Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

....My gripe with the Tannehill trade was why on earth did we use a 1st rnd pick on a QB who had lost 2 out of 3 starting jobs in his 3 years at A&M. It was such a reach

Teen, what are you talking about??? Tannehill never lost a starting job. He did take a few starting jobs from upperclassmen, though.

I wish there was some kind of posting penalties for people who post outright lies. oh well....

When the newly drafted QBs come in and by year two are excelling and have their teams forgetting about that position for the next 15 years, we have a QB problem if ours isn't ahead of them or at least equal to them. Watson, Wentz, Keenum, Prescott, Wilson, Goff, Mariota, Carr............

You watched a 14/17, 100yd performance in less than 1 half of play, and you think the QB is the problem?

You were supposedly a fan during the Cam Cameron years, and THIS is the most discusted you've been?

Man, I really don't want to be rude, but everything you've posted makes me thing you either havent watched one minute of Dolphins football, or just a very poorly disguised troll.
I never sad he was terrible??? he is avg. roster is not ready for sb. he may be better suited for Jags than dolphins. but dolphins roster can be playoff team w better qb. you may agree you may not..i am not on here fight w nobody. I am just fan looking at big pictures.

Last edited:
I never sad he was terrible??? he is avg. roster is not ready for sb. he may be better suited for Jags than dolphins. but dolphins roster can be playoff team w better qb. you may agree you may not..i am not on here fight w nobody. I am just fan looking at big pictures.
I was responding to the OP, not you.

To some of you guys theres no QB in the world that would be an upgrade over Tannehill

Who are these "you guys"?" Care to back up this statement?

Also who is this imaginary QB we could enter in the line up to compete with Tannehill?

I would take Bridgewater in a heart beat. Gase doesn't want any QB brought in who will be serious competition to Tannehill. Tannehill has been coddled since he was drafted.

I'm curious why would you take Bridgewater in a heartbeat over Tannehill? Is it his 86.3 career QB ranking (Tannehill 86.5)? Or is it his career TD to Int. ratio 28-22 (Tannehill 106-66). Or must be his durability.....

Teen, what are you talking about??? Tannehill never lost a starting job. He did take a few starting jobs from upperclassmen, though.

I wish there was some kind of posting penalties for people who post outright lies. oh well....

How about posting penalties for people like you who have no clue what you're talking about (or, have drank the Kool Aid and been brainwashed to forget it). He's right......Tannehill indeed "lost" out on the starting job in 2008 (his first season) to Stephen McGee...he also lost out on the BACKUP QB spot that year to Jerod Johnson....that's when they moved him to WR. In 2009 Tannehill AGAIN lost out as A&M starting QB to Johnson and played WR almost full time (he took less than a dozen snaps as QB).

In 2010 he split time with Johnson before taking over more than halfway into the season.

So....he had only one full season as starting QB for Texas A&M ...2011 - his senior year. And this franchise not only foolishly rolled the dice on him at the outset but then compounded their foolishness by extending him to a ridiculous contract extension a few years ago....all this for a 1.5 year college QB who initially couldn't beat out now no names for the starting job and still hasn't done anything earth shattering here for 7 years except exhibit "toughness" - which I admit he has in spades but which doesn't necessarily make him a fantastic QB.

As we all know from playing or our interest in sports, the common saying when a player is beat out of a starting spot is that he "lost" the position. Unless you're trying to be cute pushing the idea that he didn't lose the starting job once he had it...which is being either ignorantly or purposely obtuse in defense of him because he still did "lose out" on it to non pro level talent QBs for 2.5 years.

But hey!, he completed 1 pass with 1 attempt in 2008 giving him a 100% passing stat and 160+ QB rating!!!.....I'm sure some here would use that (as they try to use most of his stats to convince others and themselves how good RT supposedly is) as proof that he's a great passer, LOL.

Last edited:
I would take Bridgewater in a heart beat. Gase doesn't want any QB brought in who will be serious competition to Tannehill. Tannehill has been coddled since he was drafted.
yeah he'd be a reliable backup if he can stay healthy.

If under center behind the 2 worst OLs in 2 straight years and quietly pissing blood without complaint, or being "developed" by Sherman's unnqualified nepotistic Son in law was being "coddled" then I guess you're on to something!

yeah he'd be a reliable backup if he can stay healthy.

If under center behind the 2 worst OLs in 2 straight years and quietly pissing blood without complaint, or being "developed" by Sherman's unnqualified nepotistic Son in law was being "coddled" then I guess you're on to something!
joe didn't care for him also, so how could he be coddled.

Wow. What a thread so far, seems the right time for one more Tannehill megathread of good vs evil

OP, @MrChadRico , just curious why you believe these things:
-cant read a defense
-cant call audibles
-awful pocket presence
-bad in the red zone
-hasnt improved in "7" years

See, I disagree because he has shown since year 1 marked improvement in different aspects of his game. His critics would say his deep ball was terrible (mostly w/ Wallace, because his rookie year he showed the ability to throw decent deep balls w/ good pass protection) Also in his rookie year he was calling audibles- Bill Lazor took that ability away and we ran his bunk ass offense. It was good at first but after figured out it went downhill fast, no audibles and few adjustments to be made in plays. Sherman may have had audibles, but he also ran a dinosaur offense and the dreaded Go, Go-go... Pocket presence? I guess you can say it was bad, dude hardly ever had a pocket early in his career, but if you didn't see improvement in his pocket play in 2016 you are blind. Can't read a defense? yeah.... no. He's a smart player and thats something he is good at. One weakness, probably would be he doesnt tend to see lurking LBs underneath sometimes, but that doesn't mean he isnt good at reading a defense and going through his progressions. People complain about checkdowns, but he protects the ball and thats a bad thing? You'd rather force a throw into double coverage, or an unfavorable situation? Anyways, whatever, welcome to the forum, hopefully you like it around here after awhile.

Yes, Tannenbaum is bad. However, Gase is good coach, I will stand by that for now until I'm convince otherwise. Play calling in the second pre season game isnt going to change my opinion. Neither is running an offense more suited to Cutler, and players unwilling to put in the time to get better and learn the offense and what is asked of them

Can't read defenses and calling effective audibles go hand and hand. Unless Tannehill is instructed to repeatedly throw 3 yard passes on 3rd and long or is forced to hand the ball off on 3rd and 15, hes garbage at calling audibles. He has been his whole career, I don't think he was even allowed to call an audible until year 3. When you cant read a secondary, these things happen.

The pocket presence thing should not need an explanation, I can't even begin to count how many times Tannehills took a sack when he could have stepped up 6 inches or slid left a foot and delivered the ball down field. Instead someone grabs his ankle and down he does like doughnut at Curves.

In Tannehills career he has not been good in the red zone, I've been told, probably 50 times since joining the board 3 days ago, that Tannehill was the best red zone qb in the NFL in 2016, but he didn't finish 2016 healthy so I don't see how thats even possible and he wasn't good in the red zone for the majority if his career.

We havnt seen enough of Tannehill in the last 2 years to say he's made any improvement. In fact, what's been put on film in this meaningless preseason makes me think hes worse than he was in 2016. Also it's year 7, that is a long time to be a QB for one team in the NFL, a very long time. Look at teams like the Chiefs who just kicked Alex Smith out the door to make room for a young guy. Alex Smith is a very good QB, miles better than Tannehill. Or the Redskins, they had Cousins who's younger than Tannehill and very comparable to Tannehill in my assessment and they kicked him out of the locker room. We have been way to patient with Tannehill as our QB. Put it this way, I'll agree Tannehill is probably better in year 7 than year 1, but even in year 7 he's simply not good enough to take this team anywhere. I think Tannehill can manage a game effectively but hes not a top 20 QB in the league. A poll of coaches and front office people just ranked all the starting QBS and had Tannehill as the 27th best QB entering the 2018 season.

This franchise needs to get lucky and hit on a franchise QB, and we don't have that guy yet. I'm sorry if you bought a Tannehill jersey and don't want it to lose value but in order for this team to turn the corner we need a different QB. The rest of our roster is just not good enough to hide Tannehills inefficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom