Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of next years drafts top talent is opting out

If you think there is such a thing as "normal"names then your bias is showing.The vast majority of humans do not have names like Bob, Tony or Steve.

It does not make you a bad guy, or a racist.

We all have our biases, it is good to be aware of them.

With all these opt outs what games will feature the most college talent today that could help miami and be possible targets?

In other words I don’t think I need to look at left tackles if you know what I mean. Etc.

if you are looking for future NFL players your best bets are still Clemson, Ohio State and Bama for sheer number of prospects.

Georgia usually is pretty stacked, along with Oklahoma.

if you are looking for future NFL players your best bets are still Clemson, Ohio State and Bama for sheer number of prospects.

Georgia usually is pretty stacked, along with Oklahoma.
Watching Oklahoma. Mims freshman WR looks legit. Will be fun to watch for a couple years.

With all these opt outs what games will feature the most college talent today that could help miami and be possible targets?

In other words I don’t think I need to look at left tackles if you know what I mean. Etc.
I'm more curious how to evaluate players who opt out to those that don't. For example Freiermuth. Someone I had high hopes Miami would target. Does he lose ground by not playing? I'd love for Miami to grab him in the second.

FO will have to watch tape from 2019 in order to draft a player in 2021. The combine will go a long way with some of those players. Probably more than ever since some didn't play this year and other are not play a full schedule.

Oregon Safety Jevon Holland opting out of 2020 season. Will declare for 2021 NFL Draft. This kid is a real game changer. One of my favorite players for 2021.

North Dakota State QB, Trey Lance declares for 2021 NFL Draft. Some have him rated as the #2 QB in the draft.

Syracuse Safety Andre Cisco has opted out of the remainder of the season and has Declared for the 2021 draft. He's a ball hawk but lacks in the tackling dept.

I'm more curious how to evaluate players who opt out to those that don't. For example Freiermuth. Someone I had high hopes Miami would target. Does he lose ground by not playing? I'd love for Miami to grab him in the second.

I think most lose ground - other than Parsons and Chase. There's definitely more doubt about Rousseau now, only having one year of production. Freiermuth has dipped below Kyle Pitts already. It's a big risk for all of these guys, missing out on a year of development.

How all these guys get treated by the Draft process is going to have a big impact on the future of College Football.

If they go as high as they were expected and not "punished" for sitting out you may see players do it after their SOPH year just to avoid injury that could hurt their Draft stock.

As I have said before, I think there is a burgeoning industry in Draft Prep for players who decide to skip their final year of NCAA bondage and get ready for the NFL.

I have no idea why that last sentence is BOLD. ??????????????? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom