Straight up are you happy with #1 pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Straight up are you happy with #1 pick

No Doubt One Hell Of A Pick I Watched Him Play And This Guy Is The Real Deal Guys Great Job Saban Great Start To 05. :D

I was hoping we could trade down and pick Ronnie Brown but I am happy .He was my favorite RB because of his versatility and good character.

Yes. Like it or not, Saban didn't give into temptation and make a "sexy" pick like Edwards. He made a smart pick, and filled a need for years to come.

ny_finfan1966 said:
I love this pick. We needed a running back big time! All the other possible picks were just rumors for other teams to trade up with us. Nick knew we needed a running back.

He FF1966, where in Rochester are you?

Na, im not really happy at all

We coulda got Edwards and traded him to Minnesota for more draft picks. But oh well i guess....

I like REALLY like Cedric Benson...period...the poor kid has really dealt with a lot...and sincerely like him...I wish him all the best in Chi town...you gotta love his passion...I know I do.

PhinPhreak said:
He FF1966, where in Rochester are you?
I know the question wasnt posed to me, but my family lives in Webster and I live in the Park Ave. area. You?

This was the best player to pick!

Awesome job, Nick Saban! Blew smoke confusing everyone else......ended up getting a complete RB and complete offensive weapon. Quality player and quality person, a refreshing change!

FuturePhin said:
I havent really been able to watch Ronnie Brown much but I dont see the comparisons of LT anywhere. I see a JJ Johnson type with more speed. I guess its to be determined

JJ Johnson? You just ruined my day.....:lol:

IMO Brown was a better choice than playing trade games later in the draft if we couldnt get what we wanted for the #2

...and for those who wonder why we heard from Crennel and Nolan but not Nick....hopefully he's working right now preparing for our next pick-better than leaving it to Spielman.....

Love it......I'm just glad that you didn't draft down and get additional picks.

I think Sabans stubborness and ego got the best of him on this one. It was mentioned numerous times that unless he got FULL value of the pick he wouldn't trade down. What was lost in his equation is this particular draft was not top heavy and did not have a clear cut #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 pick. Which throws off the chart (IMO)

Back
Top Bottom