Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Game Reaction. I love this season!

This thread Illustrates the essence of being a Dolphins fan over the last 20 years: begging for 8-8 seasons— not playoff wins, championships, hell even more wins than losses— because it preserves the illusion.

At 8-8, you’ll never win a thing that matters, but you get to say that “you’re in the hunt” every year. You get to pretend the team is one player away. You get to imagine that this team still has a connection to the Dolphins teams that actually were good, even though that’s decades in the past now.

If nothing else, this tank finally drives a dagger into this illusion that the Dolphins are in any way a good team. Will they be better in the future? Who knows. But they sure as hell haven’t been good in almost 2 decades now, and it’s time everyone’s eyes are open to the reality.

It’s not that the plan per se was bad, it’s just that the people in charge have been real bad at their job. Teams go from 8-8 to contenders. It happens. We were stuck in football purgatory for so long not because 7-9 is a death knell but because the team was making bad decision after bad decision.

Not me.
I want to win every week.
Screw the picks.

Cause you’re a hero.

Get used to being pissed off. Cause this team isn’t winning every week WITHOUT those picks you’re dismissing.

Where do you expect the talent to come from? Your heroistic nature of not accepting losing? SMH.

I love to win too. So does everyone on this board. You’re not some unique duck.

But a lot of folks are tired of 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 nearly every single season. Apparently you’re not.

Good for you, hero.

The simple fact is no one knows how this will turn out Nothing they’ve tried in 45 years has worked so I’ll give this a chance. Maybe the Dolphins will be the model on how to tank and rebuild in the modern era or maybe they won’t.

I do like what I’m seeing from this coaching staff and for the first half got caught up in the excitement of dominating a game through the first 29 minutes. Been a long time since we’ve seen that.

The simple fact is no one knows how this will turn out Nothing they’ve tried in 45 years has worked so I’ll give this a chance. Maybe the Dolphins will be the model on how to tank and rebuild in the modern era or maybe they won’t.

I do like what I’m seeing from this coaching staff and for the first half got caught up in the excitement of dominating a game through the first 29 minutes. Been a long time since we’ve seen that.
First half was fun until the 3 and 20. Second half was not.

Excellent game from tbe interior dline. Pretty solid game from tbe off ball lb level minus ego. Kwon and baker showed up.

We are 7 games in and this team still hasn’t put two halves together.

Likey gonna be tbe theme of the season.

"Embrace the suck. You'll lower your stress, and any victory becomes a pleasant surprise". -- Unknown Infantryman.

weak receiving core is a concern, no TE threat, no slot threat and no real deep threat outside of PW who is hopefully growing.

When the D gives up a 3rd and 20 to Mason Rudolph... Chase Young sounds pretty good to me
I'd love to have Chase Young. Not saying to not draft a qb but our lines need a massive overhaul before id be comfortable putting anyone of any value behind that line. Chase Young is a manchild.

Back
Top Bottom