Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

BTW, Has anyone seen "will be better than the Watt & Bosa brothers, HOF after his first season" Chase Young?

Yeah, other than missing a bit of time with a nagging injury, he’s been pretty good thus far. WAS doesn’t have many strengths but their DEF line/pass rush is certainly one. It’s among the better in the league, which is why they are reportedly considering trading Kerrigan. Young has helped open things up for others, which is what some observant people said he’d do.

Same was said about Jason Taylor too, but that turned out well.

I'll also state he is not Dion Jordan as some have compared. DJ relied completely on athleticism to overcome his adversaries. I don't see Rousseau (even in a limited sample size) as that type of player in any way, shape or form.

Some see him not playing this season as hurting his stock, I see the reverse side of it as one less year of bad habits possibly being picked up. A guy with his physical talent just needs to be molded and refined into the player he can potentially be. The more blank the canvas the better as long as you have the necessary coaching in place to finish the painting. I believe this coaching staff, if they deemed him worthy of the pick, would excel at getting every ounce of talent out of him.

Come on...How many guys that look like Taylor succeed in the NFL? Poor example.

Yeah, other than missing a bit of time with a nagging injury, he’s been pretty good thus far. WAS doesn’t have many strengths but their DEF line/pass rush is certainly one. It’s among the better in the league, which is why they are reportedly considering trading Kerrigan. Young has helped open things up for others, which is what some observant people said he’d do.

#2 overrall good?

#2 overrall good?

Nobody can say either way to this point. He's played 5 freaking games in his career.

But if you want to judge him strictly off that small sample size, he did have 2.5 sacks through his first 2 games. And WAS had 8 total sacks as a team in that 1st game with him drawing a lot of attention.

Then he suffered a groin injury early in GM3 and didn't return. He missed the next game and has played in 3 games since.

IDK that questioning his worthiness as a #2 overall pick (or potential future as star player) based upon 3 games after suffering a groin injury that is still nagging him is the wisest thing.

Perhaps that's just me.

Unless Houston goes on a historic run and/or all the 1 win teams decide never to win again then we should be in the safe zone for a top 10 pick at minimum. I'd say top 6 is 50/50 this early on.

It's a shame based on my knowledge this draft doesn't have dramatic talent in the top 10. You have Chase...meh..he's no Julio Jones, Megatron, Andre Johnson etc. Those are the type of recievier talent that get me excited 10. You have the LB kid from Penn that i'm not sure what you're really getting. An OT and what else exactly from the skillset position?

This seems like the perfect draft to trade away a top 10 pick for addiitonal picks the following year.
Fansided is predicting just that. They are anticipating Miami to be one of the teams to trade down in the 2021 draft. They mention the Texans pick specifically due to the potential of a top 5-10 pick and the amount of teams looking for QB's.

#2 overrall good?
I would argue yes.. he has been very stout vs the run as well. Also what do we really expect from a top 3 DE.. 10 sacks as a rookie? Roughly 20 guys a year get 10 sacks..
He has been disruptive and looks like the strongest guy on the field at times. Not a big pff fan especially for linemen but he is grading very well to them.

Nobody can say either way to this point. He's played 5 freaking games in his career.

But if you want to judge him strictly off that small sample size, he did have 2.5 sacks through his first 2 games. And WAS had 8 total sacks as a team in that 1st game with him drawing a lot of attention.

Then he suffered a groin injury early in GM3 and didn't return. He missed the next game and has played in 3 games since.

IDK that questioning his worthiness as a #2 overall pick (or potential future as star player) based upon 3 games after suffering a groin injury that is still nagging him is the wisest thing.

Perhaps that's just me.

I was told by 5 games in they should have his golden jacket already printed.

I would argue yes.. he has been very stout vs the run as well. Also what do we really expect from a top 3 DE.. 10 sacks as a rookie? Roughly 20 guys a year get 10 sacks..
He has been disruptive and looks like the strongest guy on the field at times. Not a big pff fan especially for linemen but he is grading very well to them.

PFF? Really? They have our OL rated as the #32 OL in the entire NFL.

Fansided is predicting just that. They are anticipating Miami to be one of the teams to trade down in the 2021 draft. They mention the Texans pick specifically due to the potential of a top 5-10 pick and the amount of teams looking for QB's.

I agree with them on this draft. If i have top 10 and i can get an additional 1st and 2nd for next year at a minimum then i'm doing it.

Come on...How many guys that look like Taylor succeed in the NFL? Poor example.
Poor example? Come on man! My whole point was those guys do come around sometimes. Obviously it takes a special player with that frame, which I wouldn't argue and I figured goes without saying. What I'm telling you is I fully believe him to be that guy who does come around with that frame and is an all-pro talent player.

So yeah, Jason Taylor would be a perfect example that 6'6" DE's can be all-pros, Julius Peppers would be another perfect example of a 6'7" all pro.

Back
Top Bottom