Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

Hello Finheaven posters, I'm ChadRico, I'm new to Finheaven, ....

Welcome to the site Rico. I hope the welcome gang didnt scare you off. I also think their assumptions or snooping of your post history at the other forums is tasteless.

I agree very much with your post and thought it was very well written for a first post. As you already might have figured out, we have a bunch of self certified experts on this site, who will battle you til death on any subject no matter how meaningless.

Truthfully the stats and facts are on your side, and you didnt even mention our horrible linebackers, defensive tackles and lack of depth at every position except WR.

Dont let these blowhards make you doubt yourself in your assessment, this team is and has been bad for a long time.

We made the playoffs a couple of years ago by luck because we had superstars like Jay Ajayi and Landry who carried us there with incredible performances and then we let them walk because Gase didnt like them or couldnt control them, and then people **** all over our former players when they left and attributed our success to our over his head coach. An offensive guru who has had horrible offenses for his entire tenure here, even while Ajayi and Landry did great.

Welcome to the site, and dont let all of these homers scare you with their pitchforks. Your opinion is shared by many.

Grier is the GM and who he was talking about. Tannenbaum is the VP of football/used car salesman/snake oil/pyramid scheme/grifter/conman/send your bank account # to be the Prince of Nairobi operations.

LOL

“Superstars” is not what I’d call them.

Really? One of them might be a hall of famer this early into his career. The other performed a feat that no other player currently in the league has. Ajayi went to the probowl that year.

Now I understand that they are gone and you guys dont have to delude yourself like you guys do on every player on the team, like Davon Godchaux and his "potential", but don't be ignorant to the obvious.

If you say Landry only did good because we threw him the ball all the time, wait til you see Amendola catch about the same number of balls, and not do half the things he did. Let us see how good Amendola can block downfield to spring Kenyon Drake for a long run. Wont happen.

Really? One of them might be a hall of famer this early into his career. The other performed a feat that no other player currently in the league has. Ajayi went to the probowl that year.

Now I understand that they are gone and you guys dont have to delude yourself like you guys do on every player on the team, like Davon Godchaux and his "potential", but don't be ignorant to the obvious.

If you say Landry only did good because we threw him the ball all the time, wait til you see Amendola catch about the same number of balls, and not do half the things he did. Let us see how good Amendola can block downfield to spring Kenyon Drake for a long run. Wont happen.

I have Ajayi in a dynasty league and I've been watching him this preseason, and he hasn't been that good. He takes a hit but is a real liability in the passing game. Blocking is atrocious.

Amendola won't catch as many and that's not an indictment. Just more balance this year. Landry is a tad overrated for sure though

welcome aboard Mr. Sunshine!

you hated us at Hello. you hated us at HELLO!

Last edited:
Gase specifically said we are not going to show our redzone offense. Tannehill played well and did what he was told and we probably would have scored a TD if not for another offensive holding call. None of which are the fault of the people you mentioned. Tannehill is a very solid QB if the OL plays at least average. The issues on this team since Tannehill was drafted is 90% OL and depth on the OL. Tannehill was 11-4 in 15-16 when Albert, Pouncey, and James played the game and that OL still was below average, but not a complete joke. Simple, protect Tannehill and we win games.

Why would anyone need to make an excuse for a QB that led a below average roster to the playoffs? We keep having these debates because people keep ignoring reality.

Here are the debates of the first 5 years:

Doubters' premises:
1. He was a WR in college, he'll never adjust to the pro game (false)
2. He hands are too small, he'll fumble all the time (false)
3. He can't read defenses (false)
4. He can't throw the long ball (false}
5. He locks onto one receiver (false and mutually exclusive with the next)
6. He leaves the primary receiver too quickly and checks down all the time (false)
7. He never looks off defenders (false)
8. All the team needs is for him go achieve an 88 passer rating (met and goal post moved)
9. All he needs to do is lead the team to the playoffs (met and goal post moved)
10. He needs to be a leader and get in people's faces (not the rookies!!! or the practice squad players)

Supporters' premises:
1. With better coaching, he'll be fine (true)
2. With a better OL, sacks will go down and he'll be fine (true)
3. Mike Wallace sucks (true)
4. Hartline is overrated (true)
5. Clabo, McKinnie, Martin, Thomas, Turner, etc, etc, etc all suck (true, true, true, true, true, true, etc, etc, etc)
6. Joe Philbin sucks and should not be a HC (true)
7. Mike Sherman is a dinosaur and shouldn't be in the league anymore (true)
8. Bill Lazor should not be an OC (true)
9. Tannehill should have the ability to audible (true)
10. They need to take advantage of play action passing (true)
11. They need to take advantage of his ability to throw on the run (true)
12. They need to take advantage of his running ability (true)

so if thill17 was all that he wouldn't be rank 27 best qb in nfl.
he have never been higher than 23 ranking in nfl... the only people that give him respect in nfl is some of dolphins fan.. nobody else respect thill17 in nfl.that including 31 other team, espn, nfl network, players and so on.. thill17 is just avg player in nfl. nothing more and nothing less...if we get 2good yr out of 4 or 5 yr. we should be happy...

You watched a 14/17, 100yd performance in less than 1 half of play, and you think the QB is the problem?

You were supposedly a fan during the Cam Cameron years, and THIS is the most discusted you've been?

Man, I really don't want to be rude, but everything you've posted makes me thing you either havent watched one minute of Dolphins football, or just a very poorly disguised troll.

so if thill17 was all that he wouldn't be rank 27 best qb in nfl.

Why?

he have never been higher than 23 ranking in nfl... the only people that give him respect in nfl is some of dolphins fan.. nobody else respect thill17 in nfl.that including 31 other team, espn, nfl network, players and so on..

Are you sure? How long did it take you to talk to all of those people? Seems like a lot of work.

thill17 is just avg player in nfl. nothing more and nothing less...if we get 2good yr out of 4 or 5 yr. we should be happy...

In your opinion. Mine is different.

Gase specifically said we are not going to show our redzone offense. Tannehill played well and did what he was told and we probably would have scored a TD if not for another offensive holding call. None of which are the fault of the people you mentioned. Tannehill is a very solid QB if the OL plays at least average. The issues on this team since Tannehill was drafted is 90% OL and depth on the OL. Tannehill was 11-4 in 15-16 when Albert, Pouncey, and James played the game and that OL still was below average, but not a complete joke. Simple, protect Tannehill and we win games.

What really pisses me off is that many of us predicted he would do well with a decent OL BEFORE WE HAD ANY stretches of decent OL play. We were laughed at and told we were making excuses. Then it actually happens and the doubters simply ignore it. Unbelievable.

"May a love starved fruit fly molest your sister’s nectarines" - Harry Bagpipe

Wow this post.....just

you may be young, but this is a takeoff on Johnny Carson's great Carnac who would insult the audience with these kind of barbs after they hissed or booed his weak jokes.

Kudos to Bagpipe- that is hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom