Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

The Green Bay and Detroit games in 2014 specifically killed me.

The ones that stick with me the most are the Seattle, Carolina, Indy and Baltimore games. Because not only did we have a 4th quarter lead in those, we lost them due to WR/OL error on top of the defense giving up game winning drives. Stills’ drop was the only one to happen outside of the last drive.

For most of us it isn't a debate. But thanks for playing.

Which is what our front office has been thinking since drafting Tannethrill. I really hope he balls out this year and leads us to the playoffs and maybe more, but on the flip side, I don't want to wait around till his retirement speech to realize he was nothing more than a mediocre quarterback.

Tannehill is Gase's guy now whether he likes it or not. If Adam Gase wanted a new quarterback, he could have traded up for one, or went out and pursued someone like Teddy Bridgewater. He chose not to do any of that.

He had the perfect excuse to do it with Tannehill's injury situation and absolutely refused to make any move to bring in competition for the starting job.

Ryan Tannehill is 100% Adam Gase's 'guy' now.
Not only now but for at least the 2019 season as well. It'd cost over 13mill on dead money to cut him then and if they keep him he'll make almost 27mill so forget about him being a back up. Nope, the moment they restructured his contract the deal was sealed. Gase and company will live or die with Tannehill as their QB.

I'll add this, once they re did his contract they were not going to draft a QB this year just to let him sit for two whole years

who peed in your cereal? we're all going to be so happy when the season is underway. i truly hope you'll be able to enjoy it along with the rest of us when our O is really clicking this year. ' cause it will.

I really hope he balls out this year and leads us to the playoffs and maybe more, but on the flip side, I don't want to wait around till his retirement speech to realize he wasnothing more than a mediocrequarterback.

well if you saw him in 2016 and still thinks he's mediocre, I'll end your suspense.
He'll be mediocre from here on out.

Which is what our front office has been thinking since drafting Tannethrill. I really hope he balls out this year and leads us to the playoffs and maybe more, but on the flip side, I don't want to wait around till his retirement speech to realize he was nothing more than a mediocre quarterback.

FWIW, and you probably have seen me post the past couple of seasons (as FishTank -- have had difficulty getting into that account), as one who has typically supported Tannehill, the very thing I would like to see more of from him is visible disappointment with failed drives, missed blocking assignments, broken routes, etc., but that is also the thing that probably (under the sh*tty coaches this team has had) would have gotten him bounced from the team or into the dog house at the very least. My ideal QB would have chewed Joe Philbin's ass off (behind closed doors, obviously) and stood up as a voice of reason when coach is making poor decisions. Truth is, there aren't many (if any) of those guys straight out of college -- look at where Andrew Luck is now.

To hammer on Tannehill for not pushing this offense down the field is also to suggest that he needs to stop being such a nice guy when players (like Jarvis Landry) are holding back plays. Imagine Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers dealing with a receiver half-heartedly running a route that causes the secondary to key in on where the play is supposed to go? I can already see the spit flying in that situation. Ryan Tannehill seems like a cool personality, but when guys are getting penalized we need him to help sharpen the focus of the offense and not F things up...

Last edited:
To anyone who appreciated a well run, successful NFL team/QB, it would.
I grew up in the Griese Shula era, and everything after. You may not like Gase orTannehill but they’re the best we’ve had since. I wasn’t a fan of the Jimmy Johnson approach. I think he built a great defense but he kind of halfassed offense.
The combo of Parcells and Ireland f__ked this franchise for years, this team is still reeling from that debacle.

FWIW, and you probably have seen me post the past couple of seasons (as FishTank -- have had difficulty getting into that account), as one who has typically supported Tannehill, the very thing I would like to see more of from him is visible disappointment with failed drives, missed blocking assignments, broken routes, etc., but that is also the thing that probably (under the sh*tty coaches this team has had) would have gotten him bounced from the team or into the dog house at the very least. My ideal QB would have chewed Joe Philbin's *** off (behind closed doors, obviously) and stood up as a voice of reason when coach is making poor decisions. Truth is, there aren't many (if any) of those guys straight out of college -- look at where Andrew Luck is now.

To hammer on Tannehill for not pushing this offense down the field is also to suggest that he needs to stop being such a nice guy when players (like Jarvis Landry) are holding back plays. Imagine Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers dealing with a receiver half-heartedly running a route that causes the secondary to key in on where the play is supposed to go? I can already see the spit flying in that situation. Ryan Tannehill seems like a cool personality, but when guys are getting penalized we need him to help sharpen the focus of the offense and not F things up...

Drama and emotion are more of a fan. Using your preferred on field behavior we would need to teach chest beating, cursing and sobbing as part of training camp. I prefer a single minded form of introspection coupled leading to performance improvement in place of chest beating. My wife watches the Hallmark channel to get her "emotional fix" for the day, maybe that would be a helpful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom