Smith versus Waddle | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith versus Waddle

Yes... he played this year.

He's #2, but I have not seen a single scout claim that he was as good as Parsons. Have you?

How many have you talked to?

I've talked to two about Collins. Neither are done with their evaluations. But one of them referred to Collins as this year's Ezekiel Ansah...who went #5 overall. Just sayin.

WR is a premium position. LB is not and LT is below WR in my opinion. We already spent a first rounder on a LT last year. Are we going to take Sewell at 3 and leave him at LT which is the value of a RT with Tua at QB or do you make a position change with the top three pick and put Sewell at RT?

Id much prefer to take the best WR on our Board at 3 or later if we trade down and get a right tackle later in a deep tackle class.

Remember skilled position players are our NUMBER ONE need. Our defense is number one in scoring defense. Sure Id love a great middle LB but its not moving the needle more than a legit number 1 WR.
Well... I completely disagree with you on WRs being more important than Tackles, so I guess that I'd start there...

...and the LT to RT change is fairly common within the NFL and most players have played both anyway. Sewell did in HS.

I have some more Tackles that I like and I've spent a lot of time on that because I do not believe that Robert Hunt has the feet to play Tackle... much less blindside Tackle.

I'm going to protect my QB before I do anything else, especially when I have a smallish QB who's been injured before. YOU may see getting offensive weapons are our number one need. I don't. I see protecting our investment as our number one need. If this means that I get Marshall and Olave instead of Chase or Smith, I'm going to do that.

If someone makes me a 3 #1 pick offer... then I'll take that, but they are going to have to Tunsil overpay before I do it.

How many have you talked to?

I've talked to two about Collins. Neither are done with their evaluations. But one of them referred to Collins as this year's Ezekiel Ansah...who went #5 overall. Just sayin.
Well, there are always outliers... I'll watch the boards, and I guess we'll see on draft day.

What "boards"?

If you're talking about media draft boards, what do they have to do with what the scouts say?
Oh lord... are you trying to differentiate which scouts are real scout from which ones aren't? Really?

Oh lord... are you trying to differentiate which scouts are real scout from which ones aren't? Really?

Differentiate?

Scouting is a profession. Scouts work for professional teams or scouting services that provide information to professional teams.

Looking at the latest Mel Kiper, Mike McShay, or Pro Football Focus ranking, and then referring to them as "scout boards" is just dumb.

Differentiate?

Scouting is a profession. Scouts work for professional teams or scouting services that provide information to professional teams.

Looking at the latest Mel Kiper, Mike McShay, or Pro Football Focus ranking, and then referring to them as "scout boards" is just dumb.
LOL... K

You have not changed over the years, I see.

Have a nice day CK.

Freaking AJ Terrell. That close to No.3.

Falcons play Tampa next week. Not sure if they have anything to play for, would make sense to get Brady a week off. Maybe there’s a chance? Matt Ryan goes out with a win before being traded to SF.
Many of the SF fans I know want Wilson. I assume the Jets would take him at #2, but NY could get a Killer deal if they want to trade down.

I haven't really paid much attention to college quarterbacks this year. Would a team trade up to #3 for Fields?

No one in our FO will consider a RB in the first unless we go on a playoff run, which would the. Likely require Myles Gaskin to go off.

RB not in play at 1b as far as I’m concerned.

We need upgrades on D and at C too much.

I’d assume that’s a more likely outcome in 2022 than 2021.
If Miami's pick ends up closer to 30, I could see a running back. I don't think many would object at #35 in round two, assuming that's where it falls.

But, yes, generally I agree with you. I'd prioritize on rebuilding the wide receiver unit.

Last edited:
I think that Bateman with our 1b is a VERY realistic scenario.
I would like to see Miami draft a bigger, physical receiver somewhere in the draft.

The offense has fallen off significantly since injuries to Parker and Williams. Unfortunately, both of those players have missed time with injuries. Parker has gutted it out most of the season.

Bottom line, get a player like a Parker. Bateman, Marshall at 1b, Surratt around 2b, Ross maybe. That type.

I like Williams, but I'd consider him a bonus if he plays. Have to account for Parker being injured and perhaps prepare to replace him.

If we are trying to figure out who would take Waddle.....

Giants at 8, Panthers at 9, Pats at 15, Washington at 19, those four teams are surrounded by teams who’ve recently made big investments at WR.

3 of 4 of those teams have no QB of the future. Giants need to get Daniel Jones big time help at WR you’d suspect. Wouldn’t be crushed if Allen Robinson ended up signing there but Devonta Smith might be heading to NYG.

I don’t know where Carolina is heading as a franchise. Matt Rhule has that monster contract and some job security so stick piling assets and talent of any kind might be the only play at 9.

Pats have no direction at all. It’s nice to see that. Belichek could be swayed by taking the talented Waddle but then what....

Washington might stick with Alex Smith for another year, they appear to be in purgatory. If they want to talk Chase Young, I’ll talk trade down.

I guess a lot will boil down to when he can run for scouts. It want too long ago that Waddle was the player we couldn’t missed out on.

I’d a big fan of value.
I'm actually a little surprised at how bad the Patriots are, especially at quarterback. Cam Newton looks done.

They badly need a quarterback and could be a team that looks to trade up. Although traditionally they have found some talent there later such as Jimmy Garoppolo etc.

No question NE needs receivers as well.

I'm actually a little surprised at how bad the Patriots are, especially at quarterback. Cam Newton looks done.

They badly need a quarterback and could be a team that looks to trade up. Although traditionally they have found some talent there later such as Jimmy Garoppolo etc.

No question NE needs receivers and well.
I keep hearing that Detroit might be convinced to part with Stafford... if Belly gets Stafford, I'm going to worry.

WR is a premium position. LB is not and LT is below WR in my opinion. We already spent a first rounder on a LT last year. Are we going to take Sewell at 3 and leave him at LT which is the value of a RT with Tua at QB or do you make a position change with the top three pick and put Sewell at RT?

Id much prefer to take the best WR on our Board at 3 or later if we trade down and get a right tackle later in a deep tackle class.

Remember skilled position players are our NUMBER ONE need. Our defense is number one in scoring defense. Sure Id love a great middle LB but its not moving the needle more than a legit number 1 WR on this team.
I will say I think a wide receiver like Smith, Chase or Waddle would move the needle the most for Miami.

For one, wide receiver is a glaring need and all three of these players have a chance to be really good and potentially elite.

I keep hearing that Detroit might be convinced to part with Stafford... if Belly gets Stafford, I'm going to worry.
That would be interesting. Personally, I've always liked Stafford. I could see Detroit moving on, though.

From the Patriots standpoint, they've kind of committed the Cardinal sin. Not having a quarterback ready to replace Tom Brady.

They are sitting in a little bit of a tough spot, depending on how many quarterbacks in this draft can actually help them.

Back
Top Bottom