Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread

When will Ross sell the team?

• Who cares, he's not the problem?

• He will keep it until he wins a SB

• When he passes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Brother 1972 makes some very good points. My problem with Ross is that it seems whenever he gets involved in something, it turns into a fiasco. Hey, at the time he went after Harbaugh it was the right idea - but the execution was bad. It’s the same thing here. And I don’t know how many other times. He just never seems to get it right.

I still call BS on the league for this punishment as it’s far too severe by comparison to many other things - including Spygate, Watson, deflating balls for 10 years and coincidentally having the fewest fumbles in the league all 10 seasons (statistically impossible basically), etc. To me, this was about distracting from the punk out on Watson. **** Roger Goodell. But **** Stephen Ross too!
There's only enough room for one Clown in the NFL and that's Jerry Botox Bonehead Jones. Ross can't help tripping over himself and doesn't have enough sense to just get out of the way. Beyond that the NFL is a certified FIXED LEAGUE from scheduling, officiating, rule enforcement, punishment etc. That's OLD NEWS! And anyone who doesn't realize it's a fixed league is dumb, ignorant or blind.

There's only enough room for one Clown in the NFL and that's Jerry Botox Bonehead Jones. Ross can't help tripping over himself and doesn't have enough sense to just get out of the way. Beyond that the NFL is a certified FIXED LEAGUE from scheduling, officiating, rule enforcement, punishment etc. That's OLD NEWS! And anyone who doesn't realize it's a fixed league is dumb, ignorant or blind.
Yes. Jerry is the new Al Davis from the '00's

It will happen & I'll be interested to see if Flo has learned anything.

My $$ is on Pete C retiring soon & Flo heading to the Pacific NW.

On a tangent.... It will be interesting to see how McDaniels does w/ LV or whether its a repeat of his Denver tenure?

Highly doubt it Pittsburg scraped off the pile as it is

Snitches get stitches not promotions

So, when does Brady get punished and the other teams????????????

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

And no, Stephen, the league DID NOT say that you didn't suggest that the team should tank to improve its draft position. It said that you "suggested" the team tank was actually said "in jest". So as far as the NFL is concerned, YOU SAID IT.

Go eat a bag of dicks.
Yep. To me, there is a good chance that is why the draft picks were taken away. Particularly the 1st round pick.

I know Flores gets a lot of hatred on this forum and his morals and integrity are questioned because he didn’t run screaming to the media and quit on the team in the middle of the season. Which to me is a ridiculous take. A Head Coach that did that would lack morals and integrity. A HC that tanked would also lack morals and integrity.

Flores did what he was supposed to do, fill out an incident report at the time it happened and give it to Dolphin executives.

That to me takes balls for a 1st year coach. I am guesstimating 90%+ would have just taken no action in fear of losing their job.

Flores then did what a moral person would do and that is fulfill his responsibility to the rest of the Dolphins organization, coaching staff, players, fans, and his family which is to coach the team to win games which they did winning 5 of the last 9.

Ross majorly screwed up throwing Flores under the bus after firing him by saying Flores has a communication problem and you can’t win long term with that, despite Miami being 19-12 in their previous 31 games. An absolute poison pill for Flores getting another HC job.

That is why the tanking incident got into the lawsuit. Any good lawyer is going to include that in the lawsuit Flores put forth regarding racism in the NFL following the BB text. That lets every organization know, the communication problem Ross said Flores has is because Ross asked him to tank. That would be called boundaries, limiting the interaction taking place with someone asking him to do something immoral.
Goodell was able to throw out a word salad yesterday throwing the tanking under the rug saying along the lines, yes Ross suggested it but witnesses weren’t clear on what exact words were used and Miami didn’t actually tank so it must of just been in jest.

The piddly fine Goodell gave to Ross considering his wealth and suspension has partly to do with tampering, but the draft picks, particularly the 1st, imo, has to do with the “suggestion” to tank.

Goodell can publicly say it was in jest since Miami didn’t tank thanks to Flores, but this sends a clear message to the other owners if they ask a coach to tank for draft picks there is going to be a stiff price to pay which will be draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom