Strong opinion sports on Rosen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong opinion sports on Rosen

Nope perfect definition of bust, what’s he third string right now. Luck with all his injuries was still gonna lead his team every time he returned from injury, RGIII was basically disposed of because he was just athletic and not a good QB. Again Sucker
Because of Luck's injuries he actually retired so he's not even "third string" right now, but nice try.

unless that guy knows the cadence and the snap count there is no way he can say rosen was late on that blitz hot throw to grant which was dropped.

I doubt miami has a code word for an immediate snap either with a first game starting qb.

I do think we got hosed on tbe onside kick offsides call. Home cooking. Balls definitely crosses the los before anything else does

Regardless of who we draft JR will go into camp as our starter next year. Bet on it
I have to agree. I doubt Tua, or any other rookie will be able to overtake Rosen initially. This is, by all accounts, a complex system (even though we may not have seen it yet), and learning not only the playbook, but also the pre/post reads required is probably not going to happen in the off season. Rosen will have a distinct advantage, having spent a year getting acclimated to the offense, including protection calls.

Anyway, what sense does it make to throw your shiny new rookie QB to the wolves before he's ready?

And the excuse machine for the former Dolphins signal caller...continue.

So wanting to field a TEAM of actual nfl caliber players and not expecting a Qb to carry an entire franchise every week Is an “excuse”? What QB carries an entire team for a season besides maybe Rodgers who still doesn’t win unless he gets help?

Jay Cutler came in and took a playoff team from a year ago to last in the division.

Do what? Have barely 50% completion %? Score 6 points? Miss easy throws? Still ID the wrong player as the MIKE?

Not sure those numbers tell the entire story. There were quite a few key drops, including at least one that would have been a touchdown where he placed the ball perfectly. He was running for his life, and he demonstrated solid pocket awareness, an above average arm, and for the most part looked like he was doing a decent job identifying the Mike but also knowing where to go with he football.

With such a poor line and surrounding cast performances, it will be hard to truly judge him, but he’s definitely showing that there is something there worth seeing more of and developing.

Not sure those numbers tell the entire story. There were quite a few key drops, including at least one that would have been a touchdown where he placed the ball perfectly. He was running for his life, and he demonstrated solid pocket awareness, an above average arm, and for the most part looked like he was doing a decent job identifying the Mike but also knowing where to go with he football.

With such a poor line and surrounding cast performances, it will be hard to truly judge him, but he’s definitely showing that there is something there worth seeing more of and developing.
Hard to judge him from a fans perspective, but not necessarily from Flores' perspective.

I've said it before, but since it is germain to your point, it bears repeating.

Flores won't merely be looking at wins, and points scored.

He will be looking at whether Rosen, or any other QB for that matter, is:
1. Calling the correct protections

2. Quickly making the correct pre / post snap reads.

3. Working through his progressions on time.

All of that within the framework of the system, and play design.

It's not possible for the average, or even well informed "fan" to judge something properly without the context, in which, really only the coaches have knowledge.

While I beleive the "eye test" from a fans viewpoint certainly has value and merit, they simply don't have the information to assess that the staff does.

I'm not saying JR is the second coming of Joe Montana, but context is important, when the surrounding talent makes it nearly impossible for a high statistical level of an individual's performance.

It is, after all, a team sport.

Every qb has drops. Stop looking for reasons why the qb struggled once Dallas decided they were actually gonna play.

unless that guy knows the cadence and the snap count there is no way he can say rosen was late on that blitz hot throw to grant which was dropped.

I doubt miami has a code word for an immediate snap either with a first game starting qb.

I do think we got hosed on tbe onside kick offsides call. Home cooking. Balls definitely crosses the los before anything else does

Pretty sure he meant he should have either snapped it earlier or not went to that read after the safety already started rolling down. He didn’t see the safety moving pre snap. It happens, it’s how that defense is designed to work.

Every qb has drops. Stop looking for reasons why the qb struggled once Dallas decided they were actually gonna play.

Some of the drops were brutal though. The only one I don’t consider a drop was Williams in the end zone, DB made a great play. The one with Parker over the middle, set up perfectly to score or be inside the 2? Wow.

And my position on Rosen is the same as pre draft two years ago, average skill set that should be a developmental guy, late first to early second round pick. Only a problem on your roster should you take him in the first 10-15 picks or trade up for him. His ceiling is a Kirk cousins type.

So wanting to field a TEAM of actual nfl caliber players and not expecting a Qb to carry an entire franchise every week Is an “excuse”? What QB carries an entire team for a season besides maybe Rodgers who still doesn’t win unless he gets help?

Jay Cutler came in and took a playoff team from a year ago to last in the division.

Eh Cutler took a playoff team from a year ago and returned it to it's regularly scheduled program of 6-10. From 2012-2015 we literally averaged 7 wins a season. It's not like Cutler turned a perennial playoff team into a loser it's far more likely 2016 was a fluke year and we would went back to 6-8 wins even with no Cutler.

FYI we were third in the division with Cutler.

Funny thing is -- everyone bats 1000 in hindsight!

:lol:

As far as "developmental," every QB coming out of college is
essentially developmental -- and the degree of difficulty directly
relates to the system the kid is placed in.

Everyone knows the system Miami is running is probably (next
to the Cheats) the most challenging/demanding on the QB in the
league.

If someone can't see, or refuses to acknowledge the obvious positive
aspects and developments in Rosen's game then... I would assume that's
clearly an expression of personal bias.

In my view, Rosen has ALL the core ingredients to be a efficient, high
performance (consistent) NFL QB. The raw material is there. He's already
getting the ball out faster -- and shows signs of really understanding what
he's facing and how to best execute. But no doubt -- he's got a ways to go...

I honesty believe the real question at this point is how much more positive
growth can Rosen achieve? Is he near maxed out? Or can he get better
reading the D, making quick and correct decisions, refine his bag of
tricks like looking off etc., and improve his overall accuracy (right now
IMO he's much more proficient in the vertical vs. horizontal plane
hitting moving targets).

Every player has a ceiling. I think Rosen still has significant upside.
The question is will he be able to fully develop to his greatest potential?
Or, like so many QBs, hit a wall he can't get past?

I assume (as per the subject of his thread) you're talking about Rosen?

So let's just say your declaration is a tad opinionated and typical of

this board as a binary assertion! No one around here was looking at

Rosen as a PROVEN NFL high-performance QB when we traded for him.

Point is -- he's a "high quality" prospect and ONLY 22 years old.

In base NFL evaluation terms he's maybe a 35% bet! Seems clear

to me the regime brought him in based on his perceived upside and

perhaps they knew he was not a guaranteed dominator at the NFL

QB level? But he has potential. Now factor that in with the rather

obvious that we've seen on the field and the kid certainly had a long way

to go -- and is STILL developing his NFL game amidst a TEAM developmental

year! All this means is that definitive judgements are way premature and

you need to give the process a little time. I'm not talking THill geological

time -- but MORE than 1 game as a starter!

:lol:

You're assumption off the bat was incorrect. I was moreso just responding to the content of the post and title of the video about how the Dolphins suck. So I quite literally said the Dolphins suck. It's not a shocker. We lack talent. That's why Josh is in constant pressure and our receivers are below average at best, oh and we have no run game.

That's just on offense.

If I was to comment on Josh Rosen I'd basically be reiterating myself in every thread. He's got arm talent and he's good in the pocket. Unforutnatley the mistakes the video points out are ones that we've been seeing in pre-season and maybe in AZ games I didn't watch much. He's late. His throws are late and lack anticipation. He's often a little off with his accuracy. I don't know if the two are related.

Hopefully the game slows down for him but if you can't throw with consistent anticipation in this league it is going to be very hard to score points without a excellent wide receivers and protection.

I'm not writing the kid off, he's got all season....but yea as it stands today I am looking forward to having the #1 overall pick and taking Tua.

Pretty sure he meant he should have either snapped it earlier or not went to that read after the safety already started rolling down. He didn’t see the safety moving pre snap. It happens, it’s how that defense is designed to work.

No ball went exactly where it should have. And any qb knows you blitz the corner pre snap there it’s a safety that must replace.

Can’t snap it earlier if you don’t have a code word which I really doubt they do with a first game starter and musical chairs on the o line

Back
Top Bottom