Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

If you end up with the 2nd pick or for some reason you don't get Tua you have to be extremely careful drafting because as long as Bill Belichick is in our division we will have to gear this team not only to be a good team but a team designed to beat him (getting your hands on a top 5 NFL QB)...settling for Fromm if Fromm doesn't have a chance to develop into a top 5 QB in this league may not be the way to go? The when and how we get our hands on a top 5 QB I don't know, but it has to go into the decision making. Build a team, then buy one in the future with 3-1st round picks....I really don't know. What ever it takes to take the division back from New England, not what QB looks best right in front of us at the time.

The thing I don't quite understand is where all this talk came from that Jake Fromm can't be a top 5 quarterback in the NFL.

I'm the guy that does all the studies on arm strength and yet I'm the one trying to tell everyone to stop linking the concept of a player's "ceiling" so explicitly to that one attribute.

Besides, a guy that can make this throw, has a hell of an arm, and can easily make it as a starter in the NFL.

I know this team is absolutely dreadful. Worst point differential through 4 weeks in NFL history. But there are 6 winless teams at the moment. Our chances of getting the first pick have gone down since the beginning of the season IMO. It just takes one of these teams to catch the injury bug at critical positions for us to get knocked out of this. With that said, I really hope they don't see Herbert as the consolation prize. That's gonna be a kick in the sack. I would go Fromm before Herbert.

I don't know if Fromm can be a top 5 quarterback in the NFL, but I certainly believe he can be a top 10 quarterback.

I just think the staff the Dolphins have are going to really like Fromm and they're going to value his ability to take charge of the protections and know what he's doing up there at the LOS. That's why he was able to beat out Eason, who still doesn't quite have that autonomy at the LOS at Washington.

Put this kid in the right situation and he's going to excel and be a good one.

I know this. Jake Fromm is the only guy out there throwing with anticipation as often as Tua Tagovailoa. He's the only guy out there throwing with the sort of accuracy and placement you see from Tua Tagovailoa.

The big difference is the feet, and it's a significant difference. It's why Tua deserves the #1 spot.

But it would surprise me none if these two QBs continue their rivalry into the NFL.

It's much easier for me to see Tua as a top 3-5 then it is Formm as a top 10 NFL QB, I don't watch a lot of college ball.

Alabama operating at an extremely high level, realize they have the players but it's Tua that makes it all come together.

It's much easier for me to see Tua as a top 3-5 then it is Formm as a top 10 NFL QB, I don't watch a lot of college ball.

Alabama operating at an extremely high level, realize they have the players but it's Tua that makes it all come together.
Fromm is real deal. He is held back by a HC who is defensive minded and antiquated and an OC who is hardly qualified.

I don't know if Fromm can be a top 5 quarterback in the NFL, but I certainly believe he can be a top 10 quarterback.

I just think the staff the Dolphins have are going to really like Fromm and they're going to value his ability to take charge of the protections and know what he's doing up there at the LOS. That's why he was able to beat out Eason, who still doesn't quite have that autonomy at the LOS at Washington.

Put this kid in the right situation and he's going to excel and be a good one.
If Fromm projection is top 10 NFL QB- I agree- we run to podium with Pick#2 assuming Tua gone.
There is NO trade down and don’t mess with it.
Hopeful for Tua. Fromm and his high floor / moderately high ceiling is a good consolation.

Tony Pauline and the miller guy seem to think miamis qb target is Jordan love at #1.

Say Miami loves him

Tony Pauline and the miller guy seem to think miamis qb target is Jordan love at #1.

Say Miami loves him

I don't think there is enough alcohol to deal with a move like that.

I like Love, but number 1 over Tua...I think I would just stick to college football going forward.

I don't think there is enough alcohol to deal with a move like that.

I like Love, but number 1 over Tua...I think I would just stick to college football going forward.

B jack dropped something earlier that Miami doesn’t see tua as a generational talent.

That makes me nervous

B jack dropped something earlier that Miami doesn’t see tua as a generational talent.

That makes me nervous

I hope Miami sees it that way.

But it'll be hard to figure out what direction they really want to go if they're any good at smokescreens. They won't be as obvious and visible for the guy they really like.
They've been pretty obvious and visible showing up to watch Tua and Herbert, but you haven't really heard anything with Fromm yet. That's another reason I think he's the guy.

However, you don't really have to see a QB as a generational talent to take him #1 overall. You just have to see him as the best among the QB's in the draft. Generational talents don't come along very often - not nearly as often as QB's are taken #1 overall.

That makes me nervous

It does because the gap between Tua and the rest of the field is very noticeable. IF they did all of this and it is not for Tua. I'm really at a loss.

I hope Miami sees it that way.

But it'll be hard to figure out what direction they really want to go if they're any good at smokescreens. They won't be as obvious and visible for the guy they really like.
They've been pretty obvious and visible showing up to watch Tua and Herbert, but you haven't really heard anything with Fromm yet. That's another reason I think he's the guy.

However, you don't really have to see a QB as a generational talent to take him #1 overall. You just have to see him as the best among the QB's in the draft. Generational talents don't come along very often - not nearly as often as QB's are taken #1 overall.

I agree with that but if you have the number one pick you dont need a smokescreen. You just take who you want unless this FO is dumb enough to trade down and take the second best QB option. Which very well could be the case.

Back
Top Bottom