Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

Tell that to the Detroit Lions who went 0-16 in 2008 and since then (10 seasons) went 3 times to the playoffs jut to be kicked out in the wild card games.
Tell that to the Cleveland Browns who went 0-16 in 2017 and went 7-8-1 in 2018 and are currently 2-5 with a much better roster than we have.

But, and I am starting to believe this, we have a MUCH better coaching staff.

Flores is giving me faith that we will rebuild this thing the right way.

Except it’s not. Going 0-16 has never propelled a team to a Super Bowl. Not once. In 3 years we are going look like Cleveland does this year: overhyped from all the picks and money, and still just a loser franchise with a loser culture going nowhere.
So are you saying if Jimmy Johnson's 1989 team hadn't beaten the Redskins in a meaningless game to win one game that they wouldn't have won any titles (no other team won less than 3 that year)? Are you really saying that whether we ever are successful under Flores depends on whether we win 1 game instead of 0?

We played excellent in the 1st quarter and ok in the 2nd until that 3rd and 20. This team is too young and inexperienced to turn the momentum back. We saw it last week against Buffalo after Fitz threw that INT during that 10 min drive. We saw it today when the 3rd and 20 right before the half turned the momentum completely.

Considering the **** shows we have presented in prime time over the last few years it was not an awful game considering we play with a bunch of young guys.

It would have been nice to go into Jets week with a win but next week is a must win and we will do it.

Lol, No don't want to talk about Gase?
I’ve never said Gase is a good coach, but pretending like Flores has a monopoly on teams that play hard is a load of crap. That Gase team scraped and clawed its way to the playoffs coming off an embarrassing season that got Philbin fired.

But, and I am starting to believe this, we have a MUCH better coaching staff.

Flores is giving me faith that we will rebuild this thing the right way.
I am not arguing against Flores. He will do as well of a job with a 1-15 or 2-14 record. My point was that 0-16 doesn't guarantee anything.

So are you saying if Jimmy Johnson's 1989 team hadn't beaten the Redskins in a meaningless game to win one game that they wouldn't have won any titles (no other team won less than 3 that year)? Are you really saying that whether we ever are successful under Flores depends on whether we win 1 game instead of 0?
A worthwhile coach will find a way to win at least one game.

I root for the team to win because that is what I believe the players and coaching staff are trying to do they just can’t. I also know my rooting interests have no affect on the outcome of the game and the chips are going to fall as they may. I do not get upset when we lose because I also want the top pick. These fire everybody takes when we all now the team lacks talent are ludicrous and I wish the mods would delete them.

How are the Browns doing? Because that’s essentially whose blueprint you want us to emulate.
Love how you point to one team whose future isn't even decided yet. We factually know that the Cowboys went from the worst team in the league to back-to-back super bowl champions in five years. And if you are comparing starting points, the Cowboys situation is more similar. They did it with a bulk of picks in a short period. The Browns didn't have a bulk of picks, they just had early ones.

Love how you point to one team whose future isn't even decided yet. We factually know that the Cowboys went from the worst team in the league to back-to-back super bowl champions in five years. And if you are comparing starting points, the Cowboys situation is more similar. They did it with a bulk of picks in a short period. The Browns didn't have a bulk of picks, they just had early ones.

The Cowboys built that team before the NFL adopted free agency. It is a different league now. No recent champion has gone from tanking level being horrible to winning the Super Bowl.

A worthwhile coach will find a way to win at least one game.
John McKay didn't at Tampa Bay. And four years later he was in the NFC championship game. Also went 127-40-8 at USC and is in the college football hall of fame as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom