Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

It's fascinating how people see two vastly opposite things in Flores.

When I see coaches like Adam Gase, Freddie Kitchens, or Dan Quinn, with vastly superior rosters and compare them to what Flores is doing with what he has, I am confident he can turn things around.

I love how Flo preaches the fundamentals. I can see him transforming us into a hard-nosed football team. And a team that isnt afraid to take risks.

Give the man some time, give him some talent. We will see results.

We have to remember, he is learning too. **** will get cleaned up. Flo isnt like the last guy we had in here that thought he was the smartest guy in the room and threw everyone under the bus except himself.

The second quarter of the season is coming to a close. Ive seen improvement, no, not great strides, not a complete 180 turn around, but steps in the right direction.

Guys, this team is going to be great again, I can feel it.

Trust the process.

The Cowboys built that team before the NFL adopted free agency. It is a different league now. No recent champion has gone from tanking level being horrible to winning the Super Bowl.
Cool....so in your sample space of two teams, one of which was winless 11 years ago and one 2 years ago, neither has won a title.

And the Colts did go from tanking level to winning a Super Bowl.....and that was AFTER free agency started.

John McKay didn't at Tampa Bay. And four years later he was in the NFC championship game. Also went 127-40-8 at USC and is in the college football hall of fame as a coach.
So your defense of this is a guy who went 44-88-1 in his NFL career because he had one flash in the pan season (which was all of a 10-6 record and one of only two winning seasons in 9 years)? Being a good college coach is irrelevant. He was **** in the NFL.

Last edited:
We literally have no NFL talent on the roster or on the sideline. It’s impossible to build a team from the ground up by jettisoning all of your young talent. Everyone was fellating Cleveland’s attempt to do what we are attempting heading into this season, but those losers are 2-5.

Cleveland's issue isn't talent. Cleveland made the wrong hire.

A few points...

This team hasn't gone 0-16 yet and I don't think we will. I think they'll win 1 or 2.

Don't forget, Dallas went 1-15 in '89 and look what they became soon afterwards.

We don't need 5 new OL. No team has five all-stars on their OL. You mainly need 5 good players who play tough and hard and together, along with good coaching. I think a couple of the current players will be a part of that line hopefully. And they have improved over the last few weeks.

Our more talented teams of the last few years got blown out worse at places like Buffalo and Pitt than this team has the last few weeks.

If Chase Young is as good as Nick Bosa I'd take him first in a heartbeat since NO QB in this draft is a "can't miss" Manning or Luck type talent. Draft Young then use our next pick on our favorite qb and another one possibly in the 2nd or 3rd rd. on another qb giving us two solid chances at hitting on the future franchise qb. That would be much safer than possibly swinging and missing on qb first and then missing out on a possible generational talent like Young as well.

Cleveland's issue isn't talent. Cleveland made the wrong hire.
Don't confuse him. We're exactly like the Browns in every way! Our situation mirrors their situation.

Give me a fricken' break. What went on with them for many seasons, and what is going on now, has absolutely nothing to do with us.

(let's not forget everybody crowning the ALL STAR FRONT OFFICE in Cleveland when they thought Faker Mayfield was the real deal).

One thing I am sick to death of is having to watch my favorite team be QB’d by the likes of Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I couldn’t wait for the Cutler season to end even before it began and feel the same about this season.

Just cannot get excited about any game with guys like that as the starter. Even when the team is doing well in a game, it’s hard to get excited.

I was worried when they were up 14-0. I mean, if the FO is going to tank, then don't start winning 7 games in. It would be an epic failure.
They made a plan for '19. They need to stick Tua it.

One thing I am sick to death of is having to watch my favorite team be QB’d by the likes of Jay Cutler and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I couldn’t wait for the Cutler season to end even before it began and feel the same about this season.

Just cannot get excited about any game with guys like that as the starter. Even when the team is doing well in a game, it’s hard to get excited.
I hated seeing our Legendary old logo attached to this season. It's hard to watch.

That team against the Steelers looked good for the first 25 mins, then it was almost like someone said hey wait WTF are you doing, you are going to win this, what are you playing at!!
Then the second half it looked as though we were at practice, and trying out different blitzing schemes. We must be more careful or the League will find us out lol

The Dolphins are finally getting it right by doing what's necessary for the future of the franchise. And we actually have fans who still insist (with the team 0-7 and zero shot of getting into the post season) on winning as much as possible.

So stupid.

The tank rolls on! Deal with it!

The hardest part of the game for me to watch is the pass rush or lack of a pass rush. It seemed like we were getting so close so many times to sacking the QB only to NOT get there. Over and over, another 100th of a second and we'd get him but we come up short. It's a good thing we're trying to lose. How do you just miss so many times?

The team looked great on the road in the first quarter. Flores had them pumped and ready to play. That's something Gase never did. We have a better coach then we've had in a long time. The bar, however, couldn't be lower. Philbin and Gase, just awful hires, both of them. These losers set us back so far we now have to tank. Ross hired these 2 losers. Those hires set us back 10 years. If it wasn't bad enough to hire the worst coaches available, Ross brought in Mike Tannenbaum to be his GM!!!! If you want to blame someone for the state we're in it's Ross and the complete losers he chooses to believe in. The good news? I like Flores, he's an old school Football Coach and that's exactly what's needed going forward. I also like Grier and I think the FO, which includes Allen and McKensie are quite capable of making great decisions going forward.

Oh my God....no.

You think when Tampa Bay won the Super Bowl they were thinking: we'd trade this title if we could remove our winless season and just be mediocre for 30 years?
What? The Bucs were winless in 1974 and won the Super Bowl 26 years later. That is your example to justify the Dolphins going winless? If anything it shows that going winless does nothing to improve your situation.
After last night’s game I’m 100% convinced that neither Coach Flores nor Chris Grier will be here when the Miami Dolphins have their next winning season.

I’ve actually been somewhat impressed with the coaching staff the pst few weeks. Seems like the players are buying into the culture. They just don’t have the talent.
I'm sure others see this as well it's just their agendas drive their vision. They have hated the staff from the beginning and will not see differently.

Back
Top Bottom