Strong opinion sports on Rosen | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong opinion sports on Rosen

This is exactly what I believe as well. I said this in one other thread, but I will say it again. Next year's draft is going to be packed with high-rated QBs... which means that a couple of guys who normally would slide up into the bottom of the first/top of the second round... won't next year. They will fall farther down due to the glut at the position. One of these guys taken with the first pick on the third day would provide an excellent developmental prospect.

One way that smart teams have maximized their draft is developing guys like this, and then when they ultimately don't need them... trade them for more than they spent initially.

If Rosen develops... we are golden. We got him cheap and can then wheel and deal at the top of the draft. It would be our BEST outcome. One of the knocks on him is that he is (a beat) slow to analyze… I think this is overblown. One, he's 22 and working with his third coordinator in just over a year and Two, his receivers are not exactly known for being in the right place at the right time.

Go back and look at the video. His throws were not THAT late and with increased time in the offense, my bet is that will go away. Again... 22. Now look at the throws... bang, on target. Look at the feet, sliding away from pressure.

Josh Rosen may not win this job, but he's a HELL of a lot better than the cultists want to admit.

Great post!

Let go of what? “7 year window” is clearly a reference tannehill. The team was bad. Now we have Rosen and the team is even worse. Point being you can’t evalute either of them properly.

And the excuse machine for the former Dolphins signal caller...continue.

Rosen looked better for a half. Then adjustments happened, and things changed.

Im not all in for Tua. But a 14 game NFL starter needs to take some steps forward. Some believe he has, while I remain skeptical.

Good listen. The first argument will be that we can't give Rosen "7" years for which I absolutely agree. However, other then him getting the crap beat out of him, the live game play and practice of being a leader on a severely low end team could be beneficial for Rosen. He just has to survive the year and not develop the Carr syndrome.

Absolutely! No more 7 year tryouts. More like 7 games.

He was decent for a half. Then he lead the offense to 70 yards in the second half.

Still a meh qb.

If he can do it on Sunday for 3/4 then that’ll be an improve which is what I’ll be looking for

Thanks for posting.

I completely agree with him regarding our play calling and I have a real issue particularly with our route combinations, it is amateur level stuff. There is so little opportunity for success between horrid line play and horrid routes.

The bomb to Parker when he made the one handed catch was great to watch but it required a perfect pass and catch to complete. Meanwhile on the left side they have two receivers running Hi/Lo Out routes. Just stupid in my opinion, causes too much congestion in one area, takes too long to develop and you are asking our stone handed receivers to make difficult catches.

Rosen did a great job looking off the Safety to make the play work but all they needed to do was have a WR running a Slant or a Skinny Post there and the Safety would have been in conflict anyway. The Cowboy LB’s completely vacated the middle and attacked the LOS and the middle of the field was WIDE open for an easy pitch and catch.

The RPO shown in this video where nobody even looks for the Pass is more evidence to me that something is wrong with our coaching staff. I think it was Grant who’s coverage vacates before the snap and he doesn’t even look to Josh for a signal it’s a pass, that is football 101.

I also agree that we need more screens early in games to slow down the pass rush. You know what also really helps a weak offensive line especially when Rosen seems to throw well on the move, Rollouts. The lack of vision or understanding by our coaching staff is simply alarming to me.

I coached Pop Warner for 5 years (so that makes me an expert, sic) and there is a big difference between what a coach wants to do and what the team can do. The faster our staff realizes that the better.

Last edited:
Sucks for Rosen but it's really not about him this season. The best he can hope for is that he shows enough that other teams are going to want his services and will offer at minmum of a 2nd or ideally, a 1st for him.

He's a cheap young back up for few years with this team.
The team is evenutally going to get more talent.

I wouldn’t be so quick to trade him. Let whoever we draft (Tua) come in and take the job from him. We can always trade him down the road, but i like the idea of competition and not have jobs handed to people.

I for one would love to see what he can do behind a decent line with a running game. He has shown good pocket awareness, a live arm, and seems to be developing reading a defense. We have to draft a qb in 2020, but I wouldn’t be so quick to throw him away. He might turn out to be really good.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.

I completely agree with him regarding our play calling and I have a real issue particularly with our route combinations, it is amateur level stuff. There is so little opportunity for success between horrid line play and horrid routes.

The bomb to Parker when he made the one handed catch was great to watch but it required a perfect pass and catch to complete. Meanwhile on the left side they have two receivers running Hi/Lo Out routes. Just stupid in my opinion, causes too much congestion in one area, takes too long to develop and you are asking our stone handed receivers to make difficult catches.

Rosen did a great job looking off the Safety to make the play work but all they needed to do was have a WR running a Slant or a Skinny Post there and the Safety would have been in conflict anyway. The Cowboy LB’s completely vacated the middle and attacked the LOS and the middle of the field was WIDE open for an easy pitch and catch.

The RPO shown in this video where nobody even looks for the Pass is more evidence to me that something is wrong with our coaching staff. I think it was Grant who’s coverage vacates before the snap and he doesn’t even look to Josh for a signal it’s a pass, that is football 101.

I also agree that we need more screens early in games to slow down the pass rush. You know what also really helps a weak offensive line especially when Rosen seems to throw well on the move, Rollouts. The lack of vision or understanding by our coaching staff is simply alarming to me.

I coached Pop Warner for 5 years (so that makes me an expert, sic) and there is a big difference between what a coach wants to do and what the team can do. The faster our staff realizes that the better.
I didn't coach Pop Warner, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn a couple times,

I doubt the coaches designed the route that way, in the first example, and in the second, I don't know if it was, perhaps, an audible either the outside recievers didn't hear, or more likely, just weren't paying attention.

Either way, although the staff are rookies at their positions, to imply they are not up to "football 101" level competency, is foolish.

I put those type of things more on individual players not knowing the playbook.

I was disappointed by the lack of halftime adjustments. The coaches have to do a better job with that, as well as preparing players during the week for possible changes to the initial game plan.

a) they wanted him to compete for a job and Rosen declined.
b) it was a new coaching staff which from the get-go said they will draft Murray

When they fired the coaches (before hiring a new coach) the Cards GM said that they will focus on getting Rosen some weapons in the upcoming draft. Once Kingsburry arrived that changed because he wanted his own QB either via FA. draft or trade.

But honestly, no matter what the Cardinals did last year has no bearing on us this year. The Dolphins said from the get-go they will treat, teach and evaluate Rosen like a rookie. Rosen started with a clean sheet here.

:lol:

You get your news from Steve Smith? Your agenda is so transparent, it's laughable. God forbid anyone mention an alternative at QB.

RG3 lead the NFL in QB rating, yards per attempt, yards per rush, and took his team to the playoffs his rookie season in the NFL. Don't let his injury that doomed him change the narrative that he was some bust.

That is indeed a lazily formed opinion.

Nope perfect definition of bust, what’s he third string right now. Luck with all his injuries was still gonna lead his team every time he returned from injury, RGIII was basically disposed of because he was just athletic and not a good QB. Again Sucker

He didn't decline at all. There were multiple articles written stating that he gladly welcomed the QB competition, but never got the chance. Most, including himself, speculated that the front office would've never allowed themselves to have Rosen win that competition because it would be their jobs on the line so they took the easy way out.

Here's one from a 2 second Google search: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/29/josh-rosen-arizona-cardinals-miami-dolphins-trade-draft

Two second search, eh? Why let facts get in the way of pouting though?

Back
Top Bottom