Smith versus Waddle | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

I felt the same but watching Alabama's first 4 games of the season left me conflicted. Smith was good but Waddle was a level above. It's whether you can get Waddle from being a 5 catch to an 8+ catch a game guy. Smith is probably a safer bet but I can't help but think about what Waddle could achieve if you can get his hands on the ball.

If Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 it's because he was told to by Bill Walsh. Rice was low 4.4 all day long.

Question is, is Devonta Smith the best non-quarterback in the draft?
I would have Sewell as the highest rated non QB.

Parsons would be ahead of him as well.

I have Chase ahead of him at WR in fact.

Only those 3? Damn you must have ran out of players that didn't play this year to put above him.
Well if Sewell is the best OT prospect in some time, Parsons is also said to be one of the better LB'er prospects in years and Chase? Well I guess that argument is he is stronger and more physical. I mean Smith is now being listed as a top 5 prospect by Kiper and McShay, what else do you want? Pretty good for a guy with the frame he has I would say. But yeah it is basically being said that he is the best non - QB prospect that actually played collegiate football this year. Give me any of the four and how could you complain? A couple of these guys could make the HOF.

I wouldn't have Parsons or Chase over Devonta Smith.

I'd have a tough time thinking about Penei Sewell. He's been special for multiple years, at a premium position. Tough call. What would help my quarterback more?

Well if Sewell is the best OT prospect in some time, Parsons is also said to be one of the better LB'er prospects in years and Chase? Well I guess that argument is he is stronger and more physical. I mean Smith is now being listed as a top 5 prospect by Kiper and McShay, what else do you want? Pretty good for a guy with the frame he has I would say. But yeah it is basically being said that he is the best non - QB prospect that actually played collegiate football this year. Give me any of the four and how could you complain? A couple of these guys could make the HOF.
I've mentioned this a few times...

Sewell is the unquestioned top tackle in the draft. No sane individual places any of the other Tackles in his tier.
Parsons is the unquestioned top Linebacker.

This isn't the case with the WRs. There are 3-5 who are mentioned as being on top, depending on which service or tout you trust. They are all in, more or less, the same tier... and that's the main reason there is no hurry to take one.

Sewell is the unquestioned top tackle in the draft. No sane individual places any of the other Tackles in his tier.

This isn't the case with the WRs. There are 3-5 who are mentioned as being on top, depending on which service or tout you trust. They are all in, more or less, the same tier... and that's the main reason there is no hurry to take one.

I wouldn't say Parsons is the unquestioned top linebacker, with the more physically impressive Zaven Collins lurking right behind him and having literally just won the Nagurski Award for nation's top defensive player.

WR is a premium position. LB is not and LT is below WR in my opinion. We already spent a first rounder on a LT last year. Are we going to take Sewell at 3 and leave him at LT which is the value of a RT with Tua at QB or do you make a position change with the top three pick and put Sewell at RT?

Id much prefer to take the best WR on our Board at 3 or later if we trade down and get a right tackle later in a deep tackle class.

Remember skilled position players are our NUMBER ONE need. Our defense is number one in scoring defense. Sure Id love a great middle LB but its not moving the needle more than a legit number 1 WR on this team.

I wouldn't say Parsons is the unquestioned top linebacker, with the more physically impressive Zaven Collins lurking right behind him and having literally just won the Nagurski Award for nation's top defensive player.
Yes... he played this year.

He's #2, but I have not seen a single scout claim that he was as good as Parsons. Have you?

Back
Top Bottom