STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO

Not only making critical and destructive moves and decisions (but understandable back when ) BUT

Arguably passing up the best head coach for our team Harbaugh in decades, because he doesn't want to upset the cart of his old College, Michigan.

Sell the Team to someone who actually cares.

Was willing to put up with years of poor to bad decisions thinking that yes you weren't good at it but you actually cared as much of the rest of us. Finding out now your a part timer and willing to drag this on and on shows little real care and you should be added onto the pile needed to be swept out the door.....But we are screwed again because this fraud owns the door....

Eliminating the possibly of acquiring the best thing to make us successful is not only irresponsible but a huge deceit to all the Fans who have followed and still follow their beloved team while our owner plays games and shows he couldn't give a damn...

Sorry just my point of view of another CRITICAL dysfunction blocking success for our team, that I thought should be more exposed and brought out into the open. Because the more I thought about it the more absurd it got. Its hard enough when your all in but being partially in is really making things close to impossible.

For never in my 50+ years of fanhood thought we'd ever see and owner such as this. Guess he fits well with the X - HC as integrity being nothing of importance.

Be nice to have an owner that puts his team first, oh was going to add City too but think he's another New Yorker with the integrity level of their so called excellently skilled politicians... JMO
Its sad..... but its true

Ross clearly loves Michigan.... he "likes" the Dolphins.

This is our major problem and there is abosuluty nothing we can do about it.

Ross is the worst thing that's happened to this franchise this century, maybe ever.

An exercise in "uselessness" - LOL

Never said that. Go to town calling him out.
I mean, you guys and others get what I'm saying, right? None of us are going to make the line better or Tua more consistent or get Grier to draft or sign who we want than we are to get Ross to sell the team. If we're going to say "We can't do anything about it, so it's pointless to talk about it" then at least 50% of discussion on the board isn't worth having.

Just because Ross isn't going to sell the team doesn't mean it's without worth to point out where you think he's lacking and how it's negatively impacted the team. Heck, it might be more valid because he's the one with the biggest opportunity to right things, and, if he hires the wrong coach or wrong GM, things won't change. As fans, venting about that is fine, IMO, if that's all you can do.

I mean, you guys and others get what I'm saying, right? None of us are going to make the line better or Tua more consistent or get Grier to draft or sign who we want than we are to get Ross to sell the team. If we're going to say "We can't do anything about it, so it's pointless to talk about it" then at least 50% of discussion on the board isn't worth having.

Just because Ross isn't going to sell the team doesn't mean it's without worth to point out where you think he's lacking and how it's negatively impacted the team. Heck, it might be more valid because he's the one with the biggest opportunity to right things, and, if he hires the wrong coach or wrong GM, things won't change. As fans, venting about that is fine, IMO, if that's all you can do.

The main difference is that if we are talking about QB play, WR play, coaches, so on....while we may not control it at all, those are things that can be changed and talking about possibilities is interesting.

Talking crap about Ross is just equivalent to venting. It doesn't lead to anything particularly interesting.

The truth is, Ross is far from the worst owner we could possibly have. He doesn't know more or less about hiring "football guys" in the FO that any other owner, part of it is a crap shoot and quite honestly i love our current direction for the most part and he opens his pockets as needed.

Intelligent post: Though also extremely redundant.

But you missed the point.
Also know me being upset doesn't change a think. And expressions in here also have little to no real anything concerning the actual team.
Sometimes its a good place to get out and express your feelings.

If you think I'm looking for a change outside myself your miles away sadly

IMO what Ross has done college over his team says a lot to me if not anyone else and u see as irrelevant and hands tied thats on you my friend. Nothing in here has any real legitimacy of changing anything ... thats just a given IMO..
Just thought it would be another meaningless topic that fits in nicely with the inteligence level seen in here
If your post was simply to get your feelings out while knowing that nothing is going to change regarding Dolphin ownership. I can’t understand that feeling. Sometimes just getting it out of your system is needed and that’s why forums like this work.

Ross clearly loves Michigan.... he "likes" the Dolphins.

This is our major problem and there is abosuluty nothing we can do about it.

Ross is the worst thing that's happened to this franchise this century, maybe ever.
Harbaugh turned down Ross when Ross tried to hire him years ago. So even if Harbaugh wasn’t at Michigan, there is a strong possibility Harbaugh would still not want to come to Miami.

There are many job openings in the NFL and several of those openings might be seen as more enticing than the Dolphins HC job. While I love living in South Florida. That certainly doesn’t mean Harbaugh and his family would want it live here. He is from the Midwest and he seems to prefer the West or Midwest.

Ross obviously loves the University of Michigan more than the Dolphins but if Harbaugh called him up and said he was leaving Michigan to return to the NFL and really wanted to come to Miami, Ross would certainly hire him, IMO. I just don’t see that happening.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe Ross learned from his last go-round with Harbaugh when Sparano was still the coach?

By saying what he did, he can't be accused of tampering (I know that this is not the NFL textbook definition of tampering so don't nitpick the words) and trying to get Harbaugh. If he is having a conversation with Harbaugh, or any other coach, so be it. May the team pick the best coach to work with the young talent on this team. And then maybe they can pick up some solid veteran leadership in free agency to help bring along the players already on the roster and those being drafted in a couple of months.

What are you going to do? Shame Ross into selling the team? @EasyRider is right. Go cry somewhere else, there's jack sh*t you can do about it, accept it and move on or don't, but it's equivalent to yelling at the sun to stop shining.
I don’t understand why these posters just don’t follow another team if all they’re going to do is complain about the owner as if he’s going to step down because of their complaints. It’s amazing they just keep starting threads about as if it were never discussed a million times over.
Regardless, say what you want about Ross, and I have my complaints also, but at least he’s not stagnant these last three years, he made a move right or wrong to position this team to be better

Does that mean fans can't call it out if they feel it's warranted?
They can, I guess, but what's the point. As I understand it, the line of succession is already in place, so I really doubt he is going to sell the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom