Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

Honestly they'll be fine. They have a really, really good QB which is more than most teams have. It should attract a top GM and coaching candidate.
Couldn’t disagree more. Yes they have a great QB, but they have a huge payroll centered around many aging players. And no picks until Round 3? It’s a dumpster fire. How do you rebuild? Nah, strong pass

Honestly they'll be fine. They have a really, really good QB which is more than most teams have. It should attract a top GM and coaching candidate.

Functional word there is "should." No guarantee. Now, if they could drag Newsom and Harbaugh away, I'll agree. If they try to promote someone or hire someone with little experience, there is no guarantee there will be a top QB/HC/GM

Functional word there is "should." No guarantee. Now, if they could drag Newsom and Harbaugh away, I'll agree. If they try to promote someone or hire someone with little experience, there is no guarantee there will be a top QB/HC/GM
Yeah, but that would be completely blowing it. The owner should know that with Watson they should be able to hire proven experience with no need to promote and cross your fingers.

Yeah, but that would be completely blowing it. The owner should know that with Watson they should be able to hire proven experience with no need to promote and cross your fingers.

I agree, but, again, the functional word is "should." Humans are messy. Anyone who's hired people knows the candidate who looks best isn't always. And I struggle with "blowing it." HOU will try VERY hard to get the best GM/HC available. But, will top talent be available (it isn't always) and will the search find the right people. Remember, these are the guys who hired BoB

Wanny won with Jimmy's players. Good defensive coordinator but a bad HC. I wasn't thrilled about the cost of the Ricky Williams trade, but enjoyed his career in Miami. But DW had a bad habit of trading away picks. He set the franchise back a few years because of his questionable decisions.

Rick Spielman in the corner clearing his throat

Zero chance!

That cake is baked

and rancid in the oven!

Heck even the Texan fans know the dude is done.

Grier trading for him would be utter insanity.
All I’m saying is he would really help us make a playoff run this year.
Imagine Ogbah on one side and Watt on the other. Short term it would really help. I agree long term it is not a good move.

All I’m saying is he would really help us make a playoff run this year.
Imagine Ogbah on one side and Watt on the other. Short term it would really help. I agree long term it is not a good move.
Real short term like 3 games before he’s put on IR.

Id love to see Watt on this D. I would not do it for the 2 they owe us and I doubt they would do it for what I would give up...he just has too much wear on the tire to invest a lot in him.

Unless the Texans have a baby Chis Grier hidden in their FO closet

I think their battleship is sunk!

Burdened with huge cap issues?

Yes!

Devoid of draft ammo?

Yes!

Aging roster lacking upside talent?

Yes!

For sure. I bet a ton of GMs and HCs can't wait to get some of that!

:lol:

Unless the Texans have a baby Chis Grier hidden in their FO closet

I think their battleship is sunk!

Burdened with huge cap issues?

Yes!

Devoid of draft ammo?

Yes!

Aging roster lacking upside talent?

Yes!

For sure. I bet a ton of GMs and HCs can't wait to get some of that!

:lol:
It amazes me how often things like this happen. This is what happens when the wrong guy has too much power.

They get desperate and risk everything, losing site of the long term picture, while causing irrefutable damage in the short and intermediate term; and destroying a franchises ability to dig out.

It amazes me how often things like this happen. This is what happens when the wrong guy has too much power.

They get desperate and risk everything, losing site of the long term picture, while causing irrefutable damage in the short and intermediate term; and destroying a franchises ability to dig out.
Bill O'Brien was desperate for a good Left Tackle to protect Deshaun Watson and he rolled the dice, knowing Tunsil was good. Yes, Grier took him to the cleaners re the negotiation and for once we are in a position to really exploit it, but the deal highlights the danger of giving a coach total control, especially when they haven't had any previous player trade negotiation experience. In a way, the Texans owner, Cal McNair is partly responsible for just handing so much control to O'Brien. It actually highlights his inexperience as an owner.

* Note - I wrote the comment above assuming that Cal McNair is the owner. However, he is the Chairman and CEO. His 84 year old mother, Janice McNair is the official owner of the Houston Texans after the passing of her husband. My comment re inexperience at the CEO and ownership is still probably valid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom