Tannehill Down In Flames | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Down In Flames

I counted Tannehill had almost 4 seconds in the pocket before he fumbled. Ball should have been out or he needed to bail

It is pretty much a given now (and has been so since last week's loss to the Jags), that Tannehill's days as a Fin are over. With that being said, I'm not sure what joy people are getting out of posts such as this one which state the obvious. The guy is toast so just let things play out naturally instead of cheering on his (as well as our) failures.

It is pretty much a given now (and has been so since last week's loss to the Jags), that Tannehill's days as a Fin are over. With that being said, I'm not sure what joy people are getting out of posts such as this one which state the obvious. The guy is toast so just let things play out naturally instead of cheering on his (as well as our) failures.

At the start of the season when we started 3-0 certain posters made threads calling out all the doubters and tannehill non believers. This is just the universe creating balance.

you “sad” guys should be happy that some changes are finally coming. Ryan Tannehill was never a good QB and some of you defended him to the death after it was apparent years ago. I think you’re more “sad” that you have to finally face the fact that you were very wrong over and over again

That is the perfect summary. The Ryan Tannehill era has been defined by millions of wasted adjuster words and threads. His devotees have demonstrated considerably more passion and adjustment than Tannehill ever has.

He has the size and frame and arm, and accuracy in certain situations. That has allowed the tape guys to be suckered and fooled, even top echelon ones like Bill Polian, who should know better.

Tannehill has never been elite and doesn't think of himself that way. He would be perfectly content to remain at this exact level until his body no longer allows it, wasting away two decades of our football rooting lives in the process. It would never dawn on him that anything was wrong. Bokamper could ask a question at age 80 and 45ish Tannehill would respond, "That's huge."

I began the day rooting the Dolphins. But after the first interception I was thinking...this is not going to happen...and consequently it is best if Ryan Tannehill goes down in flames, so Stephen Ross in that booth flies back to Miami with no doubt at all. I was actually rooting for a third pick throughout the second half.

BTW, the first interception really should have been a pick six. All Tremaine Edmunds had to do was remain along the left sideline. Several Bills players were in disbelief he didn't do that, notably Jerry Hughes, who threw his hands up in the air at the missed opportunity for a defensive score.

Mostly I was happy that the bettors left this game alone at Bills -5.5. If it had gone up to -6 or higher consensus I was supposed to take the Dolphins. I guess there's a reason the system kicks in at 6. Amazing how many times I have been saved by that. In the early years I would grab any 6 if available, until I realized it had to be the consensus closing number, because that is what I am charting while backfitting the systems...the closing consensus number. This game will be -5.5 on that table.

Tannehill has never been elite and doesn't think of himself that way. He would be perfectly content to remain at this exact level until his body no longer allows it, wasting away two decades of our football rooting lives in the process. It would never dawn on him that anything was wrong. Bokamper could ask a question at age 80 and 45ish Tannehill would respond, "That's huge."
:lol:

Man, Mayfield is so good. Two picks today and I don’t care. Watching him command the pocket is awesome. Just evaded two dead-to-rights sacks and threw a strike 50 yards downfield to get the Browns in FG-range....after taking over inside his 10 with less than 40 seconds to go.

Tannehill was a huge mistake at #8. And that's not even hindsight.

Kuechly was the obvious value pick. Foles/Wilson were better prospects coming out and available in round 2.

Miami is always overwhelmed at the draft.

Back
Top Bottom