Strong opinion sports on Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong opinion sports on Rosen

...analyzed Rosen the way coaches will evaluate him ....

The last coaching staff to evaluate Rosen drafted his replacement one year after he was drafted, and traded him away... didn't even let him compete for the job.

I’m rooting for Rosen. I would like him to be the guy. It would be a comfort if we didn’t have to worry about the QB in next years draft. However if it turns out Rosen is the guy, I want us to still draft a QB somewhere in next years draft as insurance. Doesn’t have to be a number one but someone they like that they feel they can groom

This is exactly what I believe as well. I said this in one other thread, but I will say it again. Next year's draft is going to be packed with high-rated QBs... which means that a couple of guys who normally would slide up into the bottom of the first/top of the second round... won't next year. They will fall farther down due to the glut at the position. One of these guys taken with the first pick on the third day would provide an excellent developmental prospect.

One way that smart teams have maximized their draft is developing guys like this, and then when they ultimately don't need them... trade them for more than they spent initially.

If Rosen develops... we are golden. We got him cheap and can then wheel and deal at the top of the draft. It would be our BEST outcome. One of the knocks on him is that he is (a beat) slow to analyze… I think this is overblown. One, he's 22 and working with his third coordinator in just over a year and Two, his receivers are not exactly known for being in the right place at the right time.

Go back and look at the video. His throws were not THAT late and with increased time in the offense, my bet is that will go away. Again... 22. Now look at the throws... bang, on target. Look at the feet, sliding away from pressure.

Josh Rosen may not win this job, but he's a HELL of a lot better than the cultists want to admit.

The last coaching staff to evaluate Rosen drafted his replacement one year after he was drafted, and traded him away... didn't even let him compete for the job.

They went after the sexy pick, and RGIII clone who is small and runs around the pocket. They think Murray is the next Watson
That doesn’t make them so smart unless he does pan out

That's not accurate. The coaching staff that evaluated Rosen is not the same staff that is there now.

If you say the GM, that's a different story. They chose to take Murray because he is a much better fit for the current system.

They went after the sexy pick, and RGIII clone who is small and runs around the pocket. They think Murray is the next Watson
That doesn’t make them so smart unless he does pan out

Most draft experts had Murray as the best QB in the draft. Your opinion is lazily formed.

Not shocking the analysis shows that the Dolphins suck.

He’s gotten as ****ty a start in the NFL as anyone I’ve ever seen.

I assume (as per the subject of his thread) you're talking about Rosen?

So let's just say your declaration is a tad opinionated and typical of

this board as a binary assertion! No one around here was looking at

Rosen as a PROVEN NFL high-performance QB when we traded for him.

Point is -- he's a "high quality" prospect and ONLY 22 years old.

In base NFL evaluation terms he's maybe a 35% bet! Seems clear

to me the regime brought him in based on his perceived upside and

perhaps they knew he was not a guaranteed dominator at the NFL

QB level? But he has potential. Now factor that in with the rather

obvious that we've seen on the field and the kid certainly had a long way

to go -- and is STILL developing his NFL game amidst a TEAM developmental

year! All this means is that definitive judgements are way premature and

you need to give the process a little time. I'm not talking THill geological

time -- but MORE than 1 game as a starter!

:lol:

Last edited:
That's not accurate. The coaching staff that evaluated Rosen is not the same staff that is there now.

If you say the GM, that's a different story. They chose to take Murray because he is a much better fit for the current system.

It is rather naive to believe the coaching staff wanted Rosen and the GM decided to trade him. I expect better from you.

Most draft experts had Murray as the best QB in the draft. Your opinion is lazily formed.

No you’re just another sucker. RGIII was also the next best thing and where is he??? Pundits and critics all have opinions and they’re usually wrong. I’ll wait until after year 2 before I say he was the best. Please

a) they wanted him to compete for a job and Rosen declined.
b) it was a new coaching staff which from the get-go said they will draft Murray

When they fired the coaches (before hiring a new coach) the Cards GM said that they will focus on getting Rosen some weapons in the upcoming draft. Once Kingsburry arrived that changed because he wanted his own QB either via FA. draft or trade.

But honestly, no matter what the Cardinals did last year has no bearing on us this year. The Dolphins said from the get-go they will treat, teach and evaluate Rosen like a rookie. Rosen started with a clean sheet here.

It is rather naive to believe the coaching staff wanted Rosen and the GM decided to trade him. I expect better from you.
That's not what I said, at all. My point was that the current coaching staff never worked with him to evaluate. They had no interest in Rosen's pocket passer style, as it didn't fit the direction they were going.

I'm not a big fan of the type of offense Kingsbury is employing there, but JR certainly doesn't fit that type of O, and you don't put a square peg in a round hole.

AZ was in a situation wher they wanted Murray for very specific reasons, and they didn't want Rosen there for the simple reason they didn't want a QB controversy the instant there were inevitable struggles, as well as they didnt want Kyler looking over his shoulder.

I'm obviously speculating, but why else would the trade Rosen (a perfectly good backup on a rookie contract) for peanuts, with almost zero cap savings.

b) it was a new coaching staff which from the get-go said they will draft Murray

When they fired the coaches (before hiring a new coach) the Cards GM said that they will focus on getting Rosen some weapons in the upcoming draft. Once Kingsburry arrived that changed because he wanted his own QB either via FA. draft or trade.

But honestly, no matter what the Cardinals did last year has no bearing on us this year. The Dolphins said from the get-go they will treat, teach and evaluate Rosen like a rookie. Rosen started with a clean sheet here.

Too rational. Too Logical.

He's already 22-years old!

Teetering on over the hill!

:lol:

No you’re just another sucker. RGIII was also the next best thing and where is he??? Pundits and critics all have opinions and they’re usually wrong. I’ll wait until after year 2 before I say he was the best. Please
RG3 lead the NFL in QB rating, yards per attempt, yards per rush, and took his team to the playoffs his rookie season in the NFL. Don't let his injury that doomed him change the narrative that he was some bust.

That is indeed a lazily formed opinion.

He didn't decline at all. There were multiple articles written stating that he gladly welcomed the QB competition, but never got the chance. Most, including himself, speculated that the front office would've never allowed themselves to have Rosen win that competition because it would be their jobs on the line so they took the easy way out.

Here's one from a 2 second Google search: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/29/josh-rosen-arizona-cardinals-miami-dolphins-trade-draft

Back
Top Bottom