Sunday Member Only Practice Reports HERE!!!! | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Member Only Practice Reports HERE!!!!

I can see it now. Dolphins vs Steelers. 1:35 left in the game 3rd and 4 from Miami's 45. Miami has 2 TO's left. Game is tied 17-17.

Tua drops back to pass vs Pittsburgh's Zero Cover. Tua finds Reeek Streaking down the middle of the field. Tua drops and Absolute Dime. Tua with a beautifully placed throw. Hill with the catch and run for the TD.

Revenge is just Sweeeeeet.
Don’t you mean up 17 with 1:35 left in the game. And Tua is taking a knee.

I like it but it gives the qb half field reads primarily. What you don’t want is him rolling into free release edge defenders on the los however
Tua has seen that at least a half dozen times in 6 practices and is beating it with quick reactions and then being accurate as he goes over the top

There have been multiple reports of our interior DL being unblockable. And it seems like most of our explosive runs have been out wide with the inside runs being stuffed. But, I haven't heard of Eich specifically struggling. To be fair it's tough to see interior blocking from low stands.
impossible like i said before, anyone claiming i would question.

Tua has seen that at least a half dozen times in 6 practices and is beating it with quick reactions and then being accurate as he goes over the top
That free release edge defender is not going to drive Tua into the turf in practice. He will in a game, whether he makes the throw or not. QBs are not protected when they roll out like they are in the confines of the pocket. Let's not be silly playing Russian Roulette with our QBs health.

in order for this interior dline to go the top shelf level status quo you need Wilkins to take his game to yet another level pass rush impact wise on the qb and raekwon to give you another gaps worth of lateral flow coverage.
raekwon lost i would say 15 lbs to help in that regard.

guys having s great camp, for john jenkins..

leaner, quicker, more active
I think that's one reason they were comfortable letting Butler go. I know there was some situation with an injury and the CBA rules (not exactly clear on that) but it would seem Jenkins is ready to step into the rotation anyway.

From NFL.com

Miami's 'fierce' RB competition still unresolved

The Dolphins have a full stable of running backs thanks to the return of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed and the free-agent acquisitions of Sony Michel, Chase Edmonds and Raheem Mostert. The names promise to provide Miami with impressive depth, but there isn't a bell-cow among them, which means a competition to get first crack at the top of the lineup remains in full swing. Head coach Mike McDaniel is pleased with how things have shaken out thus far. "I'm very, very happy with that room," McDaniel told reporters Sunday. "It's one of my favorite rooms I've been around. The competition is fierce, but they're bringing the best out of each other. They get along. … They want to win the job. They don't want to be given it at the expense of someone else." As for McDaniel's process in carving out the RB depth chart, the first-year coach has stressed the importance of keeping an eye on only the year at hand. "I don't want to limit an opportunity by having a preconceived notion," he said. "There's guys that really got our running scheme early, maybe that have more history in it. But you don't shortchange the process of learning, nor do you really allow yourself to get ahead and predict the future." That means a player like Mostert, who spent the last five years with McDaniel in San Francisco, has the same position at the starting line as the rest of them.
from my POV Edmunds has been the most impressive, he’s decisive in his cuts and has a way of cutting the field up in angles..no drops either..

From NFL.com

Miami's 'fierce' RB competition still unresolved

The Dolphins have a full stable of running backs thanks to the return of Myles Gaskin and Salvon Ahmed and the free-agent acquisitions of Sony Michel, Chase Edmonds and Raheem Mostert. The names promise to provide Miami with impressive depth, but there isn't a bell-cow among them, which means a competition to get first crack at the top of the lineup remains in full swing. Head coach Mike McDaniel is pleased with how things have shaken out thus far. "I'm very, very happy with that room," McDaniel told reporters Sunday. "It's one of my favorite rooms I've been around. The competition is fierce, but they're bringing the best out of each other. They get along. … They want to win the job. They don't want to be given it at the expense of someone else." As for McDaniel's process in carving out the RB depth chart, the first-year coach has stressed the importance of keeping an eye on only the year at hand. "I don't want to limit an opportunity by having a preconceived notion," he said. "There's guys that really got our running scheme early, maybe that have more history in it. But you don't shortchange the process of learning, nor do you really allow yourself to get ahead and predict the future." That means a player like Mostert, who spent the last five years with McDaniel in San Francisco, has the same position at the starting line as the rest of them.
from my POV Edmunds has been the most impressive, his decisive in his cuts and has a way of cutting the field up in angles..no drops either.
For anyone who has been at camp this year, @djphinfan I know at least, do you know if McKinley has been playing on special teams? Seems like he's really been making his case for making the team in a backup capacity, but if he's out there on ST - more and more likely

I'm guessing Sherfield has been one of the main gunners too?
cant say for sure he has, but ive got to feel that he is.

Over a two hour practice today..tons of scrimmaging 11 on 11.

Tua had a nice practice, hes obviously moving better throwing deeper, hes boot legging to both sides constantly in this offense..Hesitation is a killer for defenders, happy our coach gets this simple concept.

so much misdirection in this offense…

hopefully they continue to give Hill the ball out of the backfield because he’s uncoversble as a receiver..deebo 2 no problem.

chase is in the lead for the #1 position, hes decisive, cuts the field up with angles in mind, and hasnt dropped a football in 6 practices.

how bout Verone mckinley getting his 2nd pick in as many days, this was against waddle, bith went up, and VM tips it to himself and comes down with it.

J phillips beat Coleman for a sack where he deeked coleman so bad he didnt touch him..Beautiful thing..Could be potential DPOY.

saw Austin get beat twice, both by Ogbah.

didnt see any bad snaps on the first team..Maybe Tuas adjustment worked.

Tua had a nice practice, layering the ball at all levels, the nose always going up and coming down..

like to see a bit more decisiveness climbing the pocket, but hes trying to trust his lineman at this stage i figure.

place was packed..

waddle had a couple drops today..hes jumping instead of extending sometimes, but thats what he always has done, not worried.

Hill had his first drop too but He heard Hollands footsteps and would if been incinerated in real time.

i think this Hodge kid replaces that Munson dude..He put himself in great position for a pick and just dropped it.

lets go kick some buc azz.

Back
Top Bottom