Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

I'm just saying. Their success or failure after multiple winless or near-winless seasons is totally contingent on if they got the QB decision right. Regardless of all their other "genius moves." If Mayfield fails, they'll be lucky to go .500 every year.
Yup. Agree.

Cause you’re a hero.

Get used to being pissed off. Cause this team isn’t winning every week WITHOUT those picks you’re dismissing.

Where do you expect the talent to come from? Your heroistic nature of not accepting losing? SMH.

I love to win too. So does everyone on this board. You’re not some unique duck.

But a lot of folks are tired of 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 nearly every single season. Apparently you’re not.

Good for you, hero.
Hero..............Yeah, I like that!
You must be one of the "tankers" who believe that a team cant win anything unless they get the number 1 overall pick.
Im not pissed at all. In fact, Im amused that people actually think LOSING will lead to winning. If you want to see pissed, wait till this team actually wins a couple games, and the tankers heads will be exploding.
I expect the talent to come from the draft, but those thinking we cant succeed without the #1 pick seem to be short-sighted and immature, hoping for some kind of miracle. Theres plenty of teams out here competing every week that havent had the #1 pick for quite some time.

What I took from that game was a lot of guys will want to play for Flores! I think in the next couple of years we will have an elite defence with Flores at the helm. If we strike lucky with the QB the future is bright for this organisation!

Hero..............Yeah, I like that!
You must be one of the "tankers" who believe that a team cant win anything unless they get the number 1 overall pick.
Im not pissed at all. In fact, Im amused that people actually think LOSING will lead to winning. If you want to see pissed, wait till this team actually wins a couple games, and the tankers heads will be exploding.
I expect the talent to come from the draft, but those thinking we cant succeed without the #1 pick seem to be short-sighted and immature, hoping for some kind of miracle. Theres plenty of teams out here competing every week that havent had the #1 pick for quite some time.
Are those teams that are competing winning Super Bowls without a top or 2nd tier QB? Do they have decent depth? Both of those attributes have been missing from the Dolphins for years. For a long time this franchise has fooled itself into thinking we were 1 or 2 players away and made ridiculous free agent signings. Its refreshing to try this approach to see if we can finally escape mediocrity. This season is about evaluating players who will be here next year, ridding the salary cap of bad contracts and older players eating up money, adding depth and most importantly, draft a QB that can be a top or 2nd tier QB.

For some, it sucks going through this and I feel bad for the older vets who want to play for a championship but after years of disappointment and being stuck in mediocrity, most fans are in favor of this approach.

That 3rd and 20 call should be called "broken arrow". Wonderfully called play from the coaching staff to tank.

Flores has me sold. I think he's a real leader. O'shea called a good game. They just dont have the talent. I think we have a strong future. Just secure the tank anyway possible. After last night, I think Flores values the first pick.

is this sarcasm?

What I took from that game was a lot of guys will want to play for Flores! I think in the next couple of years we will have an elite defence with Flores at the helm. If we strike lucky with the QB the future is bright for this organisation!
This positive view and outlook is not welcome here. It's 24/7 doom and gloom.

Oh I have never seen a QB more Frazzled than Rudolph in that first half. I felt sorry for him to an extent. I dont think he was fully over that hit he took.

Yep and they let him off the hook and played to his strength. Which is throw the ball up and see what happens. Not much to read there...

I would have taken my chances with the zone concepts and force him to make the right throw with accuracy.

It’s a young team and a young coaching staff. Hopefully they’ll learn how to play with a lead.

This season will in my mind be remembered by this Pittsburgh game. This game was winnable. Until it wasn't. Once again Miami made no adjustments in the 2nd half, to counter Pittsburgh. This game also showed why Miami needs to strengthen the front 7, to handle the ground and pound teams. Pittsburgh added an additional Olinemen in the 2nd half and it paid off. A guy like Derrick Brown would have helped, counter a sixth lineman. Also a bigger more physical LBing unit is needed.

News flash. Getting into the playoffs shouldn't be your goal. The fact that it is shows how far your expectations have been beaten down watching this dreadful team for the last 2 decades.
My goal isn't to make the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. It's to watch a competent team that has a chance to win each and every game. Life's too short to hope my favorite pro team is the best of 32 others.

This season will in my mind be remembered by this Pittsburgh game. This game was winnable. Until it wasn't. Once again Miami made no adjustments in the 2nd half, to counter Pittsburgh. This game also showed why Miami needs to strengthen the front 7, to handle the ground and pound teams. Pittsburgh added an additional Olinemen in the 2nd half and it paid off. A guy like Derrick Brown would have helped, counter a sixth lineman. Also a bigger more physical LBing unit is needed.
I don't think we have the personel to adjust like other teams. Next year.

Last edited:
My goal isn't to make the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. It's to watch a competent team that has a chance to win each and every game. Life's too short to hope my favorite pro team is the best of 32 others.
A competent team that has a chance to win each and every game IS a Super Bowl contender, unless your standards stop once the team makes the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom