Should Xavien be traded for draft capital? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Xavien be traded for draft capital?

I understand players should try to get as much money as possible because Miami will definitely cut bait the minute Howard starts slowing down. However he should cut Miami a break. Miami has stood by him with his injuries, already paying him despite being risky with his injury history, not to mention his arrest for his little domestic issue last year. Miami supported him throughout.

Yes... but it was worth it to call attention to the fact that your conclusion was based upon a faulty premise.
Kind of like your incessant name calling of Howard based on your faulty premise of what his contract demands are?

Kind of like your incessant name calling of Howard based on your faulty premise of what his contract demands are?
The fact that he held out when he was contractually obligated to attend... was enough to prove his lack of character.

Unless, you think a man's word is meaningless.

You are presenting speculation as fact.

None of us know what we might generate from an X trade, and it only takes one team to fall in love with the idea.

We should be listening to offers, judging them, asking for more... but this is no guarantee that we accept them.
Exactly. Just need 1 team. There's definitely a market for him.

I don't think we'd be opposed to giving him some type of bump but I am confident we won't provide a bump that puts us into cap hell long term. I believe it's a precedent we don't want to make but that we'd also like to keep a happy X on the team. If it starts to get dirty and becomes a media circus he'll be gone before the first pre-season game.

Exactly. Just need 1 team. There's definitely a market for him.
I think it will take a foolish or desperate team to pull the trigger on Howard.

We've seen what happens when teams overpay for a player in all of the Adams, Ramsey, and Tunsil situations. The team HAS to sign the guy after they've given up so much draft capital, so the player's agent puts the spurs to the new team.

A team might try to negotiate with Howard (with our permission) before they pull the trigger to keep their costs down, but if someone trades for X without a cap cost guarantee, they are nuts.

Absolutely not. Let him throw his hissy fit and hold out. He'll eventually realize losing millions for not playing isn't worth his holdout. His agent, who makes a percentage of that, will also remind him to get his butt on the field.

Really, the team holds all the leverage here. X will be playing come regular season and will ball out again if he wants to get more money.
You have the perfect qualification to work for Houston.

Last edited:
I keep laughing and reading about how x has no leverage now. But when I said that about mikah people argued against it and said we had to trade him. X doesn’t have much leverage but he has more than mikah had.

I keep laughing and reading about how x has no leverage now. But when I said that about mikah people argued against it and said we had to trade him. X doesn’t have much leverage but he has more than mikah had.
That's true, but leverage to force getting out, and leverage to demand a top pay, multiyear, high gaurantees contract are two different things.

Should Phins consider trading Xavien? Trying to replicate the Laremy experience.
I trade him if I can get serious draft capital. I love the idea of the Ramsey package.

The metrics on age, position and history (not including his character issues) clearly indicate he is at max value this year, declining afterward quickly.

I loved the idea of trading Mikah, a #1 pick (high pick at that) for a safety considering this issues this team had was a luxury.

X can go, we have depth and draft capital invested.

I think Grier and Flo are smart enough to make a good faith effort in trying to resolve this in a way that does not set bad precedence.

Howard's only leverage at this point is his attitude and effort. If he chooses to he can pretty much force his way out of Miami. Flo is not the type of coach to let that cancer in the locker room. They showed that with Mikah.

I think Grier and Flo are smart enough to make a good faith effort in trying to resolve this in a way that does not set bad precedence.

Howard's only leverage at this point is his attitude and effort. If he chooses to he can pretty much force his way out of Miami. Flo is not the type of coach to let that cancer in the locker room. They showed that with Mikah.
But in so doing, Howard will further damage his reputation within the NFL community. Most teams are quite reluctant to add this type of player. These high maintenance guys can just KILL a locker room unless you have a locker room full of these guys... the 70s Raiders were like this, the Cowboys of the past couple of decades... it takes a specific mindset to keep a whiny Prima Donna.

I still think that Dallas would be the most likely destination for X, Jones seems to like collecting malcontents. Maybe Arizona...

Tua wasn't churching out 95 yards passing for the entire game(s) either. The defense carried the team...Howard carried the defense.

Trade him...cut him. Hopefully, it shows who and what this team is about. Champs or chumps.
Uh huh.

Still doesn't address my point.

We were a laughing stock and our point differential was historically bad.

But I appreciate how you didn't miss a chance to criticize Tua with something that had nothing to do with him.

Let's try again. How many of our wins in 2019 was Howard in the lineup for?

So u don't dodge again, I will answer.

We went 0-5.
Gave up 190 points
Only scored 40 points.

Pretty sure Tua averaged more than 10 points per start.

His effort in a defense giving up 190 points in 5 games (38 ppg) got him top CB pay.

Please tell me how we go winless without him

In 2019 we went winless with him.

My bad, 2019 was tuas fault

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom