Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

I agree with that but if you have the number one pick you dont need a smokescreen. You just take who you want unless this FO is dumb enough to trade down and take the second best QB option. Which very well could be the case.

Right but you need a smokescreen if you intend to draft a BPA at #1 overall and take a quarterback with your next 1st rounder that you don't want to take #1 overall.

I wouldn't doubt for one second that this front office is dumb enough to do anything. I think Ross knows that too. Which is why I think he'll have a lot of input.

If Ross wants Tua I think he'll probably get him. The least football knowledged guy involved may have to make the rest look competent in the end.

Bottom line is this - these quarterbacks fall into two different categories. If they value raw size and a big arm that leaves points on the field in the mold of Tannehill - they'll be in the Herbert, Eason, Love camp. They just want the tools.

If they value intelligence, quick decision making, leadership, insane efficiency, accuracy, and a guy that doesn't leave points on the field - they'll be in the Tua/Fromm camp. They want to score.

There's going to be lots of disagreement between everyone. You're going to have people in both camps. Just the way it is when it comes to evaluating talent.

I agree with that but if you have the number one pick you dont need a smokescreen. You just take who you want unless this FO is dumb enough to trade down and take the second best QB option. Which very well could be the case.

They don't have the #1 overall pick yet. That's an important stipulation here.

Bottom line is this - these quarterbacks fall into two different categories. If they value raw size and a big arm that leaves points on the field in the mold of Tannehill - they'll be in the Herbert, Eason, Love camp. They just want the tools.

If they value intelligence, quick decision making, leadership, insane efficiency, accuracy, and a guy that doesn't leave points on the field - they'll be in the Tua/Fromm camp. They want to score.

There's going to be lots of disagreement between everyone. You're going to have people in both camps. Just the way it is when it comes to evaluating talent.

Barry Jackson has said all along they are looking for elite qb play. Whatever that means in a college prospect.

Sounds to me like generational talent

Can anyone say with certainty who has connections that if Miami gets the top pick and tua comes out that he will be the pick?

I’d sure like to hear it.

Barry Jackson has said all along they are looking for elite qb play. Whatever that means in a college prospect.

Sounds to me like generational talent

If they don't see elite QB play with Tua then there's no point in 'em looking anywhere else.

Even if the Dolphins view Tua Tagovailoa as a generational talent, they're not going to admit that until after they draft him. In fact they'll go out of their way to gainsay it.

They're taking on water from all sides with this tanking thing. People are saying, and truly believe, that Miami destroyed its 2019 roster (and may even be coaching) to lose games because they want Tua Tagovailoa. Miami has to fight against that by saying Tua's not worth doing all that for...right now, until they draft him. Once they draft him, and especially once he starts showing positive signals, that's when you'll see the leaks about how they viewed him as a generational talent.

Even if the Dolphins view Tua Tagovailoa as a generational talent, they're not going to admit that until after they draft him. In fact they'll go out of their way to gainsay it.

They're taking on water from all sides with this tanking thing. People are saying, and truly believe, that Miami destroyed its 2019 roster (and may even be coaching) to lose games because they want Tua Tagovailoa. Miami has to fight against that by saying Tua's not worth doing all that for...right now, until they draft him. Once they draft him, and especially once he starts showing positive signals, that's when you'll see the leaks about how they viewed him as a generational talent.

Exactly. If I were Dolphins GM I'd have stuff being put out there daily how questionable we view him.

Can anyone say with certainty who has connections that if Miami gets the top pick and tua comes out that he will be the pick?

I’d sure like to hear it.

I have a professional scout (not Miami) telling me that Miami's top QB is Herbert, not Tua. Then you have Tony Pauline all but saying that Miami's scouts like Jordan Love the most. Rich Eisen says that he heard Chris Grier and the Dolphins have had a humongous hard-on for Tua going all the way back to when he came into the National Championship Game in January 2018.

This in itself is telling.

The Dolphins will not admit this publicly, but Chris Grier was watching that Alabama-Ole Miss game in person.

Spot on.

By the way, what I have privately, from a source we trust within the Dolphins front office, is more than suggestive toward Tua Tagovailoa. For whatever that's worth. The left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing but let's just say they've recently had to have a gear-switch because of how awful Miami has turned out to be. That COULD be a potential source of the confusion coming out of the people in Miami's orbit who think they're onto Herbert/Love.

By the way, what I have privately, from a source we trust within the Dolphins front office, is more than suggestive toward Tua Tagovailoa. For whatever that's worth. The left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing but let's just say they've recently had to have a gear-switch because of how awful Miami has turned out to be. That COULD be a potential source of the confusion coming out of the people in Miami's orbit who think they're onto Herbert/Love.

Can you elaborate? They didn't think they were bad enough to be Tua range?

I have a professional scout (not Miami) telling me that Miami's top QB is Herbert, not Tua. Then you have Tony Pauline all but saying that Miami's scouts like Jordan Love the most. Rich Eisen says that he heard Chris Grier and the Dolphins have had a humongous hard-on for Tua going all the way back to when he came into the National Championship Game in January 2018.

This in itself is telling.

The Dolphins will not admit this publicly, but Chris Grier was watching that Alabama-Ole Miss game in person.

I heard that about the national champ game also and Ross. But he only played what the second half in that game. Just doesn’t seem like enough sample size as a first game starter that game to be all in at that time. A half of football

Hasn’t mondo stated multiple times that tua is the guy?

Back
Top Bottom