Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

When I see coaches like Adam Gase, Freddie Kitchens, or Dan Quinn, with vastly superior rosters and compare them to what Flores is doing with what he has, I am confident he can turn things around.

I love how Flo preaches the fundamentals. I can see him transforming us into a hard-nosed football team. And a team that isnt afraid to take risks.

Give the man some time, give him some talent. We will see results.

We have to remember, he is learning too. **** will get cleaned up. Flo isnt like the last guy we had in here that thought he was the smartest guy in the room and threw everyone under the bus except himself.

The second quarter of the season is coming to a close. Ive seen improvement, no, not great strides, not a complete 180 turn around, but steps in the right direction.

Guys, this team is going to be great again, I can feel it.

Trust the process.
Good post. People want instant success and it clouds their vision. It's a win now world not build for the future like they are doing.

So are you saying if Jimmy Johnson's 1989 team hadn't beaten the Redskins in a meaningless game to win one game that they wouldn't have won any titles (no other team won less than 3 that year)? Are you really saying that whether we ever are successful under Flores depends on whether we win 1 game instead of 0?
The Dallas Cowboys are the only - THE ONLY - example of a team winning the Super Bowl within five years after they had a terrible season. If you want to hedge your bets on a historical outlier, feel free to do so. I won’t.

I root for the team to win because that is what I believe the players and coaching staff are trying to do they just can’t. I also know my rooting interests have no affect on the outcome of the game and the chips are going to fall as they may. I do not get upset when we lose because I also want the top pick. These fire everybody takes when we all now the team lacks talent are ludicrous and I wish the mods would delete them.
So you want to delete somebody’s opinion because you don’t like it?

No it’s not. Win 2-3 more those seasons with good coaching and you’re in the playoffs. We fail worse at hiring coaches than drafting.
News flash. Getting into the playoffs shouldn't be your goal. The fact that it is shows how far your expectations have been beaten down watching this dreadful team for the last 2 decades.

The site is too confusing. I feel like everybody wants the number 1 overall pick more than anything Tuesday through Saturday. Then fall apart during losses. You can’t have it both ways.
It's different people, obviously. The ones who are hoping to win show up to vent after every loss and then disappear during the week.

Don't confuse him. We're exactly like the Browns in every way! Our situation mirrors their situation.

Give me a fricken' break. What went on with them for many seasons, and what is going on now, has absolutely nothing to do with us.

(let's not forget everybody crowning the ALL STAR FRONT OFFICE in Cleveland when they thought Faker Mayfield was the real deal).
Sophomore slump. The dude had a 93.7 rating as a rookie and set the rookie record for TD passes. He clearly has it in him.

Except it’s not. Going 0-16 has never propelled a team to a Super Bowl. Not once.

How many times has 7-9 and 8-8 gotten us to a Super Bowl?

Just so we're clear...how many times in recent memory have we gone 7-9/8-8 to prove this theory correct?

The Cowboys built that team before the NFL adopted free agency. It is a different league now. No recent champion has gone from tanking level being horrible to winning the Super Bowl.
And we're also the first to do what we're doing so blatantly. It's unprecedented so I have no idea why people keep trying to compare it to any other situation in the history of the league.

We were a bad team with a bloated salary cap and very little talent so we reset. We're now a bad team with very little talent, but a bunch of cap space and picks. Whether that means we're going to hit on those picks and turn out to be really, really good has absolutely nothing to do with the strategy itself, just the execution. Those are two separate things.

Most of those anti Flores "fans" were against his hire from the get-go. They called for his head last February.

Yea but then they were talked into how Flores was the “mastermind” behind the Patriots super bowl performance. This year shows that Flores was apparently holding the team back as they are much much better without him.

This thread Illustrates the essence of being a Dolphins fan over the last 20 years: begging for 8-8 seasons— not playoff wins, championships, hell even more wins than losses— because it preserves the illusion.

At 8-8, you’ll never win a thing that matters, but you get to say that “you’re in the hunt” every year. You get to pretend the team is one player away. You get to imagine that this team still has a connection to the Dolphins teams that actually were good, even though that’s decades in the past now.

If nothing else, this tank finally drives a dagger into this illusion that the Dolphins are in any way a good team. Will they be better in the future? Who knows. But they sure as hell haven’t been good in almost 2 decades now, and it’s time everyone’s eyes are open to the reality.

Yea but then they were talked into how Flores was the “mastermind” behind the Patriots super bowl performance. This year shows that Flores was apparently holding the team back as they are much much better without him.
Yes because we have the same talent as the Pat's. Jeez

If you can't see the improvement in coaching since week 1 feel for you.

Back
Top Bottom