*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread *** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Tannehill's Comeback Mega Thread ***

Yes the team has been bad around him but it is had also been bad for everyone else too. so again why does Tannehill get a pass?
Doesn't matter, he still gets a pass primarily because of the Oline play and the fact that he is a QB......one who isn't terrible.
It's hard to find QBs man, and damn near impossible to luck out and get an elite one at that. In this league they are 3 probably 4 elite QBs, the rest are good, decent and serviceable. A player like Tannehill that is smart, knows the system and according to Gase still has a ton of upside will get a pass until he doesn't. The Dolphins rebuilt the Oline, Why? It wasn't for fun, it was to protect their starter and future QB that they see as an ascending player. If Tannehill has a good (not great) season he is going to be with us for a long time....book it.

I think this is silly. I’m not a Ryan fan boy who thinks he can do no wrong, nor am I a hater who won’t give him credit when he deserves it. I am someone who wanted us to draft a QB this past year to start moving on from Ryan, but if Miami wins and Ryan makes a pro-bowl I would be a huge fan. I have told my friends I would buy a Ryan jersey if thst happens preceding the last 3 seasons. I can’t imagine a single fan that would be upset if Miami has a great year with Ryan being the epicenter of it.

What I do think is the Ryan debate is great fodder for a site like this. With out it there isn’t much to talk about in May or other months that are starved for NFL news. Or during seasons like last year when we were awful, and there was nothing good to discuss. When I joined this site,17-18 years ago, we were entrenched in the same debate over Feildler, and QB debates dominated talk The years between Jay and Ryan. As members of this site we do not offer a fair cross section of Miami fans. We are the 1% of insanely obsessed fans, and because of that I’m positive we all would be dancing in the streets side by side if Ryan or any other QB leads us to a super bowl.

That's because you have some sort of perspective. I'm a huge Tannehill backer, but I also was all for drafting a QB late for the same reason you stated.

That being said, I am in agreement with Danny on this one. I can positively guarantee you that if the Fins won the Super Bowl (please do this before I die), there would be NUMEROUS posters on this site who would say/post one or more of the following:

1) Sure the Fins won in all...but they did so in spite of Tannehill, not because of him!
2) Lets trade Too Lucky Tannehill now while he still has some value!
3) Gase tuned Tannetrash into treasure!

The fact that some posters have claimed they're done with the Fins until Gase and Tannehill are gone tells me all I need to know.

It really isn't that hard to get.

The Eagles won a SB with one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, weapons like Alshon Jeffrey and Zach Ertz, and one of the top defenses in the NFL.

Isn't it just profound that when the QB gets the ball more and is sufficiently protected, they managed to score more points than their opponents on a consistent basis? Weird!

Nobody else in the world believes this. It is all about the QB! Oh, wait, there is this comment from pro football focus ranking of OLs:

“Games are won in the trenches” – a phrase considered to be cliché by many. However, the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles once again proved this theory accurate. Philadelphia fielded the best offensive line in the NFL and it was a large reason why the Eagles hoisted the Lombardi Trophy for the first time in franchise history.

There's a few people on this board hoping he fails so that they can say they were "right". It sad that some people's ego are so big that they'd rather see the team lose in order for them to say they were right. I really hope he has a great year for those of us that actually want the team to win.

Unfortunately, short of a Super Bowl victory this year, those people will consider themselves "right". Fortunately, there are very few of those people. Can't wait for this season to start!!

Dak Prescott is a graphic example of the importance of an elite OL and running threat. Does anyone remember that in his rookie 2016 season, there was considerable knob-slobbering over what a great value he was? Of course that's when PFF had Dallas's elite OL ranked #2 and Zeke active every game. Last season Prescott despite a still elite OL ranked #4 and #13 scoring defense without the continuity of Zeke demonstrated for all to see why he was a 4th round pick. Without that running threat and with injuries to a still much better than average OL, Prescott's team ended the season minus 4 wins.

Compare that to 2015 Fins where Tannehill, coping with the 2nd worst OL in the league and a lot of other crap including coaching "regressed" 2 games cuz you really cannot make chicken salad out of chicken ****!

as an aside: PFF had TN 's OL ranked #1 in '16 and #5 in '17 for anyone who's inclined to make Mariota more than he really is.

I understand what youre saying but most of those guys are pro bowlers and put up amazing numbers despite being on bad teams. Tannehill has had OK numbers but you wont ever hear many say Tannehill was a pro bowl snub.....not even as alternate. Some of yall make seem like it's so obvious of Tannehills greatness, he isn't setting the league on fire and the rest of the league agrees with us doubters, what else are we suppose to think?

I get that Tannehill isn't bad, but why does he continue to get pass, if everyone else is replaceable? even our more accomplished players? I just dont think he has done enough to deserve a he doesnt need replacing, we dont need an upgrade at the QB position. We have continued to TRY to build around him so it's not like Tannehill has got a raw deal here.

OK, but at the same time, would you rather have consistency and a guy who isn't the best QB in the league, but can still be a quality player, or have a revolving door where we're drafting first round QBs every year on players that may or may not be better than him?

There are very few QBs in this league who can win without having a very solid team around them.

Rivers, a future HOF, can't. Brees, a future HOF, can't. Andrew Luck did it once, but the team around him crumbled. Brady, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger are the only ones to have done it multiple times with a subpar team around them.

Russell Wilson also has had an atrocious offensive line for his entire career, but that defense he had was tops in the league. I'm sure Miami would have won a lot more games with Tannehill if the defense was only allowing 18 points per game.

The "good enough" idea is really incomplete when referring to Tannehill. We don't know if he is good enough yet. Quite frankly, if we went on previous years, I would say, no, he is not good enough. QBs that are "good enough" are somewhere around middle of the pack QBs, who make big plays when needed. 2 minute drives, 3rd downs, etc. Guys like Eli Manning or Joe Flacco are good enough. Ryan has yet to do much of that. In fact most of his career he has been pretty bad on third downs. Ryan is probably as good of a QB as those guys, but he has yet to show the ice in his veins needed to be "good enough". Hopefully he does starting this year.

The debate continues and the fact is we still don't know. This will be the first time when he actually has a good O-line in front of him(on paper) and a real TE to help him out. I like Tannehill but I'd have been ok with a first round QB too. I just didn't want to trade up for one, specially with the talent that was on the board and imo we ended up with a great player at 11.

For context, I also know Steelers fans who don't like Ben Roethlisberger

I understand what youre saying but most of those guys are pro bowlers and put up amazing numbers despite being on bad teams. Tannehill has had OK numbers but you wont ever hear many say Tannehill was a pro bowl snub.....not even as alternate. Some of yall make seem like it's so obvious of Tannehills greatness, he isn't setting the league on fire and the rest of the league agrees with us doubters, what else are we suppose to think?

I get that Tannehill isn't bad, but why does he continue to get pass, if everyone else is replaceable? even our more accomplished players? I just dont think he has done enough to deserve a he doesnt need replacing, we dont need an upgrade at the QB position. We have continued to TRY to build around him so it's not like Tannehill has got a raw deal here.

Because pretty good QBs aren't cost efficient to replace.

OK, but at the same time, would you rather have consistency and a guy who isn't the best QB in the league, but can still be a quality player, or have a revolving door where we're drafting first round QBs every year on players that may or may not be better than him?

There are very few QBs in this league who can win without having a very solid team around them.

Rivers, a future HOF, can't. Brees, a future HOF, can't. Andrew Luck did it once, but the team around him crumbled. Brady, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger are the only ones to have done it multiple times with a subpar team around them.

Agreed, but Brady's numbers go down with a poor OL and/or Gronk out with injuries, so let's not put too much emphasis on "carrying a team." Rodgers without Nelson? Ben without a run game or a solid D? Yes, they can make a poor team look better, but that's POOR teams, not teams where a forth of starters tankin the bottom quintile.

I disagree that Roethlisberger can. He has been on some damn good teams. Still a great QB. All three of the QBs you listed have also had a good about of stability in the organization. Very important.

Why does it seem like when talking about Tannehill every coach sounds like they're trying to convince themselves he's good? Searching and searching for reasons -- yet what do we see?

To date in the pros - he's had 3 head coaches (2 fired), 5 offensive coordinators (4 demoted or fired), and 3 general managers (2 fired). That's an impressive track record.
Considering Tannehill is still here in spite of all the quantitatively poor management prior to Gase, it is an astounding achievement!

Nicely shoveled but still a load of horse manure!

This has all the unsettling markings of an impassioned rambling Tannehill Derangement Syndrome manifesto! I am thinking that perhaps the Tannehills should take out a restraining order against this clearly overly wound-up poster.

All rhetoric aside, the die is firmly cast! As much as it pains the 8 percent or so, Tannehill is firmly embedded under center. All the OCD grade whining of arm chair general managers on a dolphins fan site is not going to change that! It's time to pull up the big boy pants and suck it up by either rooting for Tannehill and the team to succeed as true fans would do or just moving on if not for anything other than their own mental health.

Great and Great and Great. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom