Tannehill allegedly insults Practce squad DBs (Maybe) | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill allegedly insults Practce squad DBs (Maybe)

Oh yea the pressure was coming but he throw it to early with a defender in good position, could of waited and absorbed a hit or throw it more to the outside.and the Jax game the play was for the TE on the out, it was a quick 2-3 steps the ball was suppose to come out and he hesitated.....not sure if he didn't like who he was throwing to the 3rd string TE in such a dangerous place on the field in a tie game with less than 3 min remaining, so I don't blame him for not throwing it but he has to get the hell out of there or throw it over the TE head out of bounds....sitting on your goal line on a 2-3 step drop back the line is expecting that ball to be to gone quick.....he was just as much to blame for that strip as Fox.....

My blame on the strip sack goes
- Fox 60% - That is just not a block at all
- Play call 20% - Why is your 3rd string TE the only short route?
- Tannehill 20% - Can't take a sack. Not sure how you know the LT is going to completely whiff, but hey, give the QB at least some of the blame.

My blame on the strip sack goes
- Fox 60% - That is just not a block at all
- Play call 20% - Why is your 3rd string TE the only short route?
- Tannehill 20% - Can't take a sack. Not sure how you know the LT is going to completely whiff, but hey, give the QB at least some of the blame.

I give it 35%-35%-30....Fox is a back up LT got to know your personal and get rid of the ball and the play call was atrocious, not only putting a 3rd string TE on that route but use play action when your RB had 10 touches up to that point and you think anyone is fooled by play action with 3 minutes left in a tie game??? I changed my mind 40% for play call and 30% RT and 30% for Fox...the coach has to be better than that.....

Yah again what version of the truth are you going pay attention to? He did nothing wrong trash talking is part of the game - ever heard of garbage TDS garbage sacks and garbage YAC? - when the game doesn't matter anymore the points and yards don't matter - - neither do practice INTs - it's a non story that a player made into a story - kick the ass off the team
Don't know if anyone posted this in this thread yet, but Tannehill has admitted to saying part of what was reported...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/10/8/9478249/ryan-tannehill-practice-squad-paycheck-miami-dolphins

"... but admits to being a jerk to scout team."

I absolutely love how these writers still continue to try to throw the Jerk Title of Ryan...Amazing

Maybe these writers in the Offseason should watch what actually happens in a walk through, and hold off watching Rudy for a bit.

"... but admits to being a jerk to scout team."

I absolutely love how these writers still continue to try to throw the Jerk Title of Ryan...Amazing

Maybe these writers in the Offseason should watch what actually happens in a walk through, and hold off watching Rudy for a bit.

They are not doing their job if they aren't creating sensational headlines to get clicks. The worst has been all the "Brady Pays His Practice Squad Players..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah again what version of the truth are you going pay attention to? He did nothing wrong trash talking is part of the game - ever heard of garbage TDS garbage sacks and garbage YAC? - when the game doesn't matter anymore the points and yards don't matter - - neither do practice INTs - it's a non story that a player made into a story - kick the ass off the team

I didn't offer an opinion on it, I simply posted a link to an article where RT admits saying part of what he was accused of saying. While the rumor may or may not be wholly truthful, at least part of it is true. Some in this thread (at least at the beginning...I didn't read too far into it) said that RT wouldn't have said the things he was accused of saying because it was out of character. Now RT is owning up to part of it. So now we can reasonably assume that much of the original story is true.

I give it 35%-35%-30....Fox is a back up LT got to know your personal and get rid of the ball and the play call was atrocious, not only putting a 3rd string TE on that route but use play action when your RB had 10 touches up to that point and you think anyone is fooled by play action with 3 minutes left in a tie game??? I changed my mind 40% for play call and 30% RT and 30% for Fox...the coach has to be better than that.....

This is a fair assessment. We don't have to agree on the exact numbers, but clearly you are looking at the whole picture and realize there is plenty of blame to go around.

Its a shotgun short set theres nothing about that that says he should get the ball out to the tight end on the jax play...both the boundary are working depth post routes he is looking to the post when he gets hit blindside...you dont like the play call backed that far up thats fine i dont disagree but thats totally on the left tackle...its a single deep safety shaded top side hes looking bottom side like he should and hes hit...the progression is the bottom side post the tight end seam out cut and then the back sitting in the middle of the field

Hes got that bottom side post if he can just wait on it to clear the drop out seam db...if he doesnt like it he would have dumped to the back cause the bottom side out by the time the post clears the drop seam db would have been off the table...

In other words hes waiting on that post route...had he seen more of a 2 deep look he probably looks to that tight end seam out cut first assuming the route combos are the same...look to the alignment of the bottom side safety presnap hes tight to the bottom side hash 8 yards off...tannehill sees that and pre snap decides to look to the bottom side vertical post as he should post snap...the only reason he looks to the tight end seam early post snap is to try to influence that pre snap 8 yards off safety post snap into taking false steps toward the tight end seam out cut so he can bang the vertical post in front of the influenced safety

Protect the damn qb...the dump option the back sitting in the middle of the field hasnt even cleared the linemen when tannys hit

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell is Chris McCain? Why is he still on the team. The guy has done nothing in the league. Cut him and be done with it...

When he was intercepted by rookie defensive back Tony Lippett, Tannehill "got after Lippett," Breer wrote, adding that "some defensive guys took exception with that."

On the subsequent snap, linebacker Chris McCain ran through a "mock" cut block and broke up Tannehill's pass. From there, "Tannehill's temper flared," per Breer. "McCain responded by saying that someone compensated at Tannehill's level should just get the ball there. And from there, defensive players were going after the ball."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...emerge-on-tannehill-incident-at-fins-practice

Details finally emerge about the fact it was not a competitive practice. But the damage is already done. Tannehill gets upset in "practice", makes rude condescending comments, and has to have the coaches tell guys to take it easy. That's the narrative drummed up, sold, and delivered.

Its a shotgun short set theres nothing about that that says he should get the ball out to the tight end on the jax play...both the boundary are working depth post routes he is looking to the post when he gets hit blindside...you dont like the play call backed that far up thats fine i dont disagree but thats totally on the left tackle...its a single deep safety shaded top side hes looking bottom side like he should and hes hit...the progression is the bottom side post the tight end seam out cut and then the back sitting in the middle of the field

Hes got that bottom side post if he can just wait on it to clear the drop out seam db...if he doesnt like it he would have dumped to the back cause the bottom side out by the time the post clears the drop seam db would have been off the table...

In other words hes waiting on that post route...had he seen more of a 2 deep look he probably looks to that tight end seam out cut first assuming the route combos are the same...look to the alignment of the bottom side safety presnap hes tight to the bottom side hash 8 yards off...tannehill sees that and pre snap decides to look to the bottom side vertical post as he should post snap...the only reason he looks to the tight end seam early post snap is to try to influence that pre snap 8 yards off safety post snap into taking false steps toward the tight end seam out cut so he can bang the vertical post in front of the influenced safety

Protect the damn qb...the dump option the back sitting in the middle of the field hasnt even cleared the linemen when tannys hit

Most people on this site look at what might be possible without any regard for route progression. None. If a CB falls done on the far opposite side of the field while covering the 4th read, they're screaming "WHY DIDN'T HE THROW IT THERE?". They've got the all-22 on freeze frame - "SEE this guy is open!"

Props on trying to educate people but I'm not sure it will help.

PracticeGate is so overblown it could only happen to the Dolphins. Just win games, this other stuff is wickedly boring....

Who the hell is Chris McCain? Why is he still on the team. The guy has done nothing in the league. Cut him and be done with it...

McCain has had issues with his (lack of) maturity long before Miami. Many wondered what happened after a promising start last year, now we see why he doesn't get PT

Back
Top Bottom