade his a$5.

No one wants him. Why would Dallas give up a third rounder to possibly finish 4-12 or best case 5-11?

Dallas needs at least 3 new starting OL.

No one wants him. Why would Dallas give up a third rounder to possibly finish 4-12 or best case 5-11?

Because that whole division is pure hot garbage. 6 wins will probably win the division.

The injuries to the Cowboys O-line, which had been a position of strength, really render moot anything they could do at a skill position. Theyre playing for Trevor Lawrence. I hope they just gave some lip service about Dak, cuz he sucks and they should be looking to draft a QB if theyre finishing in top 4 draft position.
To reiterate...Dak sucks. His stats are meaningless because he always chokes in crunchtime.
Dak Prescott: "You can lose with him".

And Fitzpatrick fits Dallas cause he’s garbage too? I get it.
Huh? Who said that? I was commenting on why Dallas would/should make a trade. Has nothing to do with Fitz, could replace his name with any QB name.

What are you talking about? Since the Tua story broke early last week, the vibe around the league has Fitz enjoying a good season. He is in top tier in all qb metrics. I see some teams will bite as soon as the front office put the words out.

Back
Top Bottom