Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors)

I'm pretty certain that Nick Fitzgerald will be drafted. The combination of size, arm strength, and athleticism alone will get him drafted. I don't know what the deal is with the suspension but he had been viewed as a leader.

I didn't have to get very far in to see that Fitzgerald's velocity figures were right there with Justin Herbert's. Hell of an arm.

Devlin Hodges passed the late great Steve McNair this past weekend for the most career passing yards in the FCS. What an accomplishment for this kid. Well deserved.

I mentioned previously that we used to play this kid at Mortimer Jordan when they were in our region prior to our move up to 6A. I couldn't be happier for him and his family.

I was impressed with him when I really got down to watching him. But I think the bottom line will be that the arm talent isn't there.

Man I was so high on Falk. Kept screaming his name on our 2 4th round picks but obviously idk squat

Well you got him now.

Maybe he'll develop into a good backup for you. Those are important too.

What has always been interesting to me about Luke Falk is that he's been sold as the 'traits' guy, and yet Slimm I'd say that you're about as much of a traditionalist/traits guy at the QB position as anyone else I know, and you hate him (relatively speaking).

I mean it's easy and predictable for me to dislike him; you know I end up steering toward play-makers over the traditional traits/look.

But the fact that you sold on him, that was meaningful to me.

Yeah I don't hate the kid obviously, it's not his fault. If I hated anything it was just the unfair hype attached to him as a prospect. None of that is his fault. He played and produced and did what was asked of him. But the concussion issues also concerned me.

I don't hate any of these kids. Well, hang on....I hated Baker Mayfield. I literally didn't like his attitude or his judgment. That's rare. I don't care what he ever does in the NFL - I still don't like him.

Ryan Finley's receivers killed him against Clemson. He made 3 or 4 big time throws in that game....dropped. Receivers did a poor job of fighting for contested balls in traffic, but Finley's ball placement is always scatter shot. He played better than it looks on the stat sheet, but his weaknesses were also exposed.

Slimm do you have an opinion on why Easton Stick seems to miss low so often? When he's missing, that's how he's doing it.

Something to do with him rising up too high perhaps? He has a tendency to play on his toes.

Perhaps. Has to be something mechanical that's causing the nose of the football to be pointed downward - most likely due to releasing it too late in his throwing motion. Hard to say without looking specifically at the throws in question. My son had a little bit of the same issue which was corrected by getting his elbow up and getting him off his toes.

I'm more concerned about his field vision to be honest. He has plays that end up being good sometimes, but he's just not getting the ball out to wide open guys.

Should've included an example. This particular one was still catchable but it's part of a pattern of throwing low.

Some of what I initially thought was him not seeing open guys actually turned out to be him being greedy. You could see at least two times where he looks at a guy during his progression, definitely sees him open, but then if you pay a little closer attention to the down and distance and situation, what he's actually doing is deciding that the underneath option wasn't enough for him. He wants more.

Here's a good one, albeit on a scramble.

If you look closely he's got #85 wide open on the right sideline, looks right at him, even ****s it back, but then pulls the ball back down and goes for a much lower percentage pass deeper up the field (which he slightly underthrows and goes incomplete). He just made the decision that he wanted bigger game.

This is probably a little bit closer to what you're talking about:

Back
Top Bottom