Suns vs. Spurs | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

For what it's worth:
"During an altercation, all players not taking part in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of the bench. Violators will be suspended without pay for a minimum of one game and fined up to $20,000.''

However, in response to this rule in the Lakers-Kings fight in 2002:
NBA vice president Stu Jackson said. "In this circumstance, our judgment was that the players who left the bench were attempting to break up the fight and did not escalate the altercation.''

Apparently intent comes into play and we have no idea what the intent was, assuming the rule hasn't changed since 2002. I have no idea how the league will interpret it, just thought this little google search might be interesting. Here be the link:
http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1028/1452258.html

And if he does get suspended and the Spurs take it, should they get an asterisk too? Please. If you hate the Suns so damn much, you should be hoping for their defeat straight up. What you are hoping for is akin to wishing injury upon someone to make it easier for your team to win. We stomped your boys in the first round, get over it. You could take a page from most Spurs fans' book and get some ****ing class.

Apparently our 1999 title has an asterisk next to it since it was a shorter season then normal :rolleyes2

Apparently our 1999 title has an asterisk next to it since it was a shorter season then normal :rolleyes2
And that is ridiculous too, but apparently some whiny fans need it to make themselves feel better. Don't count me amongst them.

Wow you guys sure do love to rush to judgement don't you. The point is that a rule was broken and it needs to be enforced. Other than you two, all my Suns fan friends who I have talked to want them to be suspended too. They don't want any excuses to accompany the possibility of a title. You too should want the Suns to win the title straight up, and that would include those guys being suspended.

Let me make it clear, I hate Raja Bell, I don't hate the Suns. Their style of play is refreshing and I hope other teams start picking up the pace a bit.

Until Bell is gone I can't ever root 100% for the Suns, but if they can win this series after Amare and Diaw are suspended (assuming it happens) I've all ready told my friend's I'd start pulling for them, especially if they lose game 5 and go down 3-2.

You guys are a little too easy to get worked up, and it has nothing to do with the spanking you gave my boys in the first round. If we had a prayer in that series it might have upset me. I didn't even watch a single game! I went to Hawaii and just assumed they'd get spanked and decided to enjoy my trip and not tune in. Turned out it was a very wise decision. If anything I thank the Suns for spanking us, it got Kobe to speak out and hopefully will get Management to wake up.

For the record, I all ready said more than once that it's a stupid rule that needs to be rewritten, but as is those guys have to be suspended or the Front office looks even stupider than usual on their lousy discipline decisions.

And that is ridiculous too, but apparently some whiny fans need it to make themselves feel better. Don't count me amongst them.

Don't worry, you're all ready counted amongst the loud/obnoxious/assumption making fans and they won't trade you.

:lol:

Just messing with ya, but man you got a bit too worked up over my comments. Obviously I should have made my intent a bit clearer, but I think I did in my last post, if not, I'm here all day...

The Suns can win the title, but even as a Suns fan you have to want them to do it straight up, not with exceptions made by the league. It's a stupid rule, but it's a rule. You and I both know they can win without Amare and Diaw. It would make a title even better to overcome that.

For what it's worth:
"During an altercation, all players not taking part in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of the bench. Violators will be suspended without pay for a minimum of one game and fined up to $20,000.''

However, in response to this rule in the Lakers-Kings fight in 2002:
NBA vice president Stu Jackson said. "In this circumstance, our judgment was that the players who left the bench were attempting to break up the fight and did not escalate the altercation.''

Apparently intent comes into play and we have no idea what the intent was, assuming the rule hasn't changed since 2002. I have no idea how the league will interpret it, just thought this little google search might be interesting. Here be the link:
http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1028/1452258.html

That article makes it all really interesting. Will they turn this into a "special situation" or will they follow what they have done every other time? The other one was a special situation because the fight took place in the tunnel etc...what would make this one "special" ???

Yeah I'm sure Amare was subbing in exactly after Horry thinks he's the Ultimate Warrior.

Anyway, good win guys. You needed it bad and the Spurs blew it.

You guys had more free throw attempts and less fouls so that can't be an excuse this time. SA had the game in hand all game but stunk bad down the stretch.

The way it is now, I see Phoenix taking the series in 7. This was the Spurs' best chance to take the commanding lead and they blew it.

Anybody but Utah/Detroit/Cleveland, please win the title.

Thank you very much for this post. We come full circle, as I was finding it VERY hard to still like the Spurs (I really really have always rooted for them except against the Suns)...and now with the VERY CLASSY post, I find it much easier to "Like" the Spurs again.

Good luck, and I hope nobody gets hurt in the last couple of days. Win or Lose, this is easily becoming a series that will be remembered....

If he doesn't get suspended and the Suns win the title you may as well put an asterisk next to that title in the record books...

Dude, enough with the damn asterisk crap. Phil Jackson was wrong, and now so are you.

Dude, enough with the damn asterisk crap. Phil Jackson was wrong, and now so are you.

Read the rest of the thread genius...you act like I'm just tossing asterisks out everywhere I go.

Read the rest of the thread genius...you act like I'm just tossing asterisks out everywhere I go.

Okay, and if the Spurz win, where Bowens didnt get suspended or Horry, does an Asterisk go next to it?

I think the league is gonna let by-gones be by-gones and let them play.

And you Aunt had ****s she would be my Uncle:wink:

Okay, and if the Spurz win, where Bowens didnt get suspended or Horry, does an Asterisk go next to it?

I think the league is gonna let by-gones be by-gones and let them play.

And you Aunt had ****s she would be my Uncle:wink:

Bowen's knee wasn't suspension worthy, that kind of garbage happens all the time. We all know he is dirty, but it was a tough situation to figure out his intent. Guys clear other guys out all the time. Did he intend to knock him in the crotch, I wouldn't put it past him, but it was a tough situation to interpret.

If Horry doesn't get at least two games, that's garbage!

Bowen's knee wasn't suspension worthy, that kind of garbage happens all the time. We all know he is dirty, but it was a tough situation to figure out his intent. Guys clear other guys out all the time. Did he intend to knock him in the crotch, I wouldn't put it past him, but it was a tough situation to interpret.

If Horry doesn't get at least two games, that's garbage!

:sidelol: -You have to be kidding me. Bowens knee was 10X more flagrant than Horry last night.

Tell you what. You stand in front of me with your arms wide open and let me knee you directly in the beanbag.....

AZ--->:azmang:<----Quentek25

LOL, sorry, but everyone who grew up playing basketball was taught to clear a guy out to get extra space. You swing a knee/leg through to the body, or you swing your arms through across their arms if they're extended. Or through their head if you're Karl Malone. The defender either moves out of the way and you accomplish what you wanted, or they stay put, you get an offensive foul call and hope they start giving you more space.

A foul was called on the play, and then it was upgraded after the game. That's all it warranted, but you're a Suns fan so I would expect you to disagree.

I try to keep an open mind on things that don't involve my team, but know I'm biased when it comes to them. That's my honest opinion on this one.

Horry's intentions were to body check Nash, Bowen's are up in the air (on this play at least).

Back
Top Bottom