Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 76 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Your overly impressed by Minkah pick up fumbles someone else created and INTs thrown right to him.

Minkah is still the guy who got roasted by Marquise Brown week 1 and was looking around for people to blame.

Someone please create a “highlight” reel of Minkahs 2019 plays.

PLEASE.

We’re gonna give him credit for a play made by Devin Bush now?

Yes it was an incredible play that anyone between the ages of 3-65 could of made. The hip rotation he used to pick that ball off the ground with nobody near him was insane!

Better yet, someone make or find an Ed Reed highlight reel and compare it to Minkah’s. I bet the majority of the plays look identical. 9 takeaways so far. All luck. Pitt trader their no 1 pick for first time since 1966 to get a guy who isn’t good, just gets lucky.

LOL, Minkah and Ed Reed are indentical now?
Ban yourself for one of the most ridicilous post that's ever been made in the history of this forum.

Did you really just compare how Minkah picks up lose balls to a HOFer that rountinely fooled Brady and Manning etc into throws?

Minkah didn't want to be on the Dolphins. The Steelers will be in rebuilding mode starting next season. They lucked into a lot of wins this year while facing a weak schedeule. With Ben's career being close to done and no legit starting QB on their roster they will need to address that at some point. Without a first round pick this year will make it tougher.

I still say the trade wasn't bad based on how Miami was using Fitzpatrick. The bigger issue was with how he was used. In Miami he wasn't nearly as impactful.

Better yet, someone make or find an Ed Reed highlight reel and compare it to Minkah’s. I bet the majority of the plays look identical. 9 takeaways so far. All luck. Pitt trader their no 1 pick for first time since 1966 to get a guy who isn’t good, just gets lucky.

But what does that have to do with us?

Coach and GM wanted him here, but Minkah asked to be traded as he couldn't handle being apart of this team rebuild . . . so when a good enough offer came around we got what we could before his value was minimized.

He's a good player and Pittsburgh is a good fit as they already have many great players on the defense so he can fit in and take advantage of more opportunities with the increased pass rush and talent in the back that can increase his opportunities to make plays.

He was never going to have that opportunity he has now in 2019.

Safe to say it worked out for him and for us as I'm sure we don't want to keep a guy who doesn't wanna be apart of the bigger pictur
I can't understand why we have to keep bringing this up though? It is obvious why we traded him and has been mentioned several hundred times. There was no malice.

I think Minkah could of been a great player in Coach Flo's defense . . . maybe not in 2019, but eventually a star. Too bad his ego wouldn't allow for him to go through the growing pains.

I still say the trade wasn't bad based on how Miami was using Fitzpatrick. The bigger issue was with how he was used. In Miami he wasn't nearly as impactful.

He was used that way because Miami needed a player of his caliber in a position that helps benefit their defense. Miami wanted to put their most talented secondary player (assuming X injured) in a place where he can be around the ball.

People thinking he was just gonna lay up at FS and make plays on this Dolphins defense need to stop that narrative. We have literally no consistent pass rush and our secondary is a bunch of no named dudes.

Minkah is a good player. For someone who didn't want to be a Dolphin, I've always been a good riddance guy and I loved Minkah. I find it funny to have to defend the Dolphins when: Yes, they could have kept him, Yes, he would have been unhappy, and yes that would have made for a contentious locker room. The Dolphins did what they had to do and I'm happy for them and Minkah. So be it.

Anyone else gonna still call Minkah lucky with his play? GTFO with that ****.

Someone would have to be a complete dolt to believe his fumble recovery wasn’t fortunate. Bush did the heavy lifting by forcing the fumble and Minkah comes running by late to the play and gravy trained it. 100% truth. Don’t even try.

I‘ve never seen more fickle, inconsistent, hypocritical, and turncoat fans than on this site. For the better part of a year all the majority of fans did was bitch about the Dolphins drafting the kid at #11 and how he wasn’t worthy of it and how the player they wanted would have been better.

Now that he’s been traded, many of those same fans are acting as if the Dolphins traded Ronnie Lott in his prime. Utterly ridiculous.

Dude has played ok in Pitt. Some good moments and some bad ones. But he has benefited from being in the right place at the right time on many of the turnovers he’s been involved with. Deflected passes by a teammate that goes right to him and fumble recovery‘s caused by others. Great for him.

But trading him is nowhere close to being a bad thing for Mia.

In case people haven’t noticed, PITT is a .500 level team playing weak teams for the most part. IDC about their QB situation. Everyone has injuries to overcome.

They nearly lost to an 0-10 team today. Lets see Minkah make a play in a game that counts against a top notch opponent before we start agonizing over losing him.

FWIW, I’m sick to death of PITT lucking out in these games. They easily could and arguably should have 3 more losses. They aren’t all that good.

Last edited:
He was used that way because Miami needed a player of his caliber in a position that helps benefit their defense. Miami wanted to put their most talented secondary player (assuming X injured) in a place where he can be around the ball.

People thinking he was just gonna lay up at FS and make plays on this Dolphins defense need to stop that narrative. We have literally no consistent pass rush and our secondary is a bunch of no named dudes.

I'm not saying he would be making the same plays in Miami's defense, as a nickle corner he was just average. Miami's secondary, with all the injuries, hasn't been any worse without Fitzpatrick. I realize he was he was less than 20 games into his career, but in Miami's scheme he wasn't worth a 1st round pick.

Last edited:
You can't make that call until we see who we draft with the pick. You're just butt hurt for whatever reason for a punk player who cried his way out out town.
That’s why I said at the moment. Time will fell but in this moment it looks horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom