Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

Chris Grier has 5 more 1st round picks upcoming, so that's 5 more bust draft picks coming up!

All 5 picks will either suck or be traded for more picks in the years 2022-2024...

It was actually 8 years ago, a very long process. Finally found the right manager to lead the process after going through 4 different ones.
I'll defer to you on this, but I thought Luhnow tanked 3 years and has set them up to compete every year since ~2015.

I know everyone is upset about the game.
But honestly this team is showing more heart than any of the Gase teams.
Heck this team with less talent has more heart than the Falcons, Bills, Jets, Bengals etc...

The coaching staff are making some bad mistakes. But the schemes they're putting on the field is way ahead of the stuff we've had in the past
This team right now is just lacking the talent to compete for 4 quaters.

#Fins up

this, pretty much

I'll defer to you on this, but I thought Luhnow tanked 3 years and has set them up to compete every year since ~2015.
They made the playoffs once in those first 6 years of tank process. Compete is vague, we've been competing for the last 20 years, any team can compete without tanking. I don't see this team being better than just competing for at least 4 years, and that's with decent drafting.

The Dallas Cowboys are the only - THE ONLY - example of a team winning the Super Bowl within five years after they had a terrible season. If you want to hedge your bets on a historical outlier, feel free to do so. I won’t.

This got me interested so I looked at all SB winning teams the past 15 years. It really depends on how you define "terrible season", because just about every SB winner (except the Pats) had a losing record 2-5 years before winning the superbowl.

Seahawks 5-11 - won SB 5 years later (2014)
Broncos 4-12 - won SB 5 years later (2016)
Giants 4-12 - won SB 4 years later (2008)
Saints 3-13 - won SB 3 years later (2010)
Packers 6-10 - won SB 2 years later (2011)
Steelers - 6-10 - won SB 2 years later (2009)

Looking at Cleveland, they tanked and traded for picks, saved up cap for splash moves, and are 2-5.
Got a franchise edge player in Garrett, maybe a good QB in Mayfield, have a very good RB and two very good to great WR on paper.

Still suck.

Maybe it's the coaching, or maybe the top players they drafted/signed/traded for aren't living up to their hype.

Ain't no guarantees in the NFL and the Dolphins have the same luck as the Browns in the 21st century.

Sophomore slump. The dude had a 93.7 rating as a rookie and set the rookie record for TD passes. He clearly has it in him.
I'm just saying. Their success or failure after multiple winless or near-winless seasons is totally contingent on if they got the QB decision right. Regardless of all their other "genius moves." If Mayfield fails, they'll be lucky to go .500 every year.

Looking at Cleveland, they tanked and traded for picks, saved up cap for splash moves, and are 2-5.
Got a franchise edge player in Garrett, maybe a good QB in Mayfield, have a very good RB and two very good to great WR on paper.

Still suck.

Maybe it's the coaching, or maybe the top players they drafted/signed/traded for aren't living up to their hype.

Ain't no guarantees in the NFL and the Dolphins have the same luck as the Browns in the 21st century.

I'll be honest, anybody who didnt see the Browns struggling this year just love flash. Poor coaching hires, and a lack of leaders

I'll be honest, anybody who didnt see the Browns struggling this year just love flash. Poor coaching hires, and a lack of leaders

And their offensive tackles are terrible, they can't protect Mayfield.

That 3rd and 20 call should be called "broken arrow". Wonderfully called play from the coaching staff to tank.

Flores has me sold. I think he's a real leader. O'shea called a good game. They just dont have the talent. I think we have a strong future. Just secure the tank anyway possible. After last night, I think Flores values the first pick.

That 3rd and 20 call should be called "broken arrow". Wonderfully called play from the coaching staff to tank.

Flores has me sold. I think he's a real leader. O'shea called a good game. They just dont have the talent. I think we have a strong future. Just secure the tank anyway possible. After last night, I think Flores values the first pick.

I dont know how it looked on tv but I can tell you from the stadium even in the 2nd half Rudolph was confused by the D. The Steelers ended up bringing an extra OT in (the crowd started cheering cause every other play the ref stated 72 is eligible) and our CBs just couldnt hang with the Pitt WRs.

The game did show me more than ever that a true pass rusher is needed

I agree, but I didn't expect them to be this bad. Maybe 3-4, or 4-3, into maybe a 8-8 team or even 9-7 if it bounced right.. Especially after that solid win over the Ravens.

That what is concerning about the Dolphins, is that they have to nail all 4 criteria.
1. Competent coaching staff. TBD
2. Nailing the draft. ehhhh
3. Using cap space properly. TBD.
4. Real leadership in the lockerroom. TBD

I dont know how it looked on tv but I can tell you from the stadium even in the 2nd half Rudolph was confused by the D. The Steelers ended up bringing an extra OT in (the crowd started cheering cause every other play the ref stated 72 is eligible) and our CBs just couldnt hang with the Pitt WRs.

The game did show me more than ever that a true pass rusher is needed

Oh I have never seen a QB more Frazzled than Rudolph in that first half. I felt sorry for him to an extent. I dont think he was fully over that hit he took.

Cause you’re a hero.

Get used to being pissed off. Cause this team isn’t winning every week WITHOUT those picks you’re dismissing.

Where do you expect the talent to come from? Your heroistic nature of not accepting losing? SMH.

I love to win too. So does everyone on this board. You’re not some unique duck.

But a lot of folks are tired of 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 nearly every single season. Apparently you’re not.

Good for you, hero.

I don't think I'd use the word hero. Maybe something else to describe that kind of opinion considering whats actually happening this season.

Go easy on him please.

Still suck.

At least the Browns are interesting. I'm not expecting us to suddenly be successful, but I am hoping that we develop into something that adds some excitement to being a fan, even if it is in a losing cause. An electrifying QB, a youth movement, a suffocating defense, something to hang our hat on other than the annual trudge towards 9-7 and hoping it's enough to give us the chance to be embarrassed in the wild card round just so that the HC can justify his position.

This is not like football (soccer) outside of the US, where promotion and relegation exists, there are very real consequences to consistently losing and in a lot of cases mediocrity not only makes sense but is to be celebrated. There's comparatively little risk involved here, so lets try to shake things up and find something interesting at the bottom of the bag.

Back
Top Bottom