Should we play Tua this yr???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we play Tua this yr????

I think we need to stop using the oline as qualification of when he starts. Because the last 10 years + We’ve heard it’s the QB that makes an oline better or worse. If Tuas as great as some say, this should not be an issue. In the passed this was an excuse that wasn’t allowed,
now it is. WTF

There's no reason to put the kid out there if the oline is the dumpster fire it was last season. I would like to see some evidence that this team can produce at least a mediocre rushing attack and in obvious passing situations they can hold up for a couple of seconds.

From day one with this kid they have to be thinking of how to protect him. That's got to be a combination of a running game, pass protection, getting him to get rid of the ball, and getting him to go down before contact when scrambling. Flores does want to win games now but he is also very well aware of the fact that his future is tied to that of his franchise quarterback.

I think we need to stop using the oline as qualification of when he starts. Because the last 10 years + We’ve heard it’s the QB that makes an oline better or worse. If Tuas as great as some say, this should not be an issue. In the passed this was an excuse that wasn’t allowed,
now it is. WTF

Its one thing to throw the kid out there with a middling oline, another to ask him to survive with something that is historically bad. Last season the Dolphins had a line that was the worst in the league by a healthy margin. Most of us expect to see something better this season but if its not what do you gain from putting Tua out there? What would have been the point of playing Brady ahead of Fitzpatrick last season?

Its one thing to throw the kid out there with a middling oline, another to ask him to survive with something that is historically bad. Last season the Dolphins had a line that was the worst in the league by a healthy margin. Most of us expect to see something better this season but if its not what do you gain from putting Tua out there? What would have been the point of playing Brady ahead of Fitzpatrick last season?
It was okay to throw Rosen out there and what did we gain.
I’ve noticed posters from the past saying that this is an excuse, now there saying it’s a legitimate excuse.
The Dolphins oline has been historically bad for years and for years it’s been said it’s because of the QB.

Injury or not......give him a year to sit, watch and learn.

Injury or not......give him a year to sit, watch and learn.
Why? He just QB'ed the most pro offense in the best conference in football for a NFL coach and made opposing teams look silly because he did it so well. What learning he has to do is going to be learned on the field. Sure, make sure he's healthy and that we have a shot at keeping him safe O line wise but he needs to get out there as soon as he beats out Fitz in Flores' eye. Sitting him past that point whenever it is is just wasting time.

Why? He just QB'ed the most pro offense in the best conference in football for a NFL coach and made opposing teams look silly because he did it so well. What learning he has to do is going to be learned on the field. Sure, make sure he's healthy and that we have a shot at keeping him safe O line wise but he needs to get out there as soon as he beats out Fitz in Flores' eye. Sitting him past that point whenever it is is just wasting time.
Most QBs fail.

Giving them a minute has never hurt their development, while having them play too early often has.

One day, you guys will realize that all this. "now, now, now, now, now, I want it NNNNNNNNOOOOOOWWWWWWW" is one of the things that lead to this multiple decades long malaise of mediocrity.

Most QBs fail.

Giving them a minute has never hurt their development, while having them play too early often has.

One day, you guys will realize that all this. "now, now, now, now, now, I want it NNNNNNNNOOOOOOWWWWWWW" is one of the things that lead to this multiple decades long malaise of mediocrity.
Sure guy. Didn't seem to slow down Big Ben, Mike Vick or Mariotta too much. Peyton played day one and while the first year was bad, it didn't adversely impact him. My point is, that when he's beating out Fitzpatrick and has been deemed healthy, how does him waiting longer on the bench actually benefit Tua? We're not talking about some middling QB from the Mountain West that was a fifth round pick. We're talking about a QB that eviscerated teams in the best conference in college football with a pro offense for a former NFL coach. What does TUA have to learn from sitting on the bench? That's like making Bobby Fisher play tic tac toe. When he's healthy get him out there.

Sure guy. Didn't seem to slow down Big Ben, Mike Vick or Mariotta too much. Peyton played day one and while the first year was bad, it didn't adversely impact him. My point is, that when he's beating out Fitzpatrick and has been deemed healthy, how does him waiting longer on the bench actually benefit Tua? We're not talking about some middling QB from the Mountain West that was a fifth round pick. We're talking about a QB that eviscerated teams in the best conference in college football with a pro offense for a former NFL coach. What does TUA have to learn from sitting on the bench? That's like making Bobby Fisher play tic tac toe. When he's healthy get him out there.
I mean what are you actually arguing here?

That time too learn the game from the sideline is a detriment?
That most QB's don't fail?
That lots of QBs have NOT been overwhelmed?

The only reason you want him to play now, is because you are impatient.

Again, can playing too early hurt a QB's development? Yes. Can sitting a year hurt a QB's development? No.

now it is. WTF

I doubt the OL will be as bad as last year, but it is a consideration. There will likely be 4 new OLmen and, likely 2 rookies. That's a lot to digest and OL needs time to gel. Fact of life. As others have said, there's no rush to start him, regardless what would be 'ideal.' In the course of a career, sitting the first 8 games is a rounding error. How will C19 affect the summer? No one knows.. And throw in RF was playing magically the last 6-8 games. It will take an amazing camp to knock him of his spot. None of this means TT WON'T start game 1, but, IMO, it's more likely he sits awhile.

I mean what are you actually arguing here?

That time too learn the game from the sideline is a detriment?
That most QB's don't fail?
That lots of QBs have NOT been overwhelmed?

The only reason you want him to play now, is because you are impatient.

Again, can playing too early hurt a QB's development? Yes. Can sitting a year hurt a QB's development? No.
I just can't stand people arbitrarily just shouting he needs to sit for the sake of sitting. When he beats out Fits he should go in. If going in too early is going to mess him up we shouldn't have drafted him. He's run a pro style offense since he was a Freshman. You seem to keep glossing over this large fact.

I say play him. Get on with it. We may win ten games. A quarterback does make a huge difference in your chances every game. I say let him grow into it along side his team mates. Let them go through it all together.

I just can't stand people arbitrarily just shouting he needs to sit for the sake of sitting. When he beats out Fits he should go in. If going in too early is going to mess him up we shouldn't have drafted him. He's run a pro style offense since he was a Freshman. You seem to keep glossing over this large fact.
That's an absurd stance.

You act as if no QB would benefit from time and the ONLY good QBs are QBs that jump right in. It is not based in reality at all.

Again, this all comes down to your personal lack of patience.

That's an absurd stance.

You act as if no QB would benefit from time and the ONLY good QBs are QBs that jump right in. It is not based in reality at all.

Again, this all comes down to your personal lack of patience.
No one said he should be out there day one. The point is when he proves to Flores that he's the best Qb on the roster by beating the others out, he should go in. TO be honest, I seem to be happiest when our viewpoints don't align based on prior conversations. So the fact that you want him to wait simply proves I'm thinking correctly.

No one said he should be out there day one. The point is when he proves to Flores that he's the best Qb on the roster by beating the others out, he should go in. TO be honest, I seem to be happiest when our viewpoints don't align based on prior conversations. So the fact that you want him to wait simply proves I'm thinking correctly.

Considering how badly you asses/read/understand information right in front of you, I'm extremely happy about the bold.

Back
Top Bottom