Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

They want a king ransom for McCarron and he wants a big $ contract. I would rather sign Mike Glennon as the back up if the price is right. After the Bears over paid Glennon last year the market on him might be more reasonable this year. Of course that's if Miami isn't planning on drafting a qb on day one or two. They would kick themselves if they sign a qb and one of the top qb's fall to 11 in the draft, so it's likely best to wait to see how the draft plays out and by then most of the decent free agent qb's will be gone.

McCarron is a free agent.

But we still can’t afford him. And he wants a starting job.

The fact that we can only get a 4th for Landry and a 4th for Jay, makes it hard to believe that EVEN if this were a possibility, this FO can pull a trade like this off. I can’t imagine a serviceable QB like 17 coming off injury would move the needle that much.

Plus, who’s to say one of these QBs isn’t going to be there at 11?

A hack

But if this happens guess I will walk the plank and be recording broncos games every Sunday

Tannehill and 11 for 5 is miami getting hosed again but maybe it’s best for him to get out of here anyways. Never appreciated
No backsies. You said once that you are an NFL fan first and foremost and if Tannehill leaves you will follow his team. :laugh

He’s six foot, 215, has an average arm and hasn’t passed with regularity into tight windows. There is a ton of risk there. Just because he’s excitable doesn’t mean he is a lock. I’m rooting for the kid, but you have to question the risk. The same things were said about Cade McNown twenty years ago and he went eleventh overall. I’m not saying he will suck. I’m saying he’s not a lock.

Josh Allen is 6’5 240 and can rip it. To answer your question, that’s prototype. Mayfield is small, unathletic with a decent but not great arm. That’s not prototype. I’m not sure anybody in the league would say he’s prototype.

Plenty of QBs are "unathletic" and are experts moving around in the pocket. Mayfield has a sixth sense when he's back in the pocket and can sense pressure while simultaneously looking downfield for targets. He also has an above average arm. Throws it with plenty of zip for the NFL.

Jamarcus Russell was 6'6 and could rip it.

Mayfield also has 1,000 career rushing yards...unathletic?

I thought you were arguing he’s prototype?

Have you ever seen Oklahoma play? You could run for a thousand there. You’re a millennial, right? You’re young enough to do it. Did you see him run? Do you think he’s turning the corner at the NFL level?

He’s got that bro feeling though. I could see management going for that. They love them some bros.

Jesus Christ.

Back
Top Bottom