Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Jordan Love completely fell off after the 1st quarter today.

I think LSU controlled the ball for over 40 min’s..

His team was overmatched..

Anyways, I missed Tuas speed of play this week...watching him function the position at warp speed is unlike anyone else in the game.

I think LSU controlled the ball for over 40 min’s..

His team was overmatched..

Anyways, I missed Tuas speed of play this week...watching him function the position at warp speed is unlike anyone else in the game.

I really liked Jordan Love and still do, but investing a 1st round pick in him is a risky proposition at this point.

For me it was a throwaway game for the most part.

If anything, it may have helped his stock in my view instead of hurt it. He made a throw at the beginning of the 3rd quarter down the right sideline with his receiver matched up against Derek Stingley (best CB in the country) that was incredible. The receiver dropped it. I saw several NFL caliber throws.

His team was overmatched and I don’t care about interceptions. You don’t take em with you.

We’ve seen these type games from Daniel Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Ben Roethlisberger, and a bunch more.

If evaluating QB’s was as easy as good game equals good prospect - bad game equals bad prospect anybody could do it.

Not at this point. Like all the potential top guys, I'd like to see him stay healthy and finish the season strong.

I think tackling and willingness to be physical are things you have to consider with Henderson - much like they were issues with Greedy Willians last year.

But Henderson has the best ball skills and is the best pure cover corner in the draft in my opinion. Okudah hasn’t quite developed the ball skills Henderson has - even though he was finally able to grab his first 3 career INT’s over the past few weeks.

When I look at a kid like Derek Stingley for LSU, I see the complete package of both. He’s going to be a great one.

In some ways, this game Jordan Love played against LSU was his best game of the year (not counting the FCS game they played).

I feel like I'm pretty hard on QBs when I do their individual games. It's a position that demands consistency and perfection. When I looked at Jordan Love's LSU game I saw very little he could've done differently, until they got to a point where they were being pasted on the scoreboard in someone else's house and thus it was time to take a few chances.

I was actually wary of this game because Love's discipline and decision-making were going to hell in a hand basket against Wake Forest and even San Diego State. But he came to Baton Rouge ready and willing to correct some of his mistakes and play quality football. That's meaningful. Even if ultimately the whole offense (including the coaching staff) was just thoroughly overwhelmed.

You did the same thing with Haskins and he’s terrible too :lol:

You also liked Haskins BTW and I doubt any QB would have excelled being inserted into the game down 24-3 with a horrible OL.

You also liked Haskins BTW and I doubt any QB would have excelled being inserted into the game down 24-3 with a horrible OL.

I'm just busting your chops - I do like Haskins. Although he did need another year of experience - or to just sit and learn for a year in the NFL. I felt that teams were just going to have to get lucky to find a franchise quarterback last year because the two best prospects were only 1 year starters. I stated these things many times.

But I flatly disagree with any assertion that Joe Burrow is a better NFL prospect than Jordan Love. And I like Joe Burrow. He gets it.

Maybe I am missing something but I see no sign of Jalen Hurts on senior or underclassmen list!!?? Or is that by design, Slim!!!?

For me it was a throwaway game for the most part.

If anything, it may have helped his stock in my view instead of hurt it. He made a throw at the beginning of the 3rd quarter down the right sideline with his receiver matched up against Derek Stingley (best CB in the country) that was incredible. The receiver dropped it. I saw several NFL caliber throws.

His team was overmatched and I don’t care about interceptions. You don’t take em with you.

We’ve seen these type games from Daniel Jones, Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Ben Roethlisberger, and a bunch more.

If evaluating QB’s was as easy as good game equals good prospect - bad game equals bad prospect anybody could do it.

Late reply, finally got around to watching the game. Sure those previous QBs had a bad game or two but this was another one by Love which makes three in a row not including Wake. Most QBs can make one or two NFL throws a game. He was 5 of 16 on passes over 5 yards past the LOS with three interceptions (1 under thrown, 2 bad decisions). He did have one dropped pass that would've been a TD but also had another int dropped. The same problems have persisted throughout the year although his pocket presence was better. Too many passes off his back foot. Under 5 yards he's money, beyond 5 yards there's major concerns.

Late reply, finally got around to watching the game. Sure those previous QBs had a bad game or two but this was another one by Love which makes three in a row not including Wake. Most QBs can make one or two NFL throws a game. He was 5 of 16 on passes over 5 yards past the LOS with three interceptions (1 under thrown, 2 bad decisions). He did have one dropped pass that would've been a TD but also had another int dropped. The same problems have persisted throughout the year although his pocket presence was better. Too many passes off his back foot. Under 5 yards he's money, beyond 5 yards there's major concerns.

Love has always been more of a short game high efficiency type quarterback. But he can throw the ball downfield too.

He’s lost basically everything around him from last year.

People act like the NFL is requiring a bunch of 35 yard lasers thrown into 6” windows or mad bombs like the days of Daryle Lamonica. It’s just not the case.

I promise you Jordan Love can play in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom