Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

He doesn't fit into a binary bad/good narrative. He's an above average QB with limitations. He doesn't elevate players around him. Inconsistent when the game speeds up.

If Tannenhill was on the Jaguars they'd be a contender.

Miami should draft Easton Stick in 2019, and all front 7 defensive players.

He doesn't fit into a binary bad/good narrative. He's an above average QB with limitations. He doesn't elevate players around him. Inconsistent when the game speeds up.

If Tannenhill was on the Jaguars they'd be a contender.

Miami should draft Easton Stick in 2019, and all front 7 defensive players.

Did you see Kenny Stills numbers when Osweiler was in there?

He has 3041 net passing yards on 461 dropbacks while the team has had 1932 rushing yards on 410 attempts. This is from his last 16 games. The team is winning in spite of him.
Actually the correct answer is: Tannehill is winning in spite of his OL

edit: and in 2016 putting up top 3 QB accuracymetrics on passes of 20 or more and top 4 QBR rating when throwing from that rare clean pocket.

Last edited:
He has 3041 net passing yards on 461 dropbacks while the team has had 1932 rushing yards on 410 attempts. This is from his last 16 games. The team is winning in spite of him.

Man come with a better troll job next time. This is a piss poor attempt.

as much as i hate to get into this debate the fact that we even have to stitch games together to create a full season worth crediting Tannehill with is not exactly a winning characteristic. not to mention he was 1-4 heading into that 16 game stretch.

and if your answer is "well he was injured" then you're only further proving a point. considering the injuries and the fact that he has never manned a 16 game season that led us to a winning record let alone the playoffs completely justifies the "give another year" mentality. you can't just brush off the criticism. i'm not saying give him the bortles treatment but there is no reason not to use serious draft ammunition if there is a prospect that we like.

i love tannehill's arm and his toughness but mentally he seems to do more thinking than feeling at the position.

I see the possibility of the ‘draft ammunition’ dwindling away week by week since Ryan has been back though.

I think we are at slot 20 at the moment. I mean even if you lose out Im still not sure you get in a realistic strike distance.

I think a later round QB is more realistic- unless you swing for Teddy, and I say pass on that option

The high TD% has to do with three factors:

1. Good red zone performance.
2. Ability to hit the big play.
3. The team is rushing the football more frequently.

All of these are good things. That's a winning formula if Tannehill continues to execute and provide scoring plays.

I personally thought he was REALLY, really good on Sunday, but here's the thing: He's gotta keep doing that. He's absolutely got to keep doing that, because this team needs him to do that every week or we're just not going to win football games. We just don't have the defense or healthy playmaking talent to win football games without highly efficient quarterback play.

Seriously?

Steelers game in 2016 50 yard pass to Gray? Doesn't ring a bell? Jump to the 50 second mark in this clip for a refresher:

Ridiculous escape and run for a first down against the Chargers? Nothing?

Another :

Check out the 1:15 mark here (and just watch the whole thing while your at it):

There are more of these......

They have Selective Memory. It is amazing what they choose not to see.

Going to a QB showdown this Sunday.

:lol: I kid, I kid.
Maybe...

I think the Vikings tak away Gore and force Tannehill to beat them. If he has to throw it more than 30 times against a good defense...I don't like the chances.

We have about 5 TD's from the opponents 20-30 yard line where we take a shot to end zone and score on a pass over 21 yards in the air.

This definitely helps as it gets harder to get the TD when you get into the tight red zone.

That last column that got blacked out is TD percentage.

Combine those numbers with a 13-8 record (his replacements have a combined record of 10-14) and I just don't get the hate......

This is a .500 team. When Tannehill is the QB, their winning % is 62%. With lesser QBs it is 42%. How about we build a roster that is 70% winning percentage roster (with an average QB) and put Tannehill in with that and see what happens.

1. Good red zone performance.
3. The team is rushing the football more frequently.

All of these are good things. That's a winning formula if Tannehill continues to execute and provide scoring plays.

I personally thought he was REALLY, really good on Sunday, but here's the thing: He's gotta keep doing that. He's absolutely got to keep doing that, because this team needs him to do that every week or we're just not going to win football games. We just don't have the defense or healthy playmaking talent to win football games without highly efficient quarterback play.

Yup. One more.

Back
Top Bottom