Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

This is seriously misleading. Brady, Roethlisberger, Wilson all won SBs before they were great QBs. Manning won one after he was no longer very good at all. The fact that Brady, Roethlisberger, and Manning are HOF QBs does not change the fact that they won SBs as average or worse QBs.

Brady took a 5-11 team and went 11-5 and was leading a game winning SB drive his 2nd year in the NFL, maybe he wasn't throwing for 40 TD's or winning MVP's but he was building his HOF resume early on. Big Ben had an excellent rookie year and helped his team go 22-3 his 1st 2 years along with posting a combined 98.3 QBR his 1st 2 years which at the the time was 3rd best in NFL history for the 1st 2 years of a QB behind only Marino and Warner. Wilson made the Pro Bowl his 1st two years and tied Manning's rookie TD record with 26 along with being 1 of 3 QB's in NFL history to throw for 20+ TD's their 1st 7 years tying Marino and Manning.

Posting big pretty numbers is not the only way to be considered a good or great QB. If you're doing things things that put you in the same company as Warner, Manning, Marino than your well on you way to being considered more than just average.

I told people gase and Tannehill won back the fan base last week and renewed expectations only to piss it away as usual. I’ve seen this time and time again with this franchise.

It's like a broken record isn't it. The "tease", you've got to respect, just give us enough to fool folks into thinking he's finally gotten over the hump and ready to take us to the next level.

Brady took a 5-11 team and went 11-5 and was leading a game winning SB drive his 2nd year in the NFL, maybe he wasn't throwing for 40 TD's or winning MVP's but he was building his HOF resume early on. Big Ben had an excellent rookie year and helped his team go 22-3 his 1st 2 years along with posting a combined 98.3 QBR his 1st 2 years which at the the time was 3rd best in NFL history for the 1st 2 years of a QB behind only Marino and Warner. Wilson made the Pro Bowl his 1st two years and tied Manning's rookie TD record with 26 along with being 1 of 3 QB's in NFL history to throw for 20+ TD's their 1st 7 years tying Marino and Manning.

Posting big pretty numbers is not the only way to be considered a good or great QB. If you're doing things things that put you in the same company as Warner, Manning, Marino than your well on you way to being considered more than just average.
They were average QBs

It's like a broken record isn't it. The "tease", you've got to respect, just give us enough to fool folks into thinking he's finally gotten over the hump and ready to take us to the next level.
Yep Everyone is like bring gase back, Tannehill is winning...don’t fall for it, Tannehill has been tricking this franchise for 7 years...make it look like you can win with him going forward when you really can’t.

Yeah I'm sure if our rookie or sophomore QB had a QBR north of 98, tied the rookie TD record, or lead the game winning drive in the SB his 2nd year he would be considered only average.
get back to me when we have a rookie QB playing on a team that revolves around the defense and running game.

Am I reading this right, Tannehill 108 yards and a 59 rating? I just browsed, is that for real? That's epic bad.

get back to me when we have a rookie QB playing on a team that revolves around the defense and running game.

So if we had a top 5 defense top 5 run game and our rookie QB had a QBR of 98, tied the rookie TD record and lead the game winning drive in the SB....you're going to call him average?

I seriously doubt that considering the vigor at which you defend the current QB.

Come on man that was a trash performance that knocked us out of playoff contention and your reaction is to defend RT in every thread? Try to be a little objective for once

Am I reading this right, Tannehill 108 yards and a 59 rating? I just browsed, is that for real? That's epic bad.

It could have been a lot worse, had a couple of dropped ints, once more, seems to be a recurring theme. The guy just can't play on the road, dunno why it seems so different to him, but it's a mental issue right now.

Come on man that was a trash performance that knocked us out of playoff contention and your reaction is to defend RT in every thread? Try to be a little objective for once

NINE sacks......... There isn't a QB that ever played that would have mattered.

So if we had a top 5 defense top 5 run game and our rookie QB had a QBR of 98, tied the rookie TD record and lead the game winning drive in the SB....you're going to call him average?

I seriously doubt that considering the vigor at which you defend the current QB.

If he threw for less than 3000 yards, I'd certainly acknowledge that he is not the focal point of the offense and cannot be considered above average.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand that it is a team game.

Back
Top Bottom