Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

Poor example? Come on man! My whole point was those guys do come around sometimes. Obviously it takes a special player with that frame, which I wouldn't argue and I figured goes without saying. What I'm telling you is I fully believe him to be that guy who does come around with that frame and is an all-pro talent player.

So yeah, Jason Taylor would be a perfect example that 6'6" DE's can be all-pros, Julius Peppers would be another perfect example of a 6'7" all pro.

1% of the time isn't sometimes. Like i said earlier poor example. Guys like JT at his stature are rare that actually play well..HOF? Forget it!

1% of the time isn't sometimes. Like i said earlier poor example. Guys like JT at his stature are rare.
Grab your Websters. Sometimes is a synonym for occasionally, and occasionally means infrequent. Rare also being a synonym for infrequent.

I rest my case.

My theory on drafting is that bad teams should ALWAYS trade down... more picks, more players.
Excellent teams should consider trading up to fill the one (or two) needs they still have.
Mediocre teams (like the Dolphins) should be hyper aware of the board and be willing to go either way based on sliding players, or alternately... too much of your board gets wiped out before you've picked.

This said... I would expect that the Dolphins will have 3-4 players that they've circled. If all of them are still on the board when their number is called, then sensibly... they'll listen to offers for the pick. If their board is down to 1-2, then make that pick.

Got to love when people take over a thread and are able to listen and comprehend information and form a new opinion based on info shown. Watch the skins play.. he shows up.

Taylor wasn’t more than 245 when he played
No, but he played a different game than most DEs of that era. He was a master at keeping the OTs hand off him, and abusing opponents with speed, and lean.

There are few guys that get away with that, at that size, and still hold up at the POA against a power run game.

He was a special player, and he had the "heart" of a champion. Another thing that separates him from a lot of players.

I was told by 5 games in they should have his golden jacket already printed.

Not by me. And I have been among his biggest advocates on this site. If not the biggest.

I know you’re a smart guy. Shouldn’t be taking that kind of hyperbole seriously.

What’s with the obsession of some people to try to **** on young as a bad player / pick?

Have no clue. Some people root for players to fail just so they can be right.

I don’t like to do that. I was on record saying I felt Tua was the best QB of this class and that Burrow‘s one great season out of 5 made him a question mark for me. And I didn’t like Herbert at all.

But I’m not rooting for either to fail. I have no problem being wrong about either or both. Still a long way to go and a lot for them to prove.

None of these rookies careers will be defined and settled in this one season. Not even in two or three.

I would argue yes.. he has been very stout vs the run as well. Also what do we really expect from a top 3 DE.. 10 sacks as a rookie? Roughly 20 guys a year get 10 sacks..
He has been disruptive and looks like the strongest guy on the field at times.

Glad you mention his production against the run. I was gonna mention it, but figured all the naysayers are gonna care about are sack stats and pressures.

He has been disruptive. And has already been drawing extra attention from offenses since day one since the opposition understands what he is capable of doing.

Have no clue. Some people root for players to fail just so they can be right.

I don’t like to do that. I was on record saying I felt Tua was the best QB of this class and that Burrow‘s one great season out of 5 made him a question mark for me. And I didn’t like Herbert at all.

But I’m not rooting for either to fail. I have no problem being wrong about either or both. Still a long way to go and a lot for them to prove.

None of these rookies careers will be defined and settled in this one season. Not even in two or three.
Quite possibly the most sensible take I have ever seen here. Are you sure you're from FH? ;)

Give me Micah parsons if he’s there. That guy can transform your defense.

I say trade our number 2 to the Jets for Q Williams. The guy is under a rookie contract for 3 more yrs. He is playing very good this yr on a mess of a team. We would know what we have in him ,and as a second rd pick he is a home run. Helping us this yr and as a building block for the future. I believe he was a top 10 pick. The Jets are shopping him and most fans are pissed.They want a number 1 but houstons 2 would be a low 2 today

Never take the opinion of someone who thinks Jamar Chase isn't a top 10 pick serious. They add little to no value in a football oriented conversation.

That is all.

Back
Top Bottom