Should we play Tua this yr???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we play Tua this yr????

Dude's been playing ball for a minute... should know how to navigate a pocket when things go south ... not a baby lol ... if he is healthy he plays at some point ... if he is who we hope/think he is then he will win the job in TC and start day 1 ...

How do you know? What if he goes undefeated? ... still meaningless?

Capable of what? 5-11? If they were "very capable" we wouldn't need a QB at all

Coaching/playing "scared" isn't going to end well .... we didn't draft him to sit if healthy ... he plays just like the rest of the guys that are not in ideal situations ...

Is there a fan out there that would shrug it off if we were losing with Tua healthy but on the bench? Fans would want Flo's head on a stick regardless of the O-LINE .... and since this franchise hasn't solved the o-line problem in 20 years, regardless of the staff involved, what makes you or anyone feel comfortable it will happen now? Are we to sit Tua until everyone "feels" good about the o-line? that could be a minute.... let's roll
Lol. You people really think hes going to bring us a Superbowl next season? It's that easy huh? Lol. We went 5-11 last season because we had no Oline. No defense. No running game. You Put TUA on last seasons team he would have gotten crushed. You dont throw Rookies to the Wolves like that. No matter thier potential. You all better get off cloud 9 come back to earth. A first round QB doesnt garantee you anything. Especially one still rehabbing a serious injury.

Lol. You people really think hes going to bring us a Superbowl next season? It's that easy huh? Lol. We went 5-11 last season because we had no Oline. No defense. No running game. You Put TUA on last seasons team he would have gotten crushed. You dont throw Rookies to the Wolves like that. No matter thier potential. You all better get off cloud 9 come back to earth. A first round QB doesnt garantee you anything. Especially one still rehabbing a serious injury.

Don't know who "you people" are... I never said, implied or indicated (much less mentioned) the Super Bowl.... but I get your point

I simply stated the obvious other side of the coin .... "you people" can no more predict the future of this team and QB than the other set of "you people" can predict Tua's success ...

My point was simple ... If he is healthy he plays IMO ... try not to over think it or over react

You people are the ones in this thread who think TUA should already be imprinted on the ROH in the stadium.

Relax.

If hes healthy he plays? Fine because hes anything but healthy. Hip takes a long time to heal 100%. And 1 hit could break it. Sit him. This season is meaningless. We are building a foundation that's all.
Have some patience. TUA has what other QBs cant be taught. Next draft we have 2 first rounders again. We further build the team and address weaknesses. Hes gonna be ready.

Hope not. Being cleared to play and a full recovery are two different things. Sitting will be a big benefit for him, and I hope the FO does it as long as possible.

Besides, the Fins have Fitzmagic this year. He's fun to watch, great leader, and will absolutely get wins. I'm actually not convinced the Fins will win more with Tua this year. Let the talented kid learn the system then take off.

I see no reason to rush Tua onto the field. He should be given at least a year to fully recover from his serious hip surgery. The offensive line also needs to show that it is capable of protecting the franchise QB before he lines up behind it. I think it will likely take most of the season for the young offensive line to gel. Let Tua sit behind Fitzpatrick and Rosen while the offensive line hopefully comes together and his hip continues to heal.

The Dolphins are not a playoff team at this time so there is no reason to play Tua, especially early in the season. Perhaps over the last 3 or 4 games if he is ready and the hip is fully healed they can let him play if the offensive line has shown marked improvement. This should give him game experience going into the 2021 season and after another draft and free agency period they should be ready to contend for a playoff spot by 2021.

Dude's been playing ball for a minute... should know how to navigate a pocket when things go south ... not a baby lol ... if he is healthy he plays at some point ... if he is who we hope/think he is then he will win the job in TC and start day 1 ...

Coaching/playing "scared" isn't going to end well .... we didn't draft him to sit if healthy ... he plays just like the rest of the guys that are not in ideal situations ...

Is there a fan out there that would shrug it off if we were losing with Tua healthy but on the bench? Fans would want Flo's head on a stick regardless of the O-LINE .... and since this franchise hasn't solved the o-line problem in 20 years, regardless of the staff involved, what makes you or anyone feel comfortable it will happen now? Are we to sit Tua until everyone "feels" good about the o-line? that could be a minute.... let's roll
Exactly Westberry. Well said. I am atomically bonded to what you said. He's not an avocado that needs ripening. He played in a pro offense for a former NFL coach against the best teams in the country and KILLED IT at his job.

By all means lets make sure we've mega evaluated his health first. But at that point when he's deemed healthy and the O line isn't miscommunicating and picking up blitzes, let's get him out there. At that point if he gets hurt, he gets hurt. It's the NFL. Hits are going to happen and no waiting is going to prevent that. He's only the future if excels in the present once deemed healthy.

All of this is for not anyways as we'll be begging for him the first time Fitzmagic goes Fitztragic on us and chucks 4 ints.

Oh and for those bandying about Rosen's name as a starter before Tua:

Last edited:
If he is healthy we should at some point during this season.. I am looking at middle of November..

I think consensus is he'll play at some point and I agree . . . almost. The only way I don't see him playing is if, sans re-injury, RF is lighting it up and has Miami in the playoff hunt or, example, leading AFC-E. HCs are loathe to replace a hot hand. Even then, I'd expect TT to get some spot work.

Fans learned last year Flo WANTS TO WIN. PERIOD. He'll do whatever it takes to win. If RF shows he's not up to it, TT will start. With a caveat. I think RF starts until Flo is confident is his OL, UNLESS TT has an amazing camp. It's hard to beat out a vet in a judgement call. Not to difficult if the difference is glaring. My inclination is he sits at least til game 6 regardless how RF plays.

Why? It would be meaningless . We have 2 very capable QB's in Fitz and Rosen. This season is about building a foundation . TUA needs to rehab that hip. Get stronger. Learn that playbook. He can practice every weekend and become hopefully our franchise QB for the next 10-15 yrs. He goes out and gets hurt it will set him back, possibly ruin his confidence and then we have issues.

Where are the reports that his hip won't be ready?

Assuming he’s healthy...the next prerequisite would be the O-line becoming stable...if it’s not stable I would sit him.

You people are the ones in this thread who think TUA should already be imprinted on the ROH in the stadium.

Relax.

If hes healthy he plays? Fine because hes anything but healthy. Hip takes a long time to heal 100%. And 1 hit could break it. Sit him. This season is meaningless. We are building a foundation that's all.
Have some patience. TUA has what other QBs cant be taught. Next draft we have 2 first rounders again. We further build the team and address weaknesses. Hes gonna be ready.

One hit could break anyone's hip.

when he is ready physically and mentally you let him play. dont hold him out for **** and giggles. he needs tape for the offseason at the very least. i think he will be playing by week 6 or 7. He makes the team better.
He is ahead of guys like mahomes mentally at the same stage.
Im speaking from a coaches point of view. when the pup is ready you put them in. the only way to get better is under fire

I'd ask myself three questions before starting him:

1) Is he recovered fully enough to not jeopardize his long term prospects (yes I know there are no guarantees but that was a nasty injury and I don't rush him back)
2) Has he earned it on the practice field and in the QBs room
3) Has the OLine solidified to the point that it's not akin to human sacrifice to start a rookie

Back
Top Bottom