So let me understand this? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

I mean I view Landry as a vital piece to the Gase offense and to Ryan Tannehill . . . not the rest of the league. Statistically he is a top 10 WR so if you are taking stats and then taking importance to the offense . . . I think he has more than proven his worth, especially to this team.

People keep saying he is limited . . . so are we saying in a game where 85% of the offensive plays happen inside of a 10 yard box, we shouldn't reward the guy who works that box as good as anybody in the NFL? We should reward the guy who is a factor on those other 15% plays and that player automatically qualifies as a top 10 WR because of that skillset while the other guys does not?

I just don't feel that way. I get the consensus will go against me but the undervaluing of Jarvis Landry is borderline criminal around here. Like I said earlier on a team full of supposed talent at the skill positions . . . he was the consistent threat in the redzone that made the play to put points on the board.

To think he is some replaceable piece is just shortsighted but I get that the team has other needs and smart decisions need to be made. He is priority 1 on my list.
The logic that 85% on the plays happen in a 10 yard box and that Landry excels in that box is correct. I agree there is value in that. But premium contracts should go to players who have the ability to stretch that box. I mean this is why wide outs are being paid more than slot guys. I might sound like I don't like Landry, which isnt the case at all. What we have here is a good player asking for a premium contract. I've pretty much said everything I had to say on the subject. One last thing, I think this offense might benifit more from a good TE than keeping on force feeding Landry 160 targets per season...

Yards per snap numbers. Stills is higher the one year he played with Brees. So Landry plays more (usually), plays special teams, and has more yards per snap. They are both good players but I don't know how you can say Stills is clearly better.

Landry 0.99
Stills 0.98
Parker 0.90
Caroo 0.48
Grant 0.68

Landry 1.27
Stills 0.91
Parker 1.01
Caroo 0.24
Grant 0.00

Landry 1.33
Stills 0.74

Landry 1.11
Stills* 1.51

Last edited:
So who does Miami lineup at WR? Parker? Carroo? Grant? No one developed enough to lose Landry. The offense already sucks, now you remove the offensive MVP?

Grant is definitely developing. Stills is our best WR period. Parker has a chance to come around. We can't keep a guy like Landry out of desperation anyways. That's a recipe for disaster

Grant is definitely developing. Stills is our best WR period. Parker has a chance to come around. We can't keep a guy like Landry out of desperation anyways. That's a recipe for disaster
Parker anf Tannehill, waiting for them to come around is the exact issue this team has

A winning season. A 93 passes rating. Playoffs... His best season in the first year of an offense. Me thinks gase and tannehill are perfect together.

And i think you guys are way too impatient and already made your mind up beforehand

Came around to what exactly?
He had 2-3 good games in 2016. We were 10-6 because of a run game and a healthy LT in Albert,Tunsil , Pouncey, Bushrod and James

LT is a problems too on this team. The Bills and Jags, in the playoffs, had a rookie LT, both got in the 2nd round

A winning season. A 93 passes rating. Playoffs... His best season in the first year of an offense. Me thinks gase and tannehill are perfect together.
Curious. Why did Tannehill crumble against the Ravens?

Curious. Why did Tannehill crumble against the Ravens?
The entire team was bad that game. Every QB has a bad game once in a while. Give the guy a break.

You guys don't give tannehill any credit whatsoever. I'm done here

The entire team was bad that game. Every QB has a bad game once in a while. Give the guy a break
A break? 6 years is a long break. That game was a microcosm of the problem w Tannehill.

And i think you guys are way too impatient and already made your mind up beforehand

But what is he? He was always considered average, the debate has always been is average good enough. Or are you saying he's something other than average now?

Back
Top Bottom