Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill to the Broncos Rumor

I thought you were arguing he’s prototype?

Have you ever seen Oklahoma play? You could run for a thousand there. You’re a millennial, right? You’re young enough to do it. Did you see him run? Do you think he’s turning the corner at the NFL level?

He’s got that bro feeling though. I could see management going for that. They love them some bros.

Jesus Christ.

Ahh yes, because a QB who ran in the 4.8's has never been able to rush for a single yard in the NFL. And there's never been a "bro" to succeed in the NFL either!

You also said Mayfield lacks "prototypical everything." I said his arm strength and pocket feel fits the NFL prototype. So from that you assume I'm arguing the entire prospect of Baker is prototype? Nice.

I thought you were arguing he’s prototype?

Have you ever seen Oklahoma play? You could run for a thousand there. You’re a millennial, right? You’re young enough to do it. Did you see him run? Do you think he’s turning the corner at the NFL level?

He’s got that bro feeling though. I could see management going for that. They love them some bros.

Jesus Christ.

What is “prototype”?

Brady was fat and out of shape entering his draft, also with concerns about his arm strength, and he ran like a 5.3 40.

One could say Dan Marino was a “bro.”

Drew Brees? Short, un athletic, weak arm.

You know who was prototypical? JaMarcus Russell. Josh Freeman. Landry Jones.

I’m not saying Mayfield will certainly become one of those great QBs mentioned above, but don’t act like “prototype” is a pre-requisite to being a good QB

Watched Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield last night... and that rating does definitely tell the truth with Rosen from what I watched. Clean pocket, he’s golden, under pressure, he throws off his back foot and good luck where it goes. Darnold can at least scramble out of it, but he’s inconsistent... Mayfield, out of those 3, was really the only one that I saw that could throw under pressure.... why? Because he was constantly moving, I wouldn’t necessarily call Mayfield a pocket QB, as he’s constantly moving and twitching. The guy is a gamer. He deliverered some balls in that OSU game & Texas Tech that made me jump out of my seat and go “how the hell did he thread that? That’s an NFL throw.” So many Favre mannerisms with Mayfield, not even funny.

press_brake_pedal_324.jpg

Watched Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield last night... and that rating does definitely tell the truth with Rosen from what I watched. Clean pocket, he’s golden, under pressure, he throws off his back foot and good luck where it goes. Darnold can at least scramble out of it, but he’s inconsistent... Mayfield, out of those 3, was really the only one that I saw that could throw under pressure.... why? Because he was constantly moving, I wouldn’t necessarily call Mayfield a pocket QB, as he’s constantly moving and twitching. The guy is a gamer. He deliverered some balls in that OSU game & Texas Tech that made me jump out of my seat and go “how the hell did he thread that? That’s an NFL throw.” So many Favre mannerisms with Mayfield, not even funny.

You nailed it. The Ohio State game was as impressive performance by a college QB I’ve seen in a while. Mayfield throws WR’s open and hits them in stride. So rare for a college QB.

At this point given all the moves to gut the team of talent, I wouldn't care. It seems they are in rebuild mode now. Might as well trade a 30 year old starting QB coming off major knee injury for a chance to draft a young QB with upside. But as is the Dolphin way, that QB will likely be a bust and the Broncos would ride Tannehill to a superbowl or something...

I'm basing my opinion of McCarron on his most recent game reps. Only about a dozen pass attempts in 2017, but he looked like Uncle Rico on most of them. Should I blame Lazor?

I don't care what he did at Bama. The Crimson Tide won how many games with Jalen freaking Hurts starting at QB? Nick Saban may be a dreadful human being, but he's a hell of a football coach.

Back
Top Bottom