Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
If people are worried about his weight, I’d have to seriously question whether they watched Smith’s game footage. And of course they will say “I watched every snap of Smith”, but I’ll call BS on that too. No reasonable person could have watched him play at Alabama and thought his weight is a problem.
It wasn't in college..agreed.

Pitt's provides way more for the money, that's why we'll trade up to 4 to get Pitts. If Chase goes to Cinic and we don't trade up to 4 with Atlanta, Penei Sewell will be a Dolphin.

1619111218737.png

This isn’t a serious statistic. Very few NFL players play all 16 games on an annual basis. That has nothing to do with size.

Devante Parker is prototype size and has played all 16 games in 1 out of 6 seasons. Preston Williams is prototype size and is 0/2 so far. Julio Jones, huge receiver. He’s played all 16 games 4 times in 10 seasons. Mike Evans, huge receiver, has played all 16 games 3 times in 7 seasons. Keenan Allen, prototype size, has played all 16 games 3 times in 8 seasons.

Etc., etc., I could do this with 90% of the receivers in the league. Size has no correlation with durability at the WR position, and I’d love to see any actual, objective statistic showing otherwise.
Of course it's a serious statistic.

The problem is when someone tries to indicate a direct correlation to weight and injury with statistics like this. I certainly wasn't trying to do that as I stated it was impossible to tell if the injuries were related to the player's weight.

My personal opinion is that I think a player's weight matters to some degree, any athlete that is in a competitive sport requiring direct physical contact would probably benefit by being as big and strong as they could be without sacrificing abilities like speed and dexterity.

Its pretty hard to draw comparisons,

• Ginn missed at least 1 game due to injury in 7 out of 14 seasons
  • Jackson missed at least one game (and generally more than one) in 11 out of 13 seasons due to injury
  • Clayton missed at least 1 game due to injury in 7 out of 11 seasons

What's impossible to tell is if their weight had anything to do with the amount of games they couldn't play.
Exactly.

Football is a physical sport.

AJ Brown missed several games this year due to injury in only his second year.
Julio Jones has missed one game or more in 6 or 10 seasons.
Calvin Johnson missed one game or more in 5 out of 9 seasons and then retired b/c his body hurt so bad.
Mike Evans has missed one game in 4 out of 7 seasons.
Kittle has played less than 16 games in 3 out of his 4 seasons.

If Smith puts on 15-20lbs he's not gonna be the same player.
Thats kind of funny to me.

Tua goes to the gym and gets shredded easily putting on 15-20 pounds and everyone says he'll be WAY better. If Smith puts on 15-20 pounds he won't be the same player? Can he put on ANY weight and become better?

Those are all rhetorical questions....

Thats kind of funny to me.

Tua goes to the gym and gets shredded easily putting on 15-20 pounds and everyone says he'll be WAY better. If Smith puts on 15-20 pounds he won't be the same player? Can he put on ANY weight and become better?

Those are all rhetorical questions....
I just wonder why with the great Institution that is Alabama Crimson Tide Football..why is he still only 166lbs? Weird. Bad strength and conditioning program, maybe? Did the kid ever lift a weight or eat a PB&J sandwich?

It wasn't in college..agreed.
Still waiting to hear how it changes in the NFL.

If a corner can't press him despite being able to put up 225 18-19 times, how does that change in the NFL? Is there a magical cutoff where press starts working relative to a strength metric?

Still waiting to hear how it changes in the NFL.

If a corner can't press him despite being able to put up 225 18-19 times, how does that change in the NFL? Is there a magical cutoff where press starts working relative to a strength metric?

Are corners better in the NFL than most he faces in college, week in, week out?

Either way, Chase and Waddle are my preference for Pure WR's.

I just wonder why with the great Institution that is Alabama Crimson Tide Football..why is he still only 166lbs? Weird. Bad strength and conditioning program, maybe? Did the kid ever lift a weight or eat a PB&J sandwich?
Some people can not put on weight after they grow into there body. After I turned 20 my weight would go 170 to 178 tell I hit 40. I could eat 6 times a day anything I wanted and not put on weight. Half the time I’d workout hard other times work made it to where I couldn’t workout. No matter what I did my weight would stay the same. Some people just cant put on weight no matter what they do.

Back
Top Bottom