Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Again I just don't see the point in taking a macro view of "the class" and then making a big decision based on that.

If you think Kyler Murray is a star quarterback, as I do, and you need a star quarterback, as the Dolphins do, then you go out and get him. That's it.

If you get frozen out and you don't think there's another star quarterback in the draft, then I get it. You build everything else. Do the best you can, when you can, with what you've got. But don't sit here and tell me, we've got to forget about Kyler Murray because there aren't enough other star quarterbacks in this draft along side Kyler Murray. How is that even relevant?

Kyler Murray is not staying at Oklahoma though. It's not an option. It's baseball or football. We'll see where that leads. He will have to make his choice in January because that's when the A's expect him to report.

Again I just don't see the point in taking a macro view of "the class" and then making a big decision based on that.

If you think Kyler Murray is a star quarterback, as I do, and you need a star quarterback, as the Dolphins do, then you go out and get him. That's it.

If you get frozen out and you don't think there's another star quarterback in the draft, then I get it. You build everything else. Do the best you can, when you can, with what you've got. But don't sit here and tell me, we've got to forget about Kyler Murray because there aren't enough other star quarterbacks in this draft along side Kyler Murray. How is that even relevant?

Kyler Murray is not staying at Oklahoma though. It's not an option. It's baseball or football. We'll see where that leads. He will have to make his choice in January because that's when the A's expect him to report.

I don’t think anyone is taking a “macro view”. I also would love for Kyler Murray to be a Miami Dolphin. I think he’s playing baseball so I’m not going to get a woody until he chooses football. Same goes for Haskins and Herbert. I’m operating on the assumption that my top 3 are not available.

He said exactly this in the interview with Teebow, I think I linked somewhere in this thread, right at the end of the chat Teebow asked him this exact question and he respond he would be playing pro baseball or football not returning, never was an option.

Murray informed Oklahoma before the season that he was playing one year and then off to play baseball. That's not really news. It was already known.

The only thing that's changed is the perception of him as a pro football prospect. Prior to him having such a great season this year, he didn't view the NFL as an option. MLB has to view you as an elite prospect in order to draft you in the top 10, and I think it was done to help prevent him from pursuing the NFL should the situation arise. I don't necessarily subscribe to all the talk from supposed NFL scouts that passed through Oklahoma early in the season and what they're saying. I sense there's a little bit of embellishment of facts and information regarding Murray.

I agree and don’t think anyone was saying to forget about Murray, Murray is well worth the booty of picks and I would welcome him to the Dolphins with a big smile on my face. I just don’t see him coming to the NFL and if he does I don’t see anyone wanting a trade down especially with the crapshoot of QBs after him.

That’s a massive pipe dream imo.

Last edited:
The curse lives on. Speak well of a guy, and he sh-ts the bed. Speak poorly, he has a great outing. I speak nicely of Cole McDonald, he puts up THAT performance last night. Dunno if he was injured.

Slimm, CK.. how would you describe Tyree Jackson's weight transfer/lower body mechanics? I'm trying to articulate it as if I were writing a report. I watched this game against Minnesota.

He throws from a wide base but it seems that his weight transfer takes a really long time. Is he overstriding with his front foot? Something also appears to be off once he transfers from back to front. In his follow through it seems like he lifts his back leg too high off the ground. I'm struggling to put this into words and describe the traits/mechanical aspect of it. But hhis lower body mechanics do not resemble any current NFL QB in my memory bank. What's going on with him? What is it that I'm seeing but struggling to put into words?

Trust your instincts, and the reason you asked the questions in the first place. Jackson doesn't remind you of anybody because he doesn't remind me of anybody and I can probably go back 25-30 years further.

Goofy frame. Goofy mechanics. Goofy facial expressions. Lots of goofy throws.

I'll volunteer to keep Ryan Tannehill for another 10 years if the alternative is Tyree Jackson

Feet like Frankenstein is the problem. I always feel that slow feet belie a slow mind when it comes to processing the field.

With his feet like that you'd have trouble believing he could be consistently accurate. And that's been exactly the case.

He's got tools. If he started moving his feet a whole lot better, suddenly you've got an alright prospect. But that's a big ask.

If Kyler Murray shreds Alabama this Saturday like Mayfield did to Georgia, is he pretty much the favorite to be the #1 pick this year if he chooses football?

He has a baseball background like Mahomes and comes from the same system/program as Mayfield, I have to imagine someone is going to have to mortgage a plunder of picks to get him (if Arizona remains at #1).

If Kyler Murray shreds Alabama this Saturday like Mayfield did to Georgia, is he pretty much the favorite to be the #1 pick this year if he chooses football?

He has a baseball background like Mahomes and comes from the same system/program as Mayfield, I have to imagine someone is going to have to mortgage a plunder of picks to get him (if Arizona remains at #1).

He’s not going to shred Alabama and I doubt he’ll be the consensus number one because he’s a dwarf but I enjoy his game and would love for him to be a Miami Dolphin. If he picks football he’s my second favorite player behind Williams from Alabama.

Herbert is going back to school. Takes him off the board and adds him to the loaded 2020 class.

At this point I'm leaning towards taking a mid round guy and sign a Bridgewater/Tyrod/Shane Falco to a 2 year deal and then go all in to draft our guy in 2020 (that is of course if we can't get Murray. If we can... im pushing all of our chips in)

Herbert is going back to school. Takes him off the board and adds him to the loaded 2020 class.

At this point I'm leaning towards taking a mid round guy and sign a Bridgewater/Tyrod/Shane Falco to a 2 year deal and then go all in to draft our guy in 2020 (that is of course if we can't get Murray. If we can... im pushing all of our chips in)

Sounded like from a few reports during the season that this was who the front office (at least Tannenbaum) really liked.

There was a report from Tony Pauline that Mike Tannenbaum watched Herbert play and had been gushing about him. But now Tannenbaum is out, and Herbert is staying in school, so...lol.

Incidentally Tyree Jackson just confirmed his eligibility to do a graduate transfer and play immediately for his new team. That sounds to me like he's staying in school and gonna try and get a better draft grade by playing at a bigger program against better competition.

Good for him.

It's also good news for Drew Anderson, who should be able to work out at the Buffalo Pro Day now.

Back
Top Bottom